If you've been craving the satisfying crunch of tater tots but want to keep things in check, you're in for a treat. We're diving headfirst into the world of Air Fryer Tater Tots, Taco style.
I'm about to take you on a flavor-packed journey that's not just delicious but also mindful of our healthy eating goals.
- One 16 ounce package of frozen tater tots
- One teaspoon of low sodium taco seasoning
- A spritz of olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F and place about 2 cups of your frozen taters tots in a Ziploc baggie and sprinkle with taco seasoning and shake well.
- Give your air fryer basket a spritz of olive oil so they don't stick. Next place your seasoned frozen tater tots in your air fryer basket in a single layer. You can also use a silicone insert for easier cleaning which I prefer. You may need to do this in batches depending on how many tater tots you want to make and how large your air fryer is.
- Cook for 7 minutes and then turn over or shake basket and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Remove from air fryer basket and serve..Yummy!!
- Preheat the air fryer: Always preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature (usually around 400°F or 200°C) for a few minutes before cooking. This ensures even cooking and crispiness.
- Use a non-stick cooking spray: Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or use a misting bottle to prevent the tater tots from sticking to the basket.
- Arrange tater tots evenly: Place the frozen tater tots in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overcrowded. This allows for proper air circulation and even cooking.
- Shake or flip halfway through: Gently shake the basket or flip the tater tots with tongs halfway through the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly on all sides.
- Don't overcrowd the basket: If you have a large batch of tater tots, cook them in multiple batches to avoid overcrowding, which can lead to uneven cooking and less crispiness.
- Season before cooking: Season the tater tots with your favorite spices or seasonings before cooking. This can add extra flavor to the tots.
- Experiment with seasonings: Get creative with your seasonings. Try adding garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or even grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- Serve immediately: Tater tots are at their best when served hot and crispy, so enjoy them right out of the air fryer.
- Keep leftovers crispy: If you have leftovers, you can reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes to regain their crispiness.
- Customize dips: Prepare a variety of dipping sauces like ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 860 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: Air Fryer Tater Tots