Do you love Apple Pie but don't want to add an extra 400 calories to your daily diet. These Easy Baked Apple Crisps are the guilt free version of apple pie!
- 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of Zing Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener - if you prefer sugar you can swap the zing for regular sugar but note sugar is 48 calories per tablespoon so you would be adding an extra 96 calories to the recipe.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 2 Large Apples - Any Variety or Mix and Match - Cored and sliced into 1/16 inch slices - apple rings
- In a bowl combine Cinnamon, Zing (or sugar if you prefer) and Ginger and mix together.
- Place you cut apple slices flat in a single layer on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure the apple slices do not touch.
- Sprinkle lightly with your Cinnamon, Sugar and Ginger mixture. You do not have to use all the mixture - coat the slices to your liking.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 300 Degrees F, with the racks placed in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, until the apple slices feel leathery, about 2 hours.
- When baking is complete turn off the oven and crack open the oven door a pinch and let them cool in the oven. They will become crisp as they cool.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Apple
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 2.2 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.3 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Baked Apple Gluten Free