If you're looking for a guilt free indulgent dessert, look no further. This gooey masterpiece combines sugar with cinnamon and a pinch of chocolate.
These easy Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls bake up in less than 10 minutes. Drizzle them with the low calorie glaze and serve them warm.
If you thought cooking cinnamon buns in an air fryer was not possible you were wrong. In less than 10 minutes of cook time you will be serving the most mouth watering soft and chewy air fryer cinnamon rolls.
Made with homemade 2 Ingredient dough, these Weight Watcher Cinnamon Rolls do not disappoint.
Why you'll love this recipe..
You don't want to miss out on this super easy and delicious recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 5 Smart Points.
- Mouth-watering low calorie dessert - which is not easy to find!
- Easy to make - requires only 7 ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make.
- Kid Friendly - since these are 2 ingredient dough cinnamon rolls the kids will love helping you mix and roll out the simple dough and then add in the spices.
- Budget Friendly - costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - your house will smell amazing when these easy cinnamon roll bites start baking in the air fryer.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Self Rising Flour - to keep this recipe super easy I make the Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough which does require using the self rising flour, you cannot substitute with another flour.
- Plain Greek Yogurt - for this recipe I used siggi's Plain Greek Yogurt but you can use any brand of Plain Greek Yogurt.
- Cinnamon and Sugar Spice Mix - using the pre made Cinnamon & Sugar mix was super easy but you can swap that for a healthier sugar like coconut sugar or even Stevia.
- Dark Chocolate Chips - I love chocolate and can't help myself from adding a dash of chocolate in my desserts, but you can add crushed Oreo for an Oreo stuffed air fryer cinnamon roll. Raisins are also fun to add in for extra sweetness as well.
How to make this recipe:
1: For this recipe I used the Ninja Foodie Air Fryer but you can use any Air Fryer or the oven if you don't have an Air Fryer yet. Preheat your air fryer at 350 Degrees F or your oven at the same temperature.
2: While your air fryer is pre heating you are going to make your dough. Combine your 2 cups of self-rising flour with 2 tablespoons of powdered confectioners sugar in a large bowl.
3: In a separate bowl whisk together 1 ½ cups of Plain Greek Yogurt with 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 1 egg.
4: Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture; stir well with a wooden spoon until combined well and then keep mixing dough in the bowl with your hands until smooth.
5: Place a large sheet of parchment paper on a table or counter top and sprinkle with a little flour. Place your dough ball on the parchment paper, and roll into a 12x9 inch rectangle.
6: Sprinkle your 12x9 sheet of dough with cinnamon and sugar mix and dark chocolate chips.
7: Now roll up your dough tightly to form a 12 inch long roll. Cut roll into 12 one inch slices.
8: Place a sheet of parchment paper in your air fryer and place 2 to 4 cinnamons rolls on the parchment paper in the air fryer.
You can give them a spritz of olive oil and then bake for 4 minutes and then flip and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
9: Remove from air fryer when done baking and add in another 4 and repeat until all rolls are cooked.
10: Make your icing - combine ½ cup of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt and a ¼ teaspoon of Vanilla extract stirring until smooth.
Drizzle over warm cinnamon buns. Add some colored sprinkles for fun and serve.
- If you notice your buns are not browning or becoming crispy, you may not have added enough oil. Try adding an additional spritz of olive oil.
- The best oils to use in an air fryer are extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, avocado oil or grape seed oil. I normally use olive oil in an EVO oil sprayer bottle that is aerosol free.
- Make sure not to over crowd your air fryer basket, if 4 rolls are crowding only bake 2 at a time - you need to leave room for the air to circulate.
- Open the air fryer while cooking to monitor doneness. I open my air fryer several times during the cooking process to ensure the food does not over-cook.
- Closely monitoring your food allows you to have more control over the end results. When you close the air fryer, it will resume cooking and the time will pick up where it left off.
Your Air Fryer should be set at 350 Degrees F to bake cinnamon rolls in the air fryer. Always pre heat before baking.
You can make cinnamons rolls in an air fryer by baking for 8 minutes. Bake for 4 minutes and then flip your cinnamons rolls over and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
Yes you can use PAM spray or your own EVO sprayer with an oil of your choice like avocado or grape seed oil.
Add the icing when the cinnamon rolls are fresh out of the oven. The icing melts much easier on a warm cinnamon bun.
Yes, homemade air fried cinnamon buns are only 170 calories and 3.2 grams of fat. A store bought Cinnabon cinnamon roll has about 880 calories and 36 grams of fat. So there is no question that a home made air fryer dessert is a healthier choice.
See my latest video:
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Recipe from scratch is only 5 Smart Points for one air fried cinnamon roll. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
I go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan and when I plateau I do my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again…… If you want to see the new WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here…
Related recipes you will love !
Make sure you grab a copy of my FREE Easy Keto Desserts Here....Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 day meal plan to jumpstart your weight loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week. Under $15.00..