Welcome to our delightful culinary corner, where taste meets health in perfect harmony!
As an avid Weight Watcher, I am thrilled to share with you a scrumptious recipe that will tantalize your taste buds and keep you on track with your wellness journey - Crispy Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza!
Eating healthy doesn't mean sacrificing flavor, and with this inventive twist on a classic favorite, you'll experience a burst of flavors without the guilt.
Crispy, light, and incredibly satisfying, this air fryer tortilla pizza is a fantastic alternative to traditional calorie-laden pizzas.
Whether you're looking for a quick lunch, an easy dinner, or a fun appetizer for your next gathering, this recipe will surely become a go-to option in your culinary repertoire.
The best part? It's incredibly simple to prepare, so you won't have to spend hours in the kitchen to indulge in a delicious homemade pizza.
So, let's gather our ingredients, fire up the air fryer, and embark on a culinary adventure that combines the joy of pizza with the goodness of a mindful, health-conscious approach. Let's get cooking!
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this healthy tortilla pizza recipe!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This low carb wrap pizza recipe is only 2 points for for the entire pizza if you use fat free mozzarella & ricotta cheese. If you add in 2 tablespoons of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese it will be 4 WW points.
Easy to Make - This air fryer flat bread pizza requires only a handful of ingredients and less than 10 minutes of cook time in the air fryer.
Kid Friendly - Kids often love pizza, and by using low carb tortillas as the base, you're offering a familiar and enjoyable meal. Offer Customizable Toppings: Let your kids get involved in the process by allowing them to choose their favorite toppings. Have a variety of options like sliced vegetables, lean meats (e.g., grilled chicken, turkey pepperoni), and a selection of low-fat cheeses. This involvement will make them more excited about their personalized pizzas.
Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to make this quick and easy airfryer tortilla pizza.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
Tortillas - For this recipe I used 6 Inch Mission Carb Balance Flour Tortillas as the pizza crust. You can swap the flour tortilla for a corn tortilla and make a copycat Taco Bell Air Fryer Mexican Pizza. Just use the corn tortilla as the base and add refried beans, low fat chop meat, taco seasoning and Mexican shredded cheese.
Cheese - Shredded Mozzarella works well for this recipe. Fat Free shredded mozzarella is 0 points on WW making it a good choice for this low carb air fryer pizza if you can find it. If you cannot have dairy try using Daiya Dairy Free Shreds for a dairy free pizza. Part Skim Ricotta Cheese or Whipped Cottage Cheese makes for a nice added protein boost to this keto tortilla pizza recipe.
Toppings - I added some fresh grilled Zucchini as a topping for this healthy air fryer pizza. Any grilled vegetable is a nice addition. If you are a meat lover try adding some mini pepperoni.
How to Make Tortilla Pizza in an Air Fryer
1: Take your tortilla and toast it over the flame on your stove or in a toaster to get it slightly crispy.
2: Grab your silicone air fryer liner and give it a spritz of olive oil, then place your toasted tortilla in the liner.
3: Spread 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese on your tortilla.
4: Add a layer of your favorite roasted veggie ( I used grilled zucchini).
5: Now add a tablespoon of your favorite sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6: Add a couple of pieces of fresh basil on top and place in your air fryer.
7. Cook for 6-10 minutes at 390 degrees F until crispy. Remove and serve..so yummy!!!
Watch the How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Video Here..
Yes you can. Cooking pizza in an air fryer is a convenient and efficient way to achieve a crispy crust and delicious toppings. Remember, air fryers can vary in performance, so it's essential to keep an eye on the pizza during the cooking process to achieve your desired level of crispiness. With a little practice, you'll become an expert in making delicious pizzas in the air fryer!
The cooking time for pizza in an air fryer can vary depending on the size and thickness of the pizza, as well as the specific model of the air fryer. As a general guideline, here's an approximate range of cooking times:
Mini or Personal-sized Pizza: 5-8 minutes
Small Frozen Pizza: 8-12 minutes
Medium-sized Pizza: 10-14 minutes
Large-sized Pizza: 12-16 minutes
The best air fryer temperature for cooking pizza typically falls in the range of 375°F to 400°F (190°C to 205°C). However, the exact temperature and cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of the crust, the toppings used, and personal preference for crispiness.
- Choose Whole Wheat Tortillas: Opt for whole wheat or multigrain tortillas instead of refined flour tortillas to increase fiber content and nutritional value.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to ensure even cooking and a crispy crust.
- Use Cooking Spray: Lightly spray the air fryer basket or the tortilla with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Go Easy on Sauce: Use a moderate amount of tomato sauce to avoid making the crust soggy. You can also try using a low-calorie or sugar-free pizza sauce.
- Add Lean Proteins: Use lean proteins like grilled chicken, turkey, or shrimp instead of fatty meats like pepperoni or sausage.
- Load Up on Veggies: Load your pizza with colorful and nutritious vegetables like bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms. These add flavor and bulk without many calories.
- Watch the Cheese: Cheese can quickly add calories, so use a light hand. Opt for reduced-fat or part-skim mozzarella or try alternatives like feta or goat cheese for a tangy twist.
- Incorporate Herbs and Spices: Enhance the flavor of your pizza with a variety of herbs and spices, such as basil, oregano, garlic powder, or red pepper flakes.
- Precook Dense Veggies: To ensure that vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower cook thoroughly, consider giving them a quick blanch or roast before adding them to the pizza.
- Mind Portion Sizes: Keep the size of your tortilla pizza in check to control portion sizes and calorie intake. A smaller pizza can still be satisfying and delicious.
- Experiment and Have Fun: Don't be afraid to get creative with your toppings! Experiment with different combinations to discover your favorite guilt-free pizza.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This easy low carb pizza tortilla recipe is only 2 Points on my app for the entire airfryer pizza.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...