This easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is only 3 smart points for one muffin. Everyone will love these healthy Weight Watchers banana chocolate chip mini muffins.
They are sweetened naturally with banana and can be prepped in under 30 minutes.
By using an overripe banana as an ingredient it allows this recipe to use much less sugar and makes them super moist and delicious.
Oats add fiber and texture and the chocolate chips will satisfy your chocolate craving and make them instant crowd pleasers.
Why make this Weight Watchers Banana Muffins Recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this quick and easy delicious recipe!
Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 3 Smart Points for one mini WW banana chocolate chip muffin.
A super low calorie breakfast dessert - that is not easy to find!
So easy to make - Requires only a handful of simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Kid Friendly - Because these are healthy mini banana chocolate chip muffins kids will love them. Perfect bite size snack for the kiddies!
Budget Friendly - costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
Aroma - Your house will smell amazing when these simple easy bake banana chocolate chip muffins are baking in the oven.
- If you want to make these moist banana chocolate chip muffins without yogurt you can swap the yogurt with Sour Cream, Buttermilk or Cottage Cheese.
- If you don't have quick oats on hand you can use regular rolled oats to prepare your healthy oatmeal banana chocolate chip muffin recipe.
- For a healthier banana chocolate chip mini muffin you can swap the brown sugar with honey, maple syrup or agave nectar.
- This batter can easily be made into a homemade banana bread. Just double the ingredients and place half the batter in a separate bowl. When you are done with your muffin mix take the other half of your batter and pour into a loaf pan with some raisins and bake at the same time.
How to make this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Spray a 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan with Non Stick Spray.
2. Whisk together Yogurt, Milk and Egg in a large bowl. Add the Oats, Brown Sugar, Mashed Banana and Vanilla Extract and continue whisking together; Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Now whisk together the All Purpose Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt in a Medium Bowl. Add Flour mixture and all but 1 Tablespoon of the Chocolate Chips to the Yogurt mixture, stirring until moistened.
4. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared Muffin Cups; then sprinkle evenly with the remaining Chocolate Chips.
5. Bake until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into the center of the Muffin comes out clean, should be about 15-17 minutes until baked to perfection.
6. When the Muffins are done cooking remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
7. Once the Muffins are cool run a butter knife around the inside of the cups to loosen the Muffins from the pan.
8. Remove the Muffins from the pan and cool completely on your wire rack. Now it's time to enjoy this healthy banana chocolate chip muffin recipe!
9. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Check out my latest video's:
- No Slip Mixing: If you like to keep one hand free for adding ingredients to your bowl when using a whisk or mixer, you can keep your bowl from sliding around by placing it on a rubber shelf liner or silicone baking sheet liner. The mixing bowl sticks to the liner and stays stable.
- Stable Scooping - Angling a mixing bowl can make it much easier to dig in while scooping out cookie dough. To stabilize your bowl at the perfect angle while keeping your hands free for scooping, place the mixing bowl in a pot lined with a dish towel. The now-secure bowl can be tilted in any direction.
- Mess-Free Pan Spray - If you have ever encountered that oily film on your countertop that resulted from using an aerosol oil spray then you need to try this. Open the door of your dishwasher, lay the item to be greased right on the door, and spray away. Any excess spray will be cleaned off the door the next time you run the dishwasher.
- Getting a Grip on Muffin Tins - Miniature muffin tins are usually fitted with a rim. that is too tiny to grasp with bulky oven mitts. To avoid this struggle, leave one corner empty when you fill you tin. Now you have a place to insert your thumb, allowing you to remove the tin without getting burned or squishing any of the muffins.
These moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins have only 73 Calories per Muffin. They are the perfect grab and go snack when you are craving something sweet.
Substituting plain yogurt for part of the milk in your recipe and including sweeteners like brown sugar and honey will help hold the moisture in your homemade muffins.
Oh yes they are! Unlike those convenience store muffins loaded with Butter, Sugar and Vegetable Oils this easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipes uses much healthier ingredients like Low Fat Yogurt and Bananas.
Can I use Sugar Free Chocolate Chips to Make this WW Muffin Recipe Low Carb?
They are Stevia Sweetened and have No Added Sugar, Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly 32% Cocoa, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO.
What can I use in place of Chocolate Chips for this Weight Watcher Muffin Recipe?
If you are staying away from Chocolate or just don't like it try using Raisins for extra sweetness and some walnuts for extra crunch.
If you want another super healthy breakfast idea check out my fan favorite overnight oats recipe.
How can I turn these Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins into Double Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Are you are Chocolate Lover? No worries just add in ⅓ cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder to the recipe and now you have a Chocolate Chocolate Chip Mini Muffin Yum!😍
Can I make this Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe Gluten Free?
You sure can, just swap the All Purpose Flour and Whole Wheat Flour with a Gluten Free Flour. The 3 Best Gluten Free Flours for baking are:
King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe is only 3 Smart Points for one muffin. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
I go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan and when I plateau I do my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again…… If you want to see the new WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here…
What can I do with Leftover Batter?
You may find that you have some extra Muffin Batter after you fill your 24 muffin cups but don't throw it away! This Weight Watcher Muffin Batter makes the most amazing Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Just take out a baking pan and line with foil or parchment paper and take a dollop of the batter - the same amount you would use for the mini muffin only flatten it into the shape of a cookie and bake at the same temperature as the muffins for about 12-14 minutes.
You get a moist cake like cookie for the same calories...so if you like cookies better than muffins you have to try this.
Hey, Before you go make sure you Grab a FREE Copy of my Easy Keto Dessert Cookbook!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.