Are you ready for a quick easy hearty chili that won't ruin your diet? This Gluten Free Instant Pot Turkey Chili is your answer.
Only 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook for the perfect Weight Watchers Instant Pot Chili.
You can have an amazing home cooked healthy chili on the dinner table in under 45 minutes.
If you love simple healthy dinner recipes make sure you check out these fan favorites - Low Carb Turkey Meatloaf, WW Artisan Pizza, Easy Shrimp Salad, Zucchini Pizza Boats and my favorite Eggplant Parmigiana.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this easy Instant Pot Gluten Free recipe!
Perfect for mid week when you want to feed the family a scrumptious savoury meal. Elevate your salad with a scoop of this turkey chili and make it a healthy meal.
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 4 points on my WW plan for one large cup of low calorie instant pot chili with ground turkey. Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to determine the exact points for your current plan.
- Mouth watering low calorie meal - It's not easy to find an instant pot chili con queso under 400 calories - yes even with a sprinkle of cheese you still have an under 400 calorie dinner.
- Easy to make - Only a handful of ingredients needed for this gluten free turkey chili recipe and under 30 minutes to cook.
- Kid Friendly - Add 8 ounces of elbow macaroni to this recipe and turn this into a delicious Instant Pot Chili Mac with turkey. Every kid loves a little macaroni in their chili!
- Budget friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - Your entire house will smell amazing when this simple Instant Pot Gluten Free Turkey Chili is cooking. Everyone will be headed for the kitchen!
If you are using an Instant Pot, select the “Chili” program button, then set the time for 20 minutes. If your pressure cooker does not have a “Chili” program, set it manually to “High Pressure” for 20 minutes. For stovetop pressure cookers, cook for 17 minutes at high pressure.
If you don't have a "chili" setting on your instant pot, just use the manual setting and cook for 18-20 minutes. Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes or quick release with the vent.
Try adding some cornstarch or all purpose flour. Cornstarch and all-purpose flour are common thickening agents that you might already have on hand in your pantry. Adding flour directly into the chili will create lumps. Instead, make a slurry by mixing one tablespoon of cold water with one tablespoon of cornstarch.
Homemade chili can be extremely healthy. You may think of chili as greasy and unhealthy, but that just isn't true. Most of today's chili recipes are packed with ingredients that are good for you, and chili can be part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
What does this easy Instant Pot Chili taste like?
This Gluten Free Instant Pot Turkey Chili is so tasty. It has a rich and spicy full bodied flavor. The Crispy Turkey Bacon is what takes it up a notch.
Make a batch of homemade Naan Bread for dipping!!
What makes this Gluten Free Instant Pot Turkey Chili Healthy?
This pressure cooker Chili recipe is made with 99% Lean all natural ground turkey breast with only 1% Fat as well as Kidney and Cannellini Beans which are high in Fiber and Protein.
Why are Beans Healthy?
Beans are an excellent source of plant based protein. They are also rich in various minerals, vitamins, fibers and antioxidants. Beans have been said to aid in weight loss, promote colon health and moderate blood sugar levels.
Can I use different types of Beans for this Recipe ?
Absolutely! Use what you have in your cupboard.
Different Bean Options:
- Black Beans
- Butter Beans
- Fava Beans
- Garbanzo Beans
- Lima Beans
- Navy Beans
- Pinto Beans
What kitchens tools do I need?
For this recipe you will need the Instant Pot.
What is so special about an Instant Pot?
- The Instant Pot can pressure cook, steam, saute, brown food and cook rice which means you can spend a lot less money on kitchen tools and get dinner done faster which allows you to spend more time with your family.
Can I still make this Recipe if I do not own an Instant Pot yet?
Yes you certainly can. Just use a stockpot to saute and brown your meat and then add all of the ingredients into your stockpot and cook on low heat for 60 minutes.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you already know I am a lifetime Weight Watcher member and like to point out all of my recipes. Weight Watchers recently changed their program into a personal program.
This keto friendly turkey chili is 4 points on my plan for one cup of the Instant Pot Turkey Chili. Just lug the ingredients into your WW app to determine your exact points. It should be similar if not the same.
Every once in a while I hit a plateau on WW and I do my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again…… If you want to see the new zero point WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here…and if you are a newbie WW make sure you check out my beginner Tips & Tricks.
What is a good garnish for the Chili?
- Diced Scallions
- Shredded Cheese
- Parmesan Crisps
Ingredients and Substitutions:
Your Instant Pot Turkey Chili Shopping List:
- 1 Pound of Lean Low Fat Turkey - I used the Jennie-O Brand - if your ground turkey is frozen just pop it in the microwave on defrost for 5 minutes.
- 1 Can of 15 Ounce Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of 15 Ounce Cannellini Beans - feel free to add in an additional bean variety in place of the turkey meats if you want to prepare a instant pot vegan 3 bean chili.
- 8 Slices of Turkey Bacon
- One 6 Ounce Can of Tomato Paste
- One 10 Ounce Can of RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 Onion
- 1 Pepper Diced (use any color Red, Green, Yellow, Orange whatever you prefer) - I used about 4 Mini Peppers instead of one large pepper
- 2 ¼ Cups of Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth - if you are making a vegetarian chili swap the chicken broth for a vegetable broth.
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- A Pinch of Salt
- A Pinch of Pepper
How to make your Instant Pot Chili with beans recipe:
1: Turn your Instant Pot to Saute and add in your Turkey Bacon slices. Cook them until they are nice and crispy and then remove from the pot and set aside on a plate. Once the Bacon has cooled chop 6 of the slices into one inch pieces which you will add to the Chili and take the other 2 slices and crumble and set aside to sprinkle on top when serving.
2: Now add a ¼ cup of chicken broth into your Instant Pot with your diced onions and peppers continuing on saute and stir with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot and let them cook for a few minutes until they get soft; now add in your Turkey chop meat and cook until browned.
3: Add all the remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot including your turkey bacon pieces. Mix well. Close and lock your lid and set your vent to the sealed position and press your Bean Chili Button.
4: Your Instant Pot will cook for 18-20 minutes. Once cook time is complete let your Instant Pot natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then you can use the quick release to empty the remaining pressure.
5: Open your lid and serve.
6: Don't forget to sprinkle the extra turkey bacon crumble when you serve and try some diced scallions and a sprinkle of cheese for a garnish.
Want some simple Low Carb Food Swap Ideas?Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.