Are you on the lookout for a delicious recipe that doubles as a healthier option?
Well, you're in luck because today, I'm sharing a great Weight Watchers Waffle Recipe.
Indulge in savory waffles without compromising your commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
Picture this: crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside waffles infused with the irresistible flavors of cheddar cheese and golden hash browns.
Yes, you read that right – we're talking about cheesy hash brown waffles! And the only thing better than the taste is knowing that these delightful creations are part of your weight-loss journey.
With the help of a mini waffle maker or your trusty waffle iron, these healthy waffles are about to become your new favorite go-to breakfast or brunch option.
- MORE THAN WAFFLES: Make your favorite breakfast classics, or get creative with waffled hash browns, cookies and even biscuit pizzas. Any batter will “waffle” into single serving portions. Great for families or on the go.
Say goodbye to bland waffle recipes and hello to a smart points-friendly meal that proves that eating well doesn't mean sacrificing flavor.
So, let's dive into this great thing and whip up some cheesy hash brown waffles that will leave your taste buds singing!
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on these super fun low point waffles!
Weight Watcher Friendly - These mini waffles are only 3 points on my WW app for a serving which is equal to one crispy waffle.😁.
Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact WW personal points.
Easy to Make - Preparing this Weight Watchers low point breakfast requires only 5 simple ingredients and 3 minutes of cook time.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
Scallions - Fresh chopped scallions add great flavor. If you don't like scallions sprinkle in your favorite chopped fresh vegetables.
How to Make Hash Brown Cheddar Waffles
1: In a mixing bowl, beat eggs - add in potatoes, cheese, scallions, milk, salt and pepper - stir to combine.
2: Spoon about a ½ cup of batter onto your pre-heated mini waffle maker - close the lid and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all batter is used.
3: Serving size is one waffle - you should be able to make 4 waffles with one batch of batter. Enjoy!!
Watch the How to Make DASH Mini Waffles Video Here...
- Prep Your Ingredients: Use a bag of frozen shredded hash browns and shredded cheddar cheese or begin by grating your hash browns and shredding the cheddar cheese yourself. Crack and whisk the eggs in a bowl to create the egg mixture.
- Opt for a Healthy Batter: For a high protein waffle batter, try using a mixture of Kodiak cake mix combined with almond milk for a protein-packed alternative.
- Add Nutrients: Incorporate some pumpkin puree into your batter for added fiber and vitamins. This also adds a delicious autumn flavor to your waffles.
- Cooking Spray is Key: Before pouring your batter into the waffle maker, lightly coat it with cooking spray to prevent sticking and ensure a crispy exterior.
- Control Portions: Since you're focusing on a weight-loss program, use a mini waffle maker to control portion sizes. Mini waffles are perfect for portion control and can be satisfying without overindulging.
- Experiment with Toppings: Get creative with different toppings such as fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, nut butter, or a dollop of light maple syrup. These toppings add flavor and nutrients without adding excessive calories.
- Go Savory: Top your mini waffles with a fried egg for a savory twist. The combination of runny egg yolk with cheesy hash browns is irresistible.
- Freeze for Later: If you're making a batch ahead of time, allow the mini waffles to cool completely before placing them in a freezer bag. They can be easily reheated in the toaster or air fryer for a quick breakfast option.
- Mix in Chocolate Chips: For a touch of sweetness, sprinkle some chocolate chips into the batter before cooking. This adds a delightful contrast to the savory ingredients.
- Serve with Cool Whip: If you're craving something creamy, serve your mini waffles with a dollop of light Cool Whip. It's a low-calorie alternative to whipped cream that still adds a decadent touch.
- Mindful Indulgence: While it's okay to enjoy treats like ice cream occasionally, be mindful of portion sizes. Consider serving a small scoop of low-fat ice cream alongside your pumpkin waffles for a special treat.
- Drizzle with Maple Syrup: A drizzle of maple syrup adds sweetness without overpowering the flavors of your waffles. Use a light hand to control portions and calories.
- Store Properly: After making your mini waffles, allow them to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. This helps maintain their freshness and crispness.
- Reheat with Care: When reheating frozen mini waffles, use a toaster or air fryer instead of a microwave for best results. This ensures they stay crispy on the outside while heating through evenly.
- Enjoy Variety: Don't be afraid to experiment with different flavors and ingredients. Whether it's pumpkin waffles with a drizzle of maple syrup or savory hash brown waffles topped with a fried egg, there are endless possibilities to explore.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Weight Watchers friendly waffle recipe is only 3 Points on my Weight Watchers points app for one delicious waffle.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
Planning to travel soon? Make sure you check out my 100 Tips for healthy eating on the go.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version my book today for only $1.00 just click here...
More recipes you will love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...
Join my brand new FACEBOOK group Skinny Weight Watchers and Low Carb Recipes Share Group Here.