This hearty Weight Watcher friendly breakfast comes together in minutes. These Baked Almond Butter Oatmeal Muffins cook up in less than 30 minutes and set you up for several days of an easy healthy under 500 calories breakfast.
The oatmeal gets infused with the nutty flavor of the almond butter and the sweetness of banana just shines in these tasty banana almond butter muffins with chocolate chips.
If you thought making a healthy Weight Watcher snack for breakfast was difficult you were wrong. These tasty almond butter banana oatmeal muffins with chocolate chips are so easy to make and are the perfect solution to satisfy a chocolate craving.
The naturally sweet banana is used in place of sugar keeping these eggless oatmeal muffins moist and filling. The oats add fiber and texture, and the chocolate chips make them instant crowd pleasers.
If you love WW friendly sweet treats make sure you check my 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins, Easy Air Fryer Beignets, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Baked Apple Crisp Chips and fan favorite Air Fryer Hushpuppies.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this super simple WW breakfast muffin recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 6 points on my WW Blue Plan. Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used to get your exact points.
- Mouth watering low calorie dessert - Under 500 calorie breakfast ideas are hard to find - these no flour oatmeal muffins are only 170 calories per muffin so enjoy!
- Easy to Make - Only 9 very simple ingredients needed to make these bakery style oatmeal chocolate chip muffins.
- Kid friendly - perfect grab and go healthy snack for the kids.
- Budget Friendly - costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - When you pop these into the oven your house will smell like your favorite hometown bakery.
Ingredients Needed and Substitutions:
- Almond Butter - I used Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter which is vegan and gluten free for these eggless banana oatmeal muffins. If you can't find this brand you can use any quality almond butter.
- If you want to change it up a little you can swap the almond butter for Justin's Peanut Butter and make a batch of peanut butter oatmeal banana muffins.
- Quick Oats - For these vegan almond butter muffins I used 1 minute quick oats any brand will do. If you are on a gluten free diet try using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Oats. A super easy swap can make a delicious gluten free almond butter oatmeal muffin.
- Chocolate Chips - if you want to make a low carb/keto diabetic friendly oatmeal muffin use Lily's Stevia sweetened chocolate chips instead of traditional baking chocolate chips.
- You can swap the chocolate chips for nuts and berries. I love blackberry oatmeal muffins - just grab a cup of fresh blackberries or blueberries and add to the batter..so delish!
How to make this Recipe:
1: Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F.
2: Peel your banana and place it in a large bowl - use a fork to mash the banana removing as many lumps as possible.
3: Add the Almond Butter, maple syrup, almond milk to the mashed banana and combine.
4: In a separate bowl combine your quick oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; use a spatula to fold the ingredients together - sprinkle in your chocolate chips. Now mix your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients gently together to form a thick batter.
5: Spray your muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and fill your muffin cups with your oatmeal muffin batter.
6: Bake your oatmeal cups for 25 minutes at 350 Degrees F. When done cooking remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- No Slip Mixing: If you like to keep one hand free for adding ingredients to your bowl when using a whisk or mixer, you can keep your bowl from sliding around by placing it on a rubber shelf liner or silicone baking sheet liner. The mixing bowl sticks to the liner and stays stable.
- Stable Scooping - Angling a mixing bowl can make it much easier to dig in while scooping out cookie dough. To stabilize your bowl at the perfect angle while keeping your hands free for scooping, place the mixing bowl in a pot lined with a dish towel. The now-secure bowl can be tilted in any direction.
- Mess-Free Pan Spray - If you have ever encountered that oily film on your countertop that resulted from using an aerosol oil spray then you need to try this. Open the door of your dishwasher, lay the item to be greased right on the door, and spray away. Any excess spray will be cleaned off the door the next time you run the dishwasher.
- Getting a Grip on Muffin Tins - Miniature muffin tins are usually fitted with a rim. that is too tiny to grasp with bulky oven mitts. To avoid this struggle, leave one corner empty when you fill you tin. Now you have a place to insert your thumb, allowing you to remove the tin without getting burned or squishing any of the muffins.
Check out my latest videos here:
A medium sized banana is zero points on the Weight Watchers program making it perfect for snacks and healthy recipes.
Both almond butter and peanut butter have similar nutritional value. Almond Butter is a bit healthier than peanut butter because it has more vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Both nut butters are roughly equal in calories and sugar, but peanut butter has a little more protein than almond butter.
You can use the two nut butters interchangeably in most recipes. ... Peanut butter has a much bolder taste which means it would make it more noticeable than almond butter which has a milder taste.
Muffins can be frozen. Make sure they are cooled completely before wrapping and freezing. To freeze, wrap securely in foil or freezer wrap, or place in freezer bags. Label all packages with the name of the recipe and the date. Frozen muffins can be stored for at least 3 months. To reheat frozen muffins place muffin in microwave for 20-30 seconds or in oven (or toaster oven) for 5-10 minutes at 350°F.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Baked Almond Butter Oatmeal Muffin Recipe is only 6 Points on my app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarted the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
Make sure you grab a copy of my FREE Easy Keto Desserts here...Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.