Welcome to our delightful culinary haven, where we celebrate the marriage of exceptional taste and mindful eating with a super easy air fryer smashed potatoes recipe.
As a lifetime Weight Watcher passionate about creating flavorsome dishes that won't compromise your health, I'm thrilled to present to you one of my all-time favorite recipes: Crispy Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes!
- 12 Mini Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Rosemary
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- A pinch of Sea Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
- Place your potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes at 390 degrees. Spray them with a spritz of olive oil before cooking.
- Remove potatoes from air fryer and flatten them with a the bottom of a mason jar or you can use a fork or even the bottom of a glass.
- Now let's prep our sheet pan - drizzle some olive oil on a small sheet pan, add some crushed garlic, cherry tomatoes and herbs like parsley and rosemary and spread it all around with a brush.
- Now place your smashed potatoes on your sheet pan and place them back in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes until crispy. If you don't have an air fryer that fits a small sheet pan you can bake in the oven.
- Remove from air fryer - ready to serve - enjoy!!
- Pre-cook the baby potatoes: Air fry the baby potatoes at 390 degrees F for 15 minutes or boil the baby potatoes until they are fork-tender. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Smashing the potatoes: Gently flatten the boiled baby potatoes using the bottom of a glass or a fork.
- Seasoning: Sprinkle the smashed potatoes with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices you prefer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Place the seasoned smashed potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Lightly spray with oil: If the potatoes are not browning evenly, lightly spray them with olive oil and continue air frying for a couple of minutes.
- Cooking in batches: If your air fryer is not large enough to fit all the potatoes at once, cook them in batches to ensure even cooking.
- Serving: Once all the batches are done, transfer the crispy smashed baby potatoes to a plate and serve them hot. You can garnish with fresh herbs or a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 potatoes
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 189.5 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.4 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes