If you're looking for a guilt free indulgent dessert, look no further. This gooey masterpiece combines sugar with cinnamon and a pinch of chocolate. These easy Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls bake up in less than 10 minutes. Drizzle them with the low calorie glaze and serve them warm.
- Preheat: For this recipe I used the Ninja Foodie Air Fryer but you can use any Air Fryer or the oven if you don't have an Air Fryer yet. Preheat your air fryer at 350 Degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Dough: While your air fryer is pre heating you are going to make your dough. Combine your 2 cups of self-rising flour with 2 tablespoons of powdered confectioners sugar in a large bowl.
- Dough: In a separate bowl whisk together 1 1/2 cups of Plain Greek Yogurt with 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 1 egg.
- Blend: Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture; stir well with a wooden spoon until combined well and then keep mixing dough in the bowl with your hands until smooth.
- Assemble: Place a large sheet of parchment paper on a table or counter top and sprinkle with a little flour. Place your dough ball on the parchment paper, and roll into a 12x9 inch rectangle.
- Toppings: Sprinkle your 12x9 sheet of dough with cinnamon and sugar and dark chocolate chips.
- Assemble: Now roll up your dough tightly to form a 12 inch long roll. Cut roll into 12 one inch slices.
- Bake: Place a sheet of parchment paper in your air fryer and place 2 to 4 cinnamons rolls on the parchment paper in the air fryer. You can give them a spritz of olive oil and then bake for 4 minutes and then flip and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
- Complete: Remove from air fryer when done baking and add in another 4 and repeat until all rolls are cooked.
- Icing: Make your icing - combine 1/2 cup of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt and a 1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla extract stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon buns. Add some colored sprinkles for fun and serve.
- If you notice your buns are not browning or becoming crispy, you may not have added enough oil. Try adding an additional spritz of olive oil.
- The best oils to use in an air fryer are extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, avocado oil or grape seed oil. I normally use olive oil in an EVO oil sprayer bottle that is aerosol free.
- Make sure not to over crowd your air fryer basket, if 4 rolls are crowding only bake 2 at a time - you need to leave room for the air to circulate.
- Open the air fryer while cooking to monitor doneness. I open my air fryer several times during the cooking process to ensure the food does not over-cook. Closely monitoring your food allows you to have more control over the end results. When you close the air fryer, it will resume cooking and the time will pick up where it left off.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cinnamon Roll
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 11.3 g
- Sodium: 20.2 mg
- Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls