Starting your day off right is easy when you can get a jumpstart on a healthy breakfast the night before.
Overnight oats with frozen fruit and chia seeds is a delicious treat. You only need 10 minutes of prep time for this easy overnight oats recipe.
When it comes to a quick satisfying breakfast, it is hard to beat overnight oats with quick oats or steel cut oats. Almond Milk, Greek Yogurt and Chia Seeds join forces with the oat berry mixture for a rich nutty flavor that you will love.
I suggest topping it with frozen blueberries and sliced frozen strawberries, but you can use just about any kind of frozen or fresh fruit if you have it on hand. You can't go wrong with berries for breakfast!
The cinnamon and sliced almonds add a toasty spice and crunch to this pudding like DIY overnight oats recipe.
If you love healthy breakfast ideas that taste delicious make sure you check out my 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins, Sweet Potato Fritters, 2 Ingredient Chocolate Pancakes, Apple Muffins and my most popular Keto Zucchini Bread.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this super easy and healthy overnight oats recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 4 Smart Points for this easy overnight oats with yogurt per serving.
- A tasty low calorie breakfast - it's not easy to find a grab and go breakfast!
- So easy to make - You can whip up this overnight oats with fruit in less than 10 minutes.
- Kid Friendly - If you want to add some fun to this basic overnight oats recipe to get the kids involved try topping your yogurt oats and berries with a fun cereal like Capt Crunch or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- No Bake Recipe - No cooking necessary for this double berry overnight oats recipe.
Check out my latest videos:
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- 1 Minute Quick Oats - you can make overnight oats using quick oats, instant oats and steel cut oats. If you are wondering which style overnight oats is best for weight loss, steel cut oats are particularly rich in resistant starch and fiber, both of which may support weight-loss.
- Sometimes in lieu of the traditional overnight oats recipe I like to use half quick oats and half Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats for some extra fiber.
- If you do use steel cut oats in your basic overnight oats recipe make sure you have time for a true make ahead overnight oats recipe as it will need to soak in the fridge for 8-10 hours for the best creaminess.
- Plain Greek Yogurt - I like to use Plain Greek Yogurt and use spices like Cinnamon and fresh frozen fruit to make my double berry overnight oats. If you don't have fresh or frozen fruit on hand feel free to use a flavored Greek Yogurt like blueberry or strawberry for some yogurt flavored berry oats.
- Chia Seeds - You can swap Chia Seeds for Bob's Red Mill Ground Flaxseed Meal or better yet use both. Flax seeds in overnight oats are really good. If you like that earthy, nutty flavor you can even try adding in some crushed walnuts, sunflower seeds or even pumpkin seeds.
- Make this Gluten Free - You can easily turn this into a gluten free overnight oats recipe by using gluten free products like Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
How to make this recipe:
1: Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or large glass. I like to do it in layers. First layer - ⅓ cup of quick oats. Next layer - ⅓ cup of Chia Seeds. Next layer - ⅓ cup of Vanilla Almond Milk. Next layer - ⅓ Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt. Next layer - 2 packets of Stevia or about one teaspoon. Next, a dash of Cinnamon. Final layer - ¾ cup of berries. I used strawberries and blueberries but feel free to use your favorite fresh or frozen berry.
2: Cover your mason jar with the lid and refrigerate overnight. If you are using a glass just cover with a piece of Saran Wrap.
3: After 8 hours remove from the refrigerator give it a stir, garnish with some sliced almonds if you like and it is ready to eat. Enjoy!!
- If you don't have fresh fruit you can use frozen store bought fruit, it is just as tasty!
- Sliced Almonds, crushed walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are a great topping for some extra crunch on your easy overnight oats with yogurt recipe.
- Flavored extracts like apple, peach and pear are great to add to a basic overnight oats recipe if you don't have a lot of spices.
- For a protein boost try adding a scoop of the WW Vanilla Protein Booster.
- Make sure you rinse out your mason jar with some hot water when you are finished eating to prevent it sticking to your jar and making clean up easy.
No yogurt is not mandatory for an overnight oats recipe. You can just use unsweetened plain almond milk or a vanilla or chocolate flavored almond milk. Your overnight oats will be just as creamy and delicious if you do not add yogurt.
A pint size mason jar is a perfect size for making overnight oats. Just make sure you have one with a lid for sealing.
Homemade overnight oats over all are helpful for all those who are looking to lose some extra weight. Overnight soaked oats are extremely high in fiber content, which keeps your stomach feeling full for an extended period of time. It even helps in keeping things moving in your digestive tract.
Overnight oats are a great source of many nutrients. One prepared cup (240 ml) of the basic recipe made with Vanilla Almond milk, berries and greek yogurt is about 276 calories.
Overnight oats are meant to be eaten cold, however, if it is a chilly morning and you prefer eating something warm try putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Just make sure you are using a microwave safe dish.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit and Chia Seeds Recipe is only 4 Smart Points on my app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarted the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Make sure you grab a FREE copy of My Easy Keto Desserts Here...Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.