These 3 Point WW Muffins are sweetened naturally with banana. By using banana as an ingredient it allows this recipe to use much less sugar and makes them super moist and delicious.
- 5 Spritzes of Cooking Spray
- 2/3 Cup of Plain Low Fat Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup of Low Fat Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Uncooked Quick Oats
- 1/3 Cup of Dark or Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Ripe Banana Smashed
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Table Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Spray a 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan with Non Stick Spray.
- Whisk together Yogurt, Milk and Egg in a large bowl. Add the Oats, Brown Sugar, Banana and Vanilla Extract and continue whisking together; Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Now whisk together the All Purpose Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt in a Medium Bowl. Add Flour mixture and all but 1 Tablespoon of the Chocolate Chips to the Yogurt mixture, stirring until moistened.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared Muffin Cups; then sprinkle evenly with the remaining Chocolate Chips.
- Bake until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into the center of the Muffin comes out clean, should be about 15-17 minutes until baked to perfection.
- When the Muffins are done cooking remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Once the Muffins are cool run a butter knife around the inside of the cups to loosen the Muffins from the pan.
- Remove the Muffins from the pan and cool completely on your wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 83.4 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 8.5 mg