Leave your frying pan in the cabinet! An air fryer will cook your French toast to perfection. This easy Air Fryer French toast crunch can be made in only 6 minutes. Add some fresh fruit and you will feel like you're having breakfast and dessert at the same time!
- 6 slices of 647 Bread
- 2 cups of liquid egg whites
- 2 cups of Corn Flakes or your cereal of choice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract - or your flavor of choice
- Prep: Pre heat your Air Fryer to 360 Degree F - I used the Ninja which has an auto pre heat.
- Mix: Pour 2 cups of cereal into a large bowl - if you like a finer crunch you can place the cereal in a ziplock back first and smash it to make a smaller finer crunch. I left mine just how it came out of the box.
- Mix: Pour 2 cups of egg whites into a large bowl with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Assemble: Once your air fryer is pre heated you must place a sheet of parchment paper in the air fryer, you will have to cut it to size which you will use to place your French toast on for air frying.
- Assemble: Dip each slice of your bread in the egg white and vanilla extract mixture, then dip each side of the same slice in your cereal. Make sure to fully coat each side.
- Bake: Place coated bread slice in the air fryer basket on top of the parchment paper and air fry for 3 minutes and then gently flip with a spatula and air fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Eat: Ready to serve!! Try slicing into crunchy French toast sticks.
- 647 Bread - If you are looking for a healthy low calorie, low carb bread that is only 1 point on WW than I do recommend the 647 Bread which they sell at Walmart. If you cannot find this bread easily you can also use Arnolds Potato Bread which is 3 points a slice.
- Cereal - You can use a generic Corn Flakes cereal for the crunch. Corn Flakes are 3 points for 1 cup on Weight Watchers which would be good for 2 slices of French toast. The KIND Dark Chocolate Almond was fabulous as a low carb crunch option.
- Vanilla Extract - Adding a teaspoon to the egg whites before dunking your bread takes the flavor to the next level.
- Substitute Flavors - If you want to keep the kids happy swap the Corn Flakes for Capt Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Apple Jacks.
- Make this Vegan Friendly - Swap the egg whites for 1 cup of soy milk, 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1 tsp of ground flax seeds, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder as your dipping batter.
- Use stale bread slices. Stale bread won't turn soggy when dipping into egg mixture.
- To help prevent foods from sticking in your air fryer, lightly coat the ingredients with some cooking spray, or a misting oil before cooking.
- Bananas, walnuts and maple syrup are a great topping for crunch French toast, adding potassium, protein and vitamins
- Don't just use vanilla extract in your egg batter - try using different flavored extracts like blueberry, apple, peach or pear to really level up your French toast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 321.7 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1 g
- Protein: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer French Toast