Welcome back, fellow food enthusiasts and Weight Watchers! If you've been craving the satisfying crunch of tater tots but want to keep things in check, you're in for a treat. We're diving headfirst into the world of Air Fryer Tater Tots, Taco style.
I'm about to take you on a flavor-packed journey that's not just delicious but also mindful of our healthy eating goals.
Now, you might be wondering what's so special about air frying, and how does it fit into your Weight Watchers journey? Well, let's start with the magic of air frying.
It's a culinary game-changer, allowing us to enjoy the crispy, golden perfection of our favorite comfort foods without the excessive use of oil.
Imagine indulging in your favorite treats while keeping an eye on those SmartPoints®. It's a win-win!
One of the incredible things about being on the Weight Watchers program is that you can truly enjoy anything you want.
That's right; no food is off-limits! It's all about making smart choices, being mindful of portion sizes, and finding creative ways to enjoy the flavors you love while staying on track.
Air frying makes this journey even more exciting because it lets us reimagine our beloved classics, like tater tots, in a healthier and more satisfying way.
I will walk you through the steps to create a mouthwatering, guilt-free delight: Air Fryer Tater Tots, Taco Style.
This recipe combines the crispy goodness of tater tots with the bold, zesty flavors of tacos, all while keeping your SmartPoints® in check.
So, whether you're a seasoned Weight Watcher or simply someone looking for a delicious, guilt-free snack or meal option, join me on this culinary adventure.
Let's fire up those air fryers and savor every bite of our Air Fryer Tater Tots Taco Style, proving that healthy eating can be just as scrumptious as it is satisfying!
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this easy frozen tater tots in an air fryer recipe!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This quick and easy tater tots recipe is only 6 points for 12 crispy tater tots.
Easy to Make - This frozen tater tots in the air fryer recipe requires only 14 minutes of cook time.
Kid Friendly - You can easily customize the seasoning and flavors of your tater tots to suit your kids' preferences.
Whether they like them plain with a bit of salt or prefer something more adventurous like taco style, garlic parmesan or buffalo-style tots, the air fryer can accommodate your creativity.
The air fryer does an excellent job of crisping up the tater tots, giving them a satisfying crunch that kids love.
Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to make this healthy WW tater tots recipe.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
A Package of Frozen Tater Tots - Any brand will do, I used Ore-Ida extra crispy for this recipe. Alexia Tater Tots are really good also.
How to make Tater Tots in an Air Fryer
1: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F and place about 2 cups of your frozen taters tots in a Ziploc baggie and sprinkle with taco seasoning and shake well.
2: Give your air fryer basket a spritz of olive oil so they don't stick. Next place your seasoned frozen tater tots in your air fryer basket in a single layer. You can also use a silicone insert for easier cleaning which I prefer. You may need to do this in batches depending on how many tater tots you want to make and how large your air fryer is.
3: Cook for 7 minutes and then turn over or shake basket and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until desired crispiness.
4: Remove from air fryer basket and serve..Yummy!!
Watch the How to Make Air Fryer Tater Tots Video Here...
The key to achieving extra crispy tater tots is not overcrowding the air fryer basket and ensuring they are cooked at a high temperature. Experiment with cooking times and methods to find the perfect level of crispiness to suit your taste.
Try a seasoning blend like Cajun, ranch, or barbecue seasoning for a unique twist.
Grate some Parmesan or cheddar cheese over the tots during the last few minutes of cooking for a cheesy crust.
Thawing tater tots before cooking in an air fryer is unnecessary and may result in a longer cooking time. Cooking them from frozen allows you to enjoy a convenient and quick snack or side dish with a pleasingly crispy texture.
- Preheat the air fryer: Always preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature (usually around 400°F or 200°C) for a few minutes before cooking. This ensures even cooking and crispiness.
- Use a non-stick cooking spray: Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or use a misting bottle to prevent the tater tots from sticking to the basket.
- Arrange tater tots evenly: Place the frozen tater tots in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overcrowded. This allows for proper air circulation and even cooking.
- Shake or flip halfway through: Gently shake the basket or flip the tater tots with tongs halfway through the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly on all sides.
- Don't overcrowd the basket: If you have a large batch of tater tots, cook them in multiple batches to avoid overcrowding, which can lead to uneven cooking and less crispiness.
- Season before cooking: Season the tater tots with your favorite spices or seasonings before cooking. This can add extra flavor to the tots.
- Experiment with seasonings: Get creative with your seasonings. Try adding garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or even grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- Serve immediately: Tater tots are at their best when served hot and crispy, so enjoy them right out of the air fryer.
- Keep leftovers crispy: If you have leftovers, you can reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes to regain their crispiness.
- Customize dips: Prepare a variety of dipping sauces like ketchup, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, or spicy mayo to accompany your tater tots.
- Experiment with toppings: Take your tater tots to the next level by adding toppings like melted cheese, chopped bacon, green onions, or sour cream for loaded tater tots.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This healthy air fryer tater tots recipe is only 6 Points on my app for one cup or 12 tots.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...