So is it Breakfast or Dinner? Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Wings and Waffles are the perfect breakfast or brunch meal.
The Sweet and Savory Combination delivers a protein packed change of pace from the usual sugar loaded morning meal. You probably would not think of having Chicken Wings with your Waffles but don't knock it until you try it.
With Spring just a couple of days away I like to start thinking about outdoor weekend get togethers and of course what to eat at them and this chicken n waffles recipe is making the list.
This country style chicken n waffles recipe is a healthier version vs your traditional fried chicken and waffles recipe. You will only need 7 simple Ingredients and an Air Fryer.
I guarantee you will get rave reviews for making waffles in an air fryer.
If you love healthy breakfast/brunch recipes make sure you check out my 3 Ingredient Chaffles, Air Fryer French Toast Crunch, 3 ingredient Cinnamon Muffins, Apple Cinnamon Muffins or my favorite Baked Almond Butter Oatmeal Muffins.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this quick and easy air fryer chicken wings and waffles recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 5 points on my WW plan for a serving of this gourmet chicken and waffles recipe which includes one wing and one waffle. Just input the ingredients into your WW app to determine your exact points, they should be similar if not the same.
- Mouth watering low calorie brunch - Only 69 calories for one air fried chicken wing and make your own healthy waffles. I like Vans whole grain frozen waffles and also like making my own with. Kodiak Cakes Waffle Mix.
- Easy to make - Only requires 7 simple ingredients to prepare chicken and waffles in the air fryer.
- Kid Friendly - What kid doesn't love fried chicken and waffles for breakfast yum!!
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - Your house will smell amazing with these frozen waffles and chicken wings baking in the air fryer.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
Here is what you need for your shopping list:
- One Pack of Perdue Chicken Wings 6-8 pack or you can use Tyson Frozen chicken wings in the air fryer if you don't have fresh. Frozen chicken wings in the air fryer can be cooked at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Your favorite Chicken Seasoning or Rub - if you like your chicken wings sweet and spicy try some Frank's Buffalo wing sauce and a drizzle of honey.
- ½ Cup of all Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil Spray
- Frozen Waffles - your choice - I used a Light Whole Grain Brand to keep it healthy
- 100% All Natural Maple Syrup
Check out my latest videos here...
1 - In a medium bowl Season the Chicken with the Garlic Powder and Spices you Prefer
2 - Transfer the Chicken to a sealable plastic bag and add the Flour. Shake to thoroughly coat the Chicken
3 - Spray the Air Fryer Basket with the Olive Oil
4 - Using Tongs transfer the Chicken from the bag to the Air fryer. Spray them with olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes...then
5 - Open the Air Fryer and flip your Chicken Wings. Continue to cook and flip every 5-10 minutes until 30 minutes have passed and the Chicken is fully cooked. Depending on what temperature you set, your fryer may cook the wings quicker, I set mine to 360 and cooked the wings for the full 30 minutes as I like mine crispy.
6 - Remove the cooked Chicken from the Air Fryer and Set aside
7 - Rinse the basket and base with warm water to prep the Air Fryer for the Waffles.
8 - Place your Frozen Waffles in the Air Fryer. Do not stack them. Give them a spray of the Olive Oil and Cook for 6 minutes
9 - If necessary remove the Cooked Waffles from the Air Fryer when done and repeat step 8 for the remaining Waffles, my Air Fryer has a large capacity 5.5qt Basket and it cooked all the Waffles in one shot.
10 - Serve the Waffles with the Chicken and a touch of Maple Syrup, light Whipped Cream or even some Hot Sauce...Sweet and Spicy...Yum!
It only takes two simple steps to cook up your frozen Eggo waffles in the air fryer. Simply take the frozen waffles out of the freezer and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook the frozen waffles in the air fryer at 360F for 6 minutes, flipping the waffles over halfway through the cooking time. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Yes you can make your wings super crispy in the air fryer. Lay your chicken wings in a single layer, on the air fryer basket, spray them with olive oil and cook for 30 minutes at 360F flipping every 5 minutes.
Air fryers, much like your standard oven or toaster oven, can be used to heat and reheat foods that could benefit from being wrapped in, or placed on top of, aluminum foil. Just make sure you do not cover the entire air fryer basket with the foil or you will prevent the air from circulating which is necessary to crisp your food.
Do not put paper towels in an air fryer. Your air fryer operates at a high heat, so using paper towel is a fire risk and should absolutely be avoided.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Easy Air Fryer Chicken n Waffles Recipe is only 5 Points on my app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own. 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarted the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
More recipes you will love!!
Grab a FREE copy of my Low Carb Food Swap guide Here...Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.