Do you love the smell of homemade fresh bread baking in the oven? This Easy Eggless Artisan Italian Bread Recipe uses only 6 ingredients and tastes amazing.
In as little as 30 minutes you will have the easiest recipe for homemade vegan Italian bread on the table and ready to eat.
Have you been finding all the bread shelves empty in the Supermarket lately? Bread seems to be a hot commodity lately especially here in New York since the Coronavirus hit.
Since I love bread so much I decided to search my cupboards for the 6 simple ingredients needed to make the best Homemade Weight Watchers Bread recipe.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this easy eggless Artisan Italian Bread recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly -This tasty vegan Italian bread recipe is 5 points on my WW plan for one crispy slice. Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to determine your exact points.
- Mouth watering low calorie bread - Only 152 calories for a healthy slice.
- Easy to make - You only need 6 simple ingredients for this homemade healthy bread recipe without eggs.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - Your house will smell amazing when this vegan dough is baking in the bread machine.
What Ingredients do you need for an Easy Homemade Italian Bread Recipe?
For this Weight Watcher friendly eggless Artisan Italian Bread Recipe you will need:
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- 1 Cup of Warm Water
- ¼ Cup of White Sugar
- 2 -½ Teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups of Flour if you want to make a whole wheat Italian bread you can use whole wheat flour.
- Extra Flavor Tip #1 - For added flavor you can add in sone roasted garlic to your dough for a roasted garlic artisan bread.
- Extra Flavor Tip #2 - Add in a couple of teaspoon's of Cocoa Powder to your dough for a chocolate artisan bread.
- Extra Flavor Tip #3 - Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon for an eggless cinnamon bread.
What kitchen tools do I need to make Homemade Bread?
For this easy bread recipe I used a Bread Making Machine to prepare the dough. I did not use the bread machine to bake the bread as my machine has a small bread pan and I wanted to make a larger loaf.
Preparation Instructions for Homemade Bread Made with a Bread Machine:
- Add all ingredients into your mixing bowl in the following order:
- In a Small Separate Bowl Add the Warm Water, dissolve the Sugar within then add and mix in the Yeast, till it becomes creamy.
- Add the Vegetable Oil, Flour, and Salt into the Mixing Bowl. Make a well in the top of the Dry Mixture and pour the Water, Sugar, Yeast Mixture into the well.
- Place the Mixing Bowl pan into the bread machine, close the lid and set your Machine to Knead Dough. Machines are different some have a Basic White Bread setting that can be used to knead dough. I used this setting to prep and Knead my dough.
Dense or heavy bread can be caused by not kneading the dough properly. Some of the other possible reasons could be mixing the yeast & salt together.
If you want a lighter fluffier bread loaf just add in 2 tablespoons of dry milk to the flour.
Adding oil to your bread dough will improve the crumb structure and make a softer moister loaf. The oil in the dough prevents water from evaporating during baking. As the water is retained, it keeps the baked bread moist and tenderized.
If dough is left to rise for too long it will effect the taste and appearance of the bread. Excess fermentation occurring in either the first or second rise can lead to a sour, unpleasant taste if the dough gets left for a long time. Over-proofed loaves have a gummy or dense texture.
Do I have to use a Bread Machine to make this Bread Recipe?
NO! You do not need a bread machine to make this easy homemade bread recipe. You can do what I have done for years and Knead my dough by hand. This is fun and an excellent activity you can do with your children.
Can I make Italian Bread with this Recipe?
You sure can, use the same dough and just roll it into the shape of a loaf and sprinkle with different types of seeds like Sesame or Poppy. Or if you have the Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend that works great as well.
Check out my latest videos here....
How do I make Dough by Hand?
1: In a large bowl dissolve the sugar in the warm water and then stir in the yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam - about 5 minutes.
2: Mix salt and vegetable oil in the yeast.
3: Mix in the flour one cup at a time.
4: Knead dough for 7 minutes with your hands. Place your dough in a well oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat with the oil. Cover with a damp cloth - Allow to rise for at least 1 hour - your dough ball should double in size.
5: When dough has risen remove from bowl and knead for one minute then you can shape it into a loaf or Italian bread to prepare for baking.
How long do I Bake my Homemade Bread?
Bake at 350 Degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Is Homemade Bread better than Store Bought Bread?
Homemade Bread is healthier than store bought bread because you control the ingredients. Plus there are No preservatives or added artificial ingredients. You control what you put into your bread, I only add the best and freshest ingredients.
People that eat home-cooked food on a regular basis are happier and healthier and consume less sugar and processed foods which result in higher energy levels and better physical and mental health.
Don't Forget The Aroma Therapy
As an Added bonus fresh baked Bread provides some of the best Aroma Therapy.
The smell is warm and enveloping and will instantly take you to your favorite bakery on a Sunday morning, watching them take out pans of warm bread lining the baking racks and shelves.
But wait, here is another bonus, science has determined that being creative in the kitchen can add to happiness and satisfaction to your busy life.
Baking is a known common cure for stress or feeling down. If you are home schooling right now or are practicing social isolation with children, add this activity to your curriculum. So let’s get baking!
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Eggless Artisan Italian Bread Recipe is only 5 Points on my app for one slice. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarted the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
More recipes you will love!
Make sure you grab a FREE copy of the 100 Delicious Low Carb Food Swaps Here...Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.