By following the WW program and getting to know all the beginner Weight Watchers Tips & Tricks I have been able to lose 50 lbs and keep it off.
As you guys already know, I am a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers. I have followed the Weight Watchers program for many years.
I began quite some time ago on the Weight Watchers Points Plus program and still love it. The updated WW program focuses on overall health and wellness as opposed to just weight loss, and it looks good.
I will continue using my Blue points system as I really liked that one and incorporate some of the new ideas Weight Watchers has for this year.
I have picked up a lot of food tips and tricks over the years and found lots of WW-friendly products that have become staples in my home.
Since so many of my on line friends join Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year, I thought it would be helpful to share some of my favorites! I hope you enjoy and wish you success on your journey.
How to Start Weight Watchers - Tips & Tricks:
- Number 1 - Keep it simple, don't let yourself get overwhelmed by all of the information provided.
- Number 2 - Take inventory of what you normally eat for meals and snacks and point everything. This will help you to see what you can continue eating or what might need to be eaten in a smaller portion or swapped for a lower point option.
- Number 3 - Remember..you can eat anything on Weight Watchers, you just have to get a little better at pre planning and budgeting your points.
- Number 4 - Use a black sharpie to write the WW points value on all the food in the pantry. The kids and hubby might think you are crazy but just ignore them, it works. This will make it so much easier for you to grab something quick when you are hungry without having to calculate or scan.
- Number 5 - Pre portion your on the go snacks. Use pre measured container for things like nuts, pretzels, cheese.
- Number 6 - Get a good digital food scale - you would be surprised by how much food you are allowed to eat..it's way more than you think.
WW Kitchen Tool Must Haves:
- Digital Food Scale - For accurate weighing and measuring
- Air Fryer - If you love fried food this tool will save you lots of Points and you can try my Polenta Fries recipe!
- Instant Pot - Hands free cooking makes life easier which in turn makes healthy eating easier.
- Small Pre Measured containers - Perfect for plan ahead grab and go snacks
- Ninja Blender - Makes fast easy smoothies - another way to whip up healthy meals in seconds.
- Vegetti - This little piece of magic spiralizes veggies in minutes - Turn zucchini, squash and carrots into pasta..zero points on the Green Plan, zero points on the Blue plan and zero points on the Purple Plan..oh and zero points on the new 2023 Weight Watchers Plan, you can't beat that!
Weight Watcher Food Favorites:
- HALO Top Ice Cream - 2-3 points for a ½ cup
- Tumaro's Low Carb Wraps - 1 point
- Laughing Cow Spreadable Cheese - 1 point per wedge
- Smart Cakes - only 1 point
- Air Popped Pop Corn - 1 point per cup
- Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Powder - perfect for healthy WW recipes like my 3 ingredient Cinnamon Oat Muffins
- Rolds Gold Pretzel Sticks - 1 point for 15 sticks
- Stacy's Toasted Cheddar Pita Chips - great for zipping in zero point Salsa, Guacamole or Hummus. Only 5 points for 7 chips
- Sugar Free JELLO cup - Zero points
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Cheddar Baked snack crackers - On the go pack - 1 pouch is 4 points
- Cheez It Extra Toasty Baked snack crackers - 5 points for 27 crackers
- Newtons Fig Fruit chewy cookies - 4 points for one cookie
- Cheese and Pretzel snack pack - 3 points
- Breyers chocolate ice cream snack cups - 6 points
- Reese's snack size peanut butter cups - 4 points for one cup
- Mott's unsweetened applesauce snack cup - zero points
- Del Monte diced peaches no sugar added - zero points
- BBQ Pop Chips - one bag - 3 points
- 2 Ingredient Dough - the best recipe for making homemade pizza and bread - only 4 points.
- Jayone Crunchy Rice Snacks - These are really delicious and filling snacks at only 2 points per roll and only 40 calories
- Cookie Baked Oatmeal - Only 2 points
I hope this helps answer the question how do I get started on Weight Watchers. I tried to give a sampling of the things that help me stay on track.
If you have found things that help you please reach out and share so I can add them to the lists so we can team up and help everyone.
Weight Watchers Frequently Asked Questions:
You can eat anything on Weight Watchers, that is why it is the perfect program. What you learn is to limit and portion foods that are not optimal for you like processed foods, high sugar and fried foods.
Weight Watchers advises that zero point fruit does not mean eat unlimited fruit. Fruits and vegetables are not calorie-free just because most of them are zero SmartPoints values. You are encouraged to eat fruits and vegetables because they are nutritious, satisfying, and tasty but not unlimited.
Weight Watchers runs specials throughout the year so I recommend checking their website. For 2022 they have a free 3 months and then it is $21.95 a month and also you can purchase month to month for $38.76 a month.
With your free trial, you'll have unlimited access to WW's award-winning app, which features food, activity, water, and weight tracking; 8,000+ recipes; equipment-free workouts; and guided meditations. It is included with your paid subscription.
Leave a Reply