Greetings, fellow food enthusiasts and culinary connoisseurs! Today, I am thrilled to share with you one of my all-time favorite recipes that has become a game-changer in my kitchen – the irresistibly crispy air fryer smashed potatoes!
This simple yet stunning creation has secured its place among my cherished repertoire of favorite potato recipes, earning accolades as the perfect side dish, a fantastic finger food, and an absolute star at dinner parties and game day gatherings.
Picture this: creamy potatoes, adorned with a crispy golden brown exterior, achieved effortlessly through the marvel of the air fryer.
The result is a symphony of textures that will leave your taste buds dancing and your guests clamoring for more.
With a few simple ingredients, this recipe has the power to transform humble spuds into a show-stopping delicacy fit for both casual gatherings and formal affairs.
What makes these crispy smashed potatoes a standout? It's not just their divine crunch or the ease of preparation, but the versatility that makes them an excellent choice for any occasion.
Whether you're seeking a great appetizer to kick off a soirée or a mouthwatering side to accompany your main meal, these crispy air fryer delights have you covered.
Join me on this culinary journey as we explore the art of creating crispy perfection with a simple recipe that will win the hearts of your whole family.
Elevate your kitchen game with these crispy smashed potatoes – a testament to the fact that extraordinary dishes can stem from the most straightforward ingredients.
Get ready to make this recipe one of your cherished favorites, setting the stage for culinary triumphs at every dinner table.
Stay tuned for the step-by-step guide/full recipe, tips, and tricks to achieve the crispiest, golden-brown results that will undoubtedly make these air fryer smashed potatoes a star in your kitchen. Let's embark on a flavor-packed adventure together! 🥔✨ #CrispyPotatoMagic #AirFryerDelights #FavoriteRecipes
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this delicious easy smashed potatoes recipe!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This air fryer smash potatoes recipe is only 3 points for 5 smashed potatoes.
Easy to Make - These smashed mini potatoes in the air fryer require only a handful of ingredients and an air fryer.
Kid Friendly - These crispy potatoes are mini size and fun shapes: Kids are often attracted to small potatoes and bite-sized foods that they can easily pick up and eat with their hands. Making mini smashed potatoes allows for playful shapes and sizes, making it visually appealing and exciting for them to eat.
This recipe involves smashing the potatoes, which is a perfect activity for kids. Let them use their hands or a potato masher (with your supervision) to flatten the potatoes before air frying. This hands-on approach will keep them engaged and interested throughout the cooking process.
Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to make the crispiest smashed potatoes recipe.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
Herbs - You can flavor your baby smashed potatoes with your favorite seasonal herbs. I grabbed some Italian Seasoning, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh rosemary, baby tomatoes, parsley and chives from my garden an added them to my pan along with a little oil.
How to Make Smashed Potatoes in an Air Fryer - Step by Step Instructions:
1: Place your potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 15 minutes at 390 degrees. Spray them with a spritz of olive oil before cooking.
2: Remove potatoes from air fryer and flatten them with a the bottom of a cup, a mason jar or you can even use a fork .
3: Now let's prep our sheet pan - drizzle some olive oil on a small sheet pan, add some crushed garlic, cherry tomatoes and herbs like parsley and rosemary and spread it all around with a brush.
4: Now place potatoes on your sheet pan and place them back in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until crispy. If you don't have an air fryer that fits a small sheet pan you can bake in the oven.
5: Remove from air fryer - ready to serve - enjoy!! Use melted butter and parmesan cheese, garlic powder and some black pepper mixed together to make our favorite dipping sauce.
Watch the How to Make Smashed Potatoes Video
Cooking potatoes in an air fryer can be a healthier option compared to traditional deep-frying, as it uses significantly less oil. Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food, creating a crispy texture similar to deep-frying but with much less oil. Using less oil can reduce the overall calorie content and the amount of unhealthy fats in your potato dishes.
You can use aluminum foil in your air fryer, but it's essential to use it correctly. Make sure the aluminum foil is not in direct contact with the heating element or the walls of the air fryer. Keep a gap between the foil and the cooking basket, so there's proper air circulation.
Yes you can use an oven safe glass dish. Ensure that the glass dish you plan to use is heat-resistant and labeled as safe for oven use. Not all glass dishes can withstand the high temperatures generated by an air fryer, which can typically reach up to 400°F (200°C) or higher.
- Pre-cook the baby potatoes: Air fry the baby potatoes at 390 degrees F for 15 minutes or boil the baby potatoes until they are fork-tender. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Smashing the potatoes: Gently flatten the boiled baby potatoes using the bottom of a glass or a fork.
- Seasoning: Sprinkle the smashed potatoes with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices you prefer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Place the seasoned smashed potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Lightly spray with oil: If the potatoes are not browning evenly, lightly spray them with olive oil and continue air frying for a couple of minutes.
- Cooking in batches: If your air fryer is not large enough to fit all the potatoes at once, cook them in batches to ensure even cooking.
- Serving: Once all the batches are done, transfer the crispy smashed baby potatoes to a plate and serve them hot. You can garnish with fresh herbs or a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor.
How to store your leftover smashed potatoes..
- Proper Cooling before Storage:After air frying the smashed potatoes, allow them to cool to room temperature before storing. This helps to prevent condensation inside the storage container, which can make the potatoes soggy. Placing hot food directly in the refrigerator can also raise its internal temperature, affecting other stored items.
- Use an Airtight Container:Choose airtight containers for storing your air-fried smashed potatoes. This helps to maintain their freshness and prevents them from absorbing odors from the refrigerator. Airtight containers also minimize exposure to air, which can contribute to the potatoes drying out or developing an undesirable texture. If you're storing them for an extended period, consider using containers that are suitable for freezing.
- Bonus Tip: If you're concerned about the potatoes sticking together during storage, consider placing a layer of parchment paper or wax paper between the individual potatoes. This can make it easier to separate them when reheating and serving.
- Reheating for Crispy Texture:When reheating air-fried smashed potatoes, use the air fryer again for the best results. Preheat the air fryer, and then place the smashed potatoes in a single layer. Reheat at a moderate temperature (around 350°F or 180°C) for a few minutes until they're hot and crispy. This method helps maintain the initial texture and ensures that the exterior remains crunchy.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This easy smashed mini potatoes recipe is only 3 Points on my app for 5 jumbo smashed potatoes and a great side dish.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...