Do you love French Fries but feel guilty every time you indulge? You have to try these Air Fryer Shoestring Fries! You only need 2 ingredients and 15 minutes for the perfect healthy french fry.
With this Healthy Air Fried French Fries Recipe you don't have to feel guilty anymore. Add some fresh chives and parmesan for the perfect savory snack!
Homemade French Fries vs. Air Fried French Fries
The average serving of french fries has about 16 grams of fat and 340 calories. The Air fried version has about 2.5 grams of fat and 100 calories per serving. So there is no question which is better for you.
With One Potato some Spray Olive Oil and an Air Fryer you are ready to have Delicious and Crispy French Fries in 15 minutes.
If you love easy air fryer recipes make sure you check out my Air Fryer Beignets, Air Fryer Hushpuppies, Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls, Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks or the ever popular Sweet Potato Fritters.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this WW friendly homemade French fry recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - One Idaho Potato is 0 points on my WW Plan and Avocado Oil is 1 point per teaspoon. Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW App to get your exact points.
- Mouth watering low calorie snack - Only 144 calories for one entire basket of air fried shoestring French fries. Turn this into an under 400 calorie meal by adding some pulled BBQ chicken or Turkey Chili with a splash of cheddar cheese over the top and make an Air Fryer Cajun fries with cheese melt.
- Easy to make - You only need 2 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make this simple homemade Air Fryer French fries recipe from scratch.
- Kid Friendly - Kids love these extra crispy Air Fryer French fries. Perfect for dipping!
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- For this Recipe I used One Idaho Potato. You can also use a sweet potato if you want to make air fryer sweet potato fries or dice up zucchini and carrots and make air fryer veggie fries - same recipe for all.
- Spray Olive Oil or Avocado Oil to spritz on your potatoes before air frying.
Check out my latest videos here...
Step 1 - Peel the Potato and then slice it into thin strips like your typical French Fry.
Step 2 - Give your Air Fryer Basket a Spritz of Olive Oil then toss in the sliced potatoes. Give another quick spritz of the Olive Oil to the Potatoes in the Basket and shake them around.
Step 3 - Set your Air Fry temp to 360 Degrees and turn on for 15 Minutes - you may want to give them another shake in the Basket and cook for an additional 5-10 Minutes depending on how Crispy you like them.
Step 4 - Remove from Basket and add your Seasoning of Choice and Serve
A perfect healthy side dish or snack or even a meal!
Yes,French Fries are much healthier cooked in an air fryer. An air fryer uses a continuous circulation of hot air to fry the food. It needs little to zero oil to get the same texture and taste. Therefore you have a significantly lower amount of fat and calories by using an air fryer.
Absolutely cooking in an air fryer is beneficial for weight loss. Using an air fryer helps cut calories by 70% to 80% and has a lot less fat. This cooking method may also cut down on some of the other harmful effects of oil frying.
Yes, you can use aluminum foil in an air fryer, as long as you use it safely, and avoid covering the entire air fryer basket. Be sure to use only a small amount to cover the bottom of your basket, or wrap your food with it. You don't want to impede the air circulation.
You can use parchment paper in an air fryer..but because of the air circulation it must be weighed down with whatever you are cooking or it can blow around and touch the heating element which could cause it to catch fire. So if you do choose to use a piece of parchment paper do not leave your air fryer unattended. Aluminum foil would be a safer choice.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Easy Air Fried Shoestring Fries Recipe is 1 Point on my WW app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarted the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it I am giving instant digital access to it today for only $1.00 just click HERE!
You can get the paperback version on Amazon here if you prefer a hardcopy.
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
More recipes you will love!
Make sure you grab a FREE copy of my 70 Seriously Good Salad Recipes Here...Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Just hit Subscribe HERE❤️