Leave your frying pan in the cabinet! An air fryer will cook your French toast to perfection. This easy Air Fryer French toast crunch can be made in only 6 minutes.
Add some fresh fruit and you will feel like you're having breakfast and dessert at the same time!
If you thought French toast was too many calories and not a healthy breakfast you were wrong. This air fryer French toast crunch recipe is low calorie and low carb. Oh and after one bite you will be hooked!! It is like to most delectable low calorie air fryer dessert breakfast.
Make it with 647 Bread, egg whites and corn flakes or use your favorite cereal. I used both a basic store brand corn flakes cereal and KIND Cereal Dark Chocolate Almond.
I liked using the Schmidt 647 bread as the slices are really big and they are only 40 calories per slice. Oh, and only 1 point on Weight Watchers per slice.
Both versions were crispy and delicious. Add in handful of other simple ingredients. Try vanilla extract and cinnamon and in under 10 minutes you will have the best old fashioned Air Fryer French toast.
If you love healthy breakfast ideas that taste fabulous make sure you check out my 3 Ingredient Muffins, Sweet Potato Fritters, Chocolate Pancakes, Apple Muffins and my most popular Keto Zucchini Bread recipe.
Why make this recipe?
You do not want to miss out on this scrumptious recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 2 smart points per slice - a super easy Weight Watcher air fryer recipe to prepare.
- A tasty low calorie breakfast dessert - that is not easy to find!
- So easy to make - requires only 3 ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make
- Kid friendly - use your favorite cereal and create different flavors like Capt Crunch French toast or Cinnamon Toast French toast your kids will love to help make this recipe.
- Budget friendly - costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Tastes just like Joanna Gaines Crunch French Toast without the guilt and much less time to prepare.
French toast crunch ingredients and substitutions:
- 647 Bread - If you are looking for a healthy low calorie, low carb bread that is only 1 point on WW than I do recommend the 647 Bread which they sell at Walmart. If you cannot find this bread easily you can also use Arnolds Potato Bread which is 3 points a slice.
- Cereal - You can use a generic Corn Flakes cereal for the crunch. Corn Flakes are 3 points for 1 cup on Weight Watchers which would be good for 2 slices of French toast. The KIND Dark Chocolate Almond was fabulous as a low carb crunch option.
- Vanilla Extract - Adding a teaspoon to the egg whites before dunking your bread takes the flavor to the next level.
- Substitute Flavors - If you want to keep the kids happy swap the Corn Flakes for Capt Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Apple Jacks.
- Make this Vegan Friendly - Swap the egg whites for 1 cup of soy milk, ¼ cup of corn starch, 1 tsp of ground flax seeds, ½ teaspoon of baking powder as your dipping batter.
How to make this recipe:
2: Pour 2 cups of cereal into a large bowl - if you like a finer crunch you can place the cereal in a ziplock back first and smash it to make a smaller finer crunch. I left mine just how it came out of the box.
3: Pour 2 cups of egg whites into a large bowl with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
4: Once your air fryer is pre heated you must place a sheet of parchment paper in the air fryer, you will have to cut it to size which you will use to place your French toast on for air frying.
5: Dip each slice of your bread in the egg white and vanilla extract mixture, then dip each side of the same slice in your cereal. Make sure to fully coat each side.
6: Place coated bread slice in the air fryer basket on top of the parchment paper and air fry for 3 minutes and then gently flip with a spatula and air fry for an additional 3 minutes.
7: Ready to serve!! Try slicing into crunchy French toast sticks.
- Use stale bread slices. Stale bread won't turn soggy when dipping into egg mixture.
- To help prevent foods from sticking in your air fryer, lightly coat the ingredients with some cooking spray, or a misting oil before cooking.
- Bananas, walnuts and maple syrup are a great topping for crunch French toast, adding potassium, protein and vitamins
- Don't just use vanilla extract in your egg batter - try using different flavored extracts like blueberry, apple, peach or pear to really level up your French toast.
See My Latest Video:
This air fried French toast is super healthy as it is made with low calorie, low carb 647 bread and egg whites for the dipping batter.
I consider this the healthy copycat version of Joanna Gaines French Toast Crunch recipe which is 1,434 calories per serving and these delish Air Fryer French toast slices are only 179 calories.
That's quite a difference and these air fried French Toast sticks can be gluten free by choosing a healthy cereal.
Traditional diner French Toast can be over 300 calories per slice and rarely do you only eat one slice.
Then add some syrup at 52 calories per teaspoon and you are looking at an 800 calorie breakfast, so the answer is yes eating restaurant French Toast on a regular basis can cause weight gain.
That's why I recommend homemade low carb Air Fryer French Toast. At only 179 calories per slice with a sugar free syrup at only 15 calories per serving and some fresh fruit you can actually lose weight eating French Toast every day..imagine that!
I highly recommend the Ninja Foodi AG301 5-in-1 Indoor Electric Countertop Grill with 4 Quart Air Fryer.
This air fryer cooks fast and everything comes out with the perfect crispy crunch and it also grills chicken and steak to perfection.
If you want the best Ninja Foodi breakfast French Toast then put this on your list of gadgets to add to your kitchen.
You make Air Fryer French Toast the same way you would make griddle French Toast. Dip your bread in the batter and instead of placing it in a pan with oil or a griddle place your battered bread on a piece of parchment paper inside your air fryer basket. Then air fry for 3 minutes on each side and remove and serve.
If you want to make homemade air fried French Toast sticks I recommend using a full slice of bread dipped in your egg batter.
Then place on a sheet of parchment paper placed in your air fryer basket and air fry for 3 minutes then flip your slice of bread an air fry for an additional 3 minutes.
Remove your air fried French Toast and place on a cutting board and use a curved chopper to slice into Savory Air Fryer French Toast sticks.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Low Carb Keto French Toast Crunch Recipe is only 2 Smart Points for one slice. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
I go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan and when I plateau I do my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again…… If you want to see new WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here…
Related recipes you will love!
Make sure you grab a copy of my FREE Easy Keto Desserts Here...
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.