Breading chicken fingers in a buttermilk beer batter? Can you say Yummy! We used a Montauk Pale Ale for this beer battered air fried chicken tenders recipe, but you can use any light colored beer.
You'll love the savory combination of chicken, parmesan, buttermilk and pale ale. Perfect for happy hour or for a kid-friendly family dinner. These beer battered boneless chicken tenders are irresistible and perfect for dunking in your favorite dip.
You'll have these battered air fryer chicken tenders ready in under 30 minutes. The chicken requires a quick dredge in 4 simple ingredients and then pop into the air fryer and bake to a crispy perfection.
Make a batch of Smashed Air Fryer Brussels sprouts for your side dish...
Whip up a quick Weight Watchers 1 point BBQ Sauce and make a batch of air fried BBQ chicken tenders. For an easy one point barbecue sauce just mix together 1 ¾ cups of canned tomato puree, ¼ cup of honey, ¼ cup of red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of Paprika, 1 tablespoon of Spiced Seasoning Mix BBQ flavor, 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard and 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
If you are short on time tonight grab a bag of Tyson Air Fryer Any'tizer wings for dinner and save this recipe for the weekend.
If you love simple Air Fryer recipes make sure you check out my Easy Air Fryer Beignets, Curried Sweet Potato Fritters, Maryland Crab Cakes, Chicken and Waffles or my favorite Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this crispy buttermilk air fried chicken tenders recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This easy low carb air fried chicken tenders recipe is only 3 points per serving on my WW Plan. Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Mouth watering low calorie meal - Only 60 calories for 1 moist and crispy homemade air fried chicken strip.
- Easy to make - These low carb air fryer chicken bites bake up in under 30 minutes.
- Kid friendly - These healthy panko crusted chicken tenders are so moist and delicious the kids will want them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh and the best part is you can freeze the leftover air fried chicken tenders for a quick after school snack or quick dinner by re heating in the air fryer.
- Budget friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - Beer battered chicken in the air fryer smells amazing. Everyone will be running for the kitchen.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Beer - this air fryer chicken tender recipe works best when using a light beer. I love the Montauk Wave Chaser IPA but you can use any Pale Ale.
- Boneless Chicken Breast - Boneless chicken breasts are super easy to slice into strips for chicken tenders. If you prefer dark meat you can easily swap the breast for a boneless chicken thigh to cut into strips.
- Panko Bread Crumbs - Panko bread crumbs work great for an extra crispy crust. For a Keto Southern style chicken tender you can swap the Panko for crushed pork rinds for a low carb crunch. For something hot & spicy try grabbing a bag of Hot Cheetos and crushing those up as your breading. The kids love Hot Cheetos chicken tenders.
How to Make Beer Battered Air Fried Chicken:
1: Combine beer and buttermilk in a shallow dish. Combine Panko and Parmesan cheese in another shallow dish.
2: Sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper. Dip in Beer mixture, roll in Panko mixture to coat.
3: Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F. Line air fryer basket with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
4: Cook in batches 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
5: Remove from air fryer and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Watch the How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Here:
Store bought Tyson frozen air fried chicken tenders have 150 calories per serving. Homemade air fried chicken tenders have about 60 calories per chicken strip. Air frying is a healthy alternative to fried chicken tenders.
No,using an air fryer reduces calories. Most people reduce their calorie intake by 70 to 80%, on average, when using air fryers.
You can freeze your air fried chicken leftovers. To get it ready to eat after it has been frozen - thaw the frozen leftover air fried chicken in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Place the chicken in your air fryer basket lined with aluminum foil and bake for 5 minutes at 370 degrees F.
Refrigerate air fried chicken breasts in an airtight storage container for up to 5 days. TO REHEAT: Gently rewarm chicken in the air fryer or oven at 370 degrees F. TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating or use the microwave to thaw.
Cooked chicken can safely be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. After that, it's best to freeze it. Just pop your left overs in a Zip Loc freezer bag - label with the date and store in the freezer for up to a year,
To make a substitution for buttermilk place 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or distilled white vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough milk to measure ½ cup. Stir and let the mixture stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Discard leftover mixture.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Easy Beer Batter Chicken Recipe is only 3 Points on my app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan. It's super easy to follow. You can grab a copy on Amazon here.
If you are impatient like me and want the 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan now I am offering an instant digital download of the entire plan for my Blog Visitors only for $1.00 today..just click HERE. Limited time only...Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...