When you are dieting Chocolate Cake is usually not on the menu as your typical chocolate bakery cake is heavy and loaded with a ton of sugar and fat.
This scrumptious Air Fryer Chocolate Cake is lightened up by using healthy ingredients and baking it in an air fryer. No guilt here..you can even have 2 slices LOL..
If you Love Air Fryer Desserts Make Sure you try these...❤️
Why make this recipe?
Ready for a quick and easy Chocolate fix? This tasty Air Fryer Chocolate Cake is the perfect low calorie dessert - or breakfast treat! Have a delicious air fryer dessert on the table in 30 minutes.
- Weight Watcher friendly - Only 6 Smart Points for a slice of this Weight Watchers chocolate cake recipe.
- A tasty low calorie dessert - healthy air fryer chocolate cake recipes are not easy to come by!
- So easy to prepare - Only requires 5 ingredients and 30 minutes to bake this mini air fryer chocolate cake.
- Kid friendly - grab a handful of your kids favorites candies to add to the batter. Chocolate chips for a chocolate chip chocolate cake or colored sprinkles for a funfetti chocolate cake.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - Baking homemade air fryer desserts always gets everyone in the kitchen from the sweet smells of fresh baked goodies.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Flour - if you don't have coconut flour on hand you can also use almond flour.
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- ¼ Cup of Chocolate Chips - if you don't like chocolate chips try adding in vanilla chips or butterscotch chips. Crushed walnuts and coconut flakes are also fun additions with a splash of colored sprinkles.
- 3 Large Eggs
How to make this recipe:
1: Preheat your Air Fryer to 360 Degrees F for 5 Minutes.
2: Prepare your Cake Pan by Spritzing it with Cooking Spray. If you don't have a Springform Pan in addition to the Spray you can cut 2 strips of parchment paper and form an X in the pan so that the cake will be easy to remove after the baking is completed.
4: In a Medium Microwave Safe Bowl, Heat the Butter until melted, about 25-45 seconds. Add the Chocolate Chips to the melted butter and whisk until smooth - you can put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds if they are not hot enough to melt. Let cool for 5 minutes.
5: Now whisk the eggs into the butter and chocolate mixture until well incorporated.
6: Add the dry ingredients that you had set aside with your Butter, Chocolate and Egg mixture and mix them all together until completely combined.
7: Pour the cake batter into your cake pan and cover with aluminum foil.
8: Cook for 30 Minutes.
9: Carefully remove the foil and insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean your cake is done if not put it back in the Air Fryer for another 5 minute increments and keep checking.
10: Once your cake is done cooking remove it from the Air Fryer Basket and allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
11: Once cool release the lever on the Springform pan and it should come right out. If you are using the parchment paper system just grab 2 sides of the parchment paper flaps and lift cake out.
12: Now you are ready to Ice your cake with some whipped cream, Sugar Free Jello Pudding or just Fresh Fruit.
13: If you want to really indulge you can make an easy Chocolate Glaze by melting 3 Tablespoons of Butter and ¼ Cup of Chocolate Chips - just microwave them together for 25-45 seconds, whisk and then drizzle or spread over your cake.
Check out my latest videos here:
- If you are feeling indulgent and have calories to spare you can whip up a quick chocolate glaze by taking 3 Tablespoons of Butter and ¼ Cup of Chocolate Chips and microwaving them for 25-45 seconds then mix well and drizzle over the top of you Air Fried Chocolate Cake.
- Open the air fryer while cooking to monitor doneness. I open my air fryer several times during the cooking process to ensure the food does not over cook.
- Closely monitoring you food allows you to have more control over the end results. When you close the air fryer, it will resume cooking and the time will pick up where it left off.
- Make sure you use a quality no stick cake pan. A 7 inch Springform cake pan is perfect for this recipe.
Are Air Fryer Desserts Healthy?
It really depends on the ingredients. As with any recipe if you use nutritious ingredients you can make healthier desserts.
Is this Low Calorie Air Fryer Dessert Gluten Free?
Yes it is, this Air Fryer Dessert Recipe uses Coconut Flour which is Gluten Free.
Fresh Berries and Whipped Cream
Yes you can use a cake pan in an air fryer. Since an air fryer basket is not very large you will most likely be using between a 4-8 inch non stick springform cake pan.
A moist chocolate cake is paired perfectly with a chocolate ganache filling or a vanilla pudding. Tart and tangy fruits such as orange, lemon, or raspberry can work well with chocolate also.
This Chocolate Cake prepared in the Air Fryer is prepared with all natural ingredients and preservative free so yes this Air Fryer Dessert is better for you.
Many store bought baked goods contain preservatives which have been shown to be bad for our health. Anything you can prepare yourself is always going to be healthier for you and your family as you know exactly what you are putting into it.
This Chocolate Air Fried cake has only 171 Calories per slice, so if you are a Calorie Counter this is the perfect Low Calorie Dessert.
If you follow a Low Carb/Keto Diet or just watch your carb intake you will be happy to know this Air fryer Chocolate Cake Recipe has only 9.6 grams of carbs. I like to keep my Dessert Carbs under 10 grams so this is a perfect Low Carb Dessert Recipe.
Yes you can..I do it all the time. Just make sure if you are using it on the bottom of the air fryer as a little tray for something that you do not cover the entire surface of the air fryer basket. You have to leave room for the air to circulate.
This Air Fryer Recipe requires you to cover the cake pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes which works perfect.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Low Calorie Dessert Air Fryer Recipe is only 6 Smart Points for one slice. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight. If you like this WW dessert recipe make sure you try my One Point Cinnamon Muffin Recipe.
I go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan and when I plateau I do my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again…… If you want to see new WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here…
Make sure you Grab a FREE Copy of my Easy Keto Desserts Recipe Book Here👈🏻Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.