Do you love Apple Pie but don't want to add an extra 400 calories to your daily diet? Try these Zero Point Baked Apple Crisp Chips today you will not be disappointed! You only need 10 minutes to prep these for baking.
Did you ever buy a bunch of apples with plans to start eating more fruit but then did not eat them and now a week has gone by and you really don't want them to go to waste?
Make these healthy zero point Baked Apple Crisp Chips and see how quickly those apples disappear.
If you always find yourself looking for that sweet and crunchy treat after a meal don't go for the usual store bought processed snack...make your own snacks.
Why is Home Baked better than Store Bought?
Homemade crisp apple chips are healthier than store bought because you control the ingredients. No preservatives are used, and only the best Apples and Ingredients are used.
People that eat home-cooked food on a regular basis are happier and healthier and consume less sugar and processed foods which result in higher energy levels and better physical and mental health.
Oh and always the added bonus is the aroma of the baking spiced cinnamon and apple.
The smell is warm and enveloping and will instantly take you back to childhood memories of your Mom or Grandma making something delicious in the kitchen for you, or the smells coming from your favorite bakery on a Sunday morning.
But wait, here is another bonus, science has determined that being creative in the kitchen can add to happiness and satisfaction to your busy life.
Baking is a known common cure for stress or feeling down. So let’s get baking!
Want more low calorie dessert recipes? Check out these fan favorites - 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins, Wendy's Low Carb Copycat Frosty, Three Ingredient Chaffles, Keto Carrot Cake and one of my favorites Air Fryer Hushpuppies.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this best ever Weight Watchers apple dessert recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This tasty apple chips recipe is Zero points on the WW plan.
- Mouth Watering Low Calorie Dessert - Only 100 calories for 14 apple crisp chips.
- Easy to Make - Requires only 4 simple ingredients to prepare this apple chip recipe.
- Kid Friendly - Kids love these little apple crisp donut rings.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - Your house will smell amazing when these apple chips are baking in the oven.
Baked apple chips are the perfect healthy snack. Apples are an incredibly nutritious fruit that offer multiple health benefits. They are rich in fiber and antioxidants. Eating them is linked to a lower risk of many chronic conditions, including diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Apples may also promote weight loss and improve gut and brain health.
Red Delicious apples work great for making baked apple chips. You can also use Gala Apples,Fuji Apples or Pink Lady Apples.
Apples should be hard and crunchy without any moisture. Try to dehydrate your apples for a longer time if they are still chewy.
How Healthy are Baked Apple Slices?
These healthy Weight Watchers Baked Apples are Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan friendly.
The average sized apple contains about 95 calories so this is the perfect low calorie dessert chip. It is not that often that you can indulge in an entire baking sheet full of treats for under 100 calories.
Want more Healthy Dessert Recipes? Get a FREE Copy today of my Easy Keto Desserts Recipe Book!!
Are these Baked Apple Crisp Chips Vegetarian Friendly?
Yes this is the best Vegan dessert recipe.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Easy Recipe for Weight Watchers Baked Apple Crisp Chips is Zero Points for the entire Recipe. Weight Watchers has a new program out right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
I was following the Purple Plan which was good but a little too lenient for me so I have switched over to the Blue Plan and the pounds are going down again happy to report. If you want the Zero point WW Food Lists for each plan just click here.
How do I Cook these Baked Apple Slices?
You can prepare this baked apple slices recipe using a conventional oven or an Air Fryer. Air fryer apple chips come out just as good as the WW baked apple chips, making it the perfect zero point air fryer recipe as well.
Just place your sliced apple rings in the air fryer basket and back for 5 minutes at 390 degrees.
How do I cook these Baked Apple Slices in the Air Fryer?
Spritz your Air Fryer Basket with Olive Oil.
Place your seasoned apple slices in the basket and lay them flat and spaced apart.
Why Air Fry?
I love my Air Fryer and use it several times a week, it has become a staple in my kitchen. Cooking with an Air Fryer is better for your health, deep fried foods are loaded with fat and calories which can lead to serious health conditions.
With the Air Fryer you only use a couple of sprays of Olive Oil which makes your meals in the Air Fryer much lighter. You will not feel bloated and lethargic after you eat like you would after a greasy burger and fries.
How Long does it take to Air Fry?
Most dishes prepared in the Air Fryer can be prepared in a fraction of the time that they would take in a traditional oven. If you are always on the go and do not have a lot of time to spend cooking than an Air Fryer is perfect for you.
Is an Air Fryer easy to clean?
When you finish cooking in your Air Fryer there is no excess grease to clean up or discard like you would have if were traditionally frying. No oil splatters on the stove or countertops. Just remove your basket and rinse with soap and water easy peasy!
What Ingredients do I need for these Baked Apple Slices with Cinnamon?
- 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of Zing Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener - if you prefer sugar you can swap the zing for regular sugar but note sugar is 48 calories per tablespoon so you would be adding an extra 96 calories to the recipe.
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 2 Large Apples - Any Variety or Mix and Match - Cored and sliced into 1/16 inch slices - apple rings
How do I prepare these Baked Apple Slices?
- In a bowl combine Cinnamon, Zing (or sugar if you prefer) and Ginger and mix together.
- Place you cut apple slices flat in a single layer on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure the apple slices do not touch.
- Sprinkle lightly with your Cinnamon, Sugar and Ginger mixture. You do not have to use all the mixture - coat the slices to your liking.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 300 Degrees F, with the racks placed in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, until the apple slices feel leathery, about 2 hours.
- When baking is complete turn off the oven and crack open the oven door a pinch and let them cool in the oven. They will become crisp as they cool.
What is a Good Dip for these Healthy Baked Apple Slices?
What Kitchen Tools do I need to make these Baked Apple Slices?
More Low Calorie Dessert Recipes you will Love...
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.