In the world of culinary delights, fall means cozy sweaters, bonfires, and of course, pumpkin-infused everything. But as food enthusiasts, we also appreciate the importance of maintaining a healthy balance amidst all the seasonal indulgence.
That's where our Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls come into play – a delightful blend of autumnal flavors and nutritious goodness that's perfect for satisfying your cravings and keeping your energy levels up as the days grow shorter.
As the leaves turn brilliant shades of red and orange, our taste buds yearn for the warm and comforting flavors that define this time of year. And what could be more quintessentially fall than the irresistible allure of pumpkin spice?
What sets these energy balls apart? Well, we've infused them with the delightful warmth of pumpkin spice, that iconic blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger that immediately transports you to a cozy fireside setting.
But that's not all – these energy balls are also boosted with the power of pumpkin spice protein powder. It's a double dose of the flavors and nutrients that make autumn so special!
Perfect for a Pre-Workout Snack
Whether you're looking for a pre-workout snack, a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, or a healthy treat to accompany your pumpkin-spiced latte, these Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls are your answer.
Join us on a journey through the recipe, as we combine the essence of fall with the benefits of protein-packed nutrition. It's time to embrace the season, savor every moment, and energize your body with these wholesome and delicious treats. Fall in love with fall all over again, one bite at a time!
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this easy no bake pumpkin balls recipe!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This quick and easy Pumpkin Spice Balls recipe is only 3 points for 1 pumpkin protein bite.
Easy to Make - This healthy no bake recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and 0 cook time.
Kid Friendly - Hands-On Activity: Making energy balls is a hands-on activity that kids can actively participate in. Children enjoy rolling and shaping the mixture into balls, which can be a fun family bonding experience in the kitchen.
No-Bake Recipe: Most energy ball recipes are no-bake, meaning there's no need for cooking or baking. This eliminates potential safety hazards for young children and reduces the time required to prepare the snack.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
Orgain Protein Powder - The star of this healthy pumpkin ball recipe is the Orgain Organic Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder. A plant based protein powder that is gluten free, dairy free, lactose free and soy free.
How to make No Bake Pumpkin Balls
1: In a large bowl mix your rolled oats, protein powder, pumpkin puree, honey, almond butter and pumpkin pie spice together.
2: Continue to mix your ingredients until they form a dough ball.
3: Next you are going to make round pumpkin bites with your dough. You can use an ice cream scoop to scoop out your dough balls or break off pieces with your hands. Now roll into a ball shape. Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
4: Take your white chocolate chips and place them in a microwave safe bowl with a tablespoon of coconut oil and microwave in 30 seconds increments until melted to a pourable consistency. It may only take 30 seconds depending on the power of your microwave.
5: Now drizzle the melted white chocolate over your pumpkin bites then place in the refrigerator or freezer to store.
6: Remove when chilled and serve. Have a bite...so yummy!!!
Watch the Video on How to Make Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites here...
Homemade energy balls made with protein powder and nut butter can be a healthy and convenient snack option. The key is to use quality ingredients, practice portion control. Nut butter, such as almond or peanut butter, provides healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Protein powder can be an excellent source of protein, which is important for muscle repair and satiety.
The number of homemade energy balls you can eat in a day depends on several factors, including the specific recipe you're using, the ingredients, your daily calorie and macronutrient goals. If your protein balls have 100 calories or less enjoy 2-3 as a healthy snack.
Energy balls can typically last in the fridge for about 1 to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container. However, the shelf life may vary based on the ingredients used. If your energy balls contain ingredients that are prone to spoilage, such as fresh fruits or dairy, they might not last as long. If you store in the freezer they can be stored for a longer period, usually up to 3 months or even longer if properly stored. Freezing helps to preserve the freshness of the ingredients and prevents spoilage.
- Gather High-Quality Ingredients: Start with fresh, high-quality ingredients, including almond butter, protein powder, and pure pumpkin puree. The better your ingredients, the tastier your energy balls will be.
- Choose the Right Protein Powder: Select a protein powder that complements the flavors of pumpkin spice and almond butter. Pumpkin Spice, Vanilla or plain protein powder works well in this recipe.
- Measure Accurately: Use a kitchen scale to measure your ingredients accurately. Precise measurements ensure consistent results and help you track your Weight Watchers points.
- Control Portion Size: Energy balls are calorie-dense, so be mindful of portion sizes. Aim for small, bite-sized balls to help with portion control.
- Sweeten Wisely: Use natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, or a sugar substitute that fits your dietary needs and Weight Watchers plan.
- Balance Flavors: Adjust the amount of pumpkin spice to your taste preference. You can always start with a smaller amount and add more as needed.
- Incorporate Fiber: Add a touch of fiber by including oats or ground flaxseed in your energy ball mixture. This can help you feel fuller for longer.
- Texture Matters: Ensure the texture is just right by gradually adding wet ingredients like pumpkin puree and sweetener. This prevents the mixture from becoming too sticky.
- Chill the Dough: After mixing your ingredients, chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. This makes it easier to shape the balls and prevents them from becoming too soft.
- Use Parchment Paper: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper before placing the energy balls on it. This prevents sticking and makes cleanup easier.
- Get Creative with Add-Ins: Add a variety of mix-ins like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or mini chocolate chips to customize your energy balls and add extra flavor and texture.
- Roll Uniform Balls: To ensure even portioning, use a cookie scoop or your hands to roll uniform-sized balls. This makes tracking your portions and Weight Watchers points easier.
- Store Properly: Keep your energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for freshness. They can also be frozen for longer storage.
- Monitor Serving Size: Be mindful of how many energy balls you consume in one sitting. Remember to factor in the ingredients' points values if you're following a Weight Watchers plan.
- Enjoy Mindfully: Savor each energy ball slowly and mindfully, appreciating the flavors and textures. Eating mindfully can help you feel more satisfied with smaller portions.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This healthy WW Pumpkin Spice Energy Ball recipe is only 3 Points on my app for one big and tasty pumpkin bite.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...