Grab a tube of precooked polenta and watch it turn into the easiest air fryer polenta recipe. This corn-meal based staple product slices up into perfect round chips or crispy fries.
20 minutes is all it takes to prepare this light and healthy snack, side dish or lunch that you will be craving and find yourself making all year long.
What exactly is polenta?
Polenta is a dish of boiled cornmeal that was historically made from other grains. The dish comes from Italy. It may be served as a hot porridge, or it may be allowed to cool and solidify into a loaf that can be baked, fried, or grilled
What are the benefits of polenta?
- Polenta is gluten free
- High in fiber and protein
- Rich in complex carbohydrates
- Low in Fat and Calories
- Contains Iron, Magnesium and Zinc - all essential minerals for a healthy diet.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this super easy air fried polenta recipe!
- Weight Watcher friendly - This easy low carb air fryer polenta recipe is only 1 point per serving on my WW Plan. Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Easy to make - These low calorie baked polenta slices and crispy polenta fries cook up in only 20 minutes.
- Kid friendly - These healthy vegan polenta fries and polenta rounds are so moist and crispy with a dusting of parmesan cheese the kids won't even know you are feeding them a vegan dinner. Oh and the best part is you can freeze the leftover air fried polenta for a quick after school snack or quick appetizer by re heating in the air fryer.
- Budget friendly - These air fried polenta snacks cost less than $20.00 to prepare and there is enough to feed the whole family.
Ingredients needed and Substitutions:
- A Roll of Traditional Italian Polenta
- Spray Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese or you can also use Grated Asiago or Pecorino Romano cheese.
How to Prepare Sliced Polenta in the Air Fryer:
1: Grab your polenta roll and remove from the plastic wrap. Slice into ¼ inch thick rounds. If you want to make fries slice your rounds into ½ inch sticks.
2: Preheat your air fryer to 390 Degrees F. Once your air fryer is at the correct temperature add a sheet of aluminum foil and give it a spritz of olive oil. Now add your polenta rounds or fries to your air fryer basket on top of the foil. Give your polenta a spritz of olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
3: Close your lid and air fry for 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Then remove and serve.
Watch the How to Make Air Fried Polenta Video..
Sliced polenta can make wonderful layers for many recipes. Use it to create a low carb side dish or a replacement for bread. Perfect for breakfast to add a fried egg on top. I love to keep it on hand to replace noodles for a pasta-free lasagna, or to slice into polenta crinkle fries.
Polenta is much lower in calories and fat, yet still provides a source of complex carbs that are much-needed for energy.
Polenta is low calorie . Providing about 70 calories per 100 grams (g) cooked per serving. Nutritious, whole foods that are low in calories, such as polenta, are a great choice for people looking to lose or maintain weight.
Try topping polenta with your favorite pasta sauce and cheese for an air fryer polenta pizza. Slice into crinkle strips and make a batch of parmesan polenta fries. Make polenta rounds as a bread swap or use for breakfast to place your eggs on top. Polenta rounds are also great as a pasta swap for making a vegan lasagna. The options are endless!
Expert Air Fryer Tips:
- Don't overcrowd your air fryer basket you need room for the heat to circulate.
- Grease your air fryer basket with a spritz of olive oil.
- Flip foods halfway through the cooking time to insure even cooking.
- Open the air fryer as often as you like to check for doneness.
Are you are Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Air Fried Polenta Recipe is only 2 Points on my app for one serving which is equal to 2 slices of polenta rounds or about 10 polenta fries. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan. It's super easy to follow. You can grab a copy on Amazon here.
If you are impatient like me and want the 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan now I am offering an instant digital download of the entire plan for my Blog Visitors only for $1.00 today..just click HERE. Limited time only...
More Recipes you will Love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...