A healthy double chocolate chip cookies recipe loaded with chocolate chips? Yes please! If you are a fan of a soft and fluffy cake like chocolate cookie, this recipe is for you.
There are plenty of chocolate chips as well as cocoa powder in these cookies for a double punch of chocolate. Baking up in only 15 minutes, low fat, low sodium and heart healthy!
Adding a dash of crushed walnuts pairs fabulously. Nuts are chocolate's long time best friend and in these chewy chocolate delights it compliments the richness giving each bite even more of an indulgent taste.
They are best enjoyed served fresh out of the oven. A simple healthy double chocolate chip recipe that everyone will love.
If you are a fan of the Subway double chocolate chip cookie then you will love this healthy style double chocolate chip cookie hack. Half the calories and double the flavor all from scratch!
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this easy low calorie double chocolate chip recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This easy low carb healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe is only 6 point per serving on my WW Plan. Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Easy to Make - These low calorie eggless cookies bake up in only 15 minutes.
- Kid Friendly - These healthy double chocolate cookie bites are so moist and fluffy with a dusting of powdered sugar the kids won't even know you are feeding them a healthy homemade cookie. Oh and the best part is you can freeze any leftover cookies for a quick after school snack by re heating in the air fryer.
- Budget Friendly - These yummy double chocolate chip cookies cost less than $20.00 to prepare and there is enough to feed the whole family.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Flour - if you want to make a gluten free double chocolate chip cookie you can use King Arthur Gluten Free Flour as a swap.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - I like Traders Joe's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Chocolate Chips - I used Ghirardelli chocolate chips for this recipe. You can swap for Lily's low carb keto friendly chips for less sugar.
How to prepare healthy double chocolate chip cookies:
1: Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.
2: Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a large bowl with a whisk.
3: Melt your butter in the microwave or on the stove top and then mix with the milk.
4: Mix the wet and dry ingredients together into a nice eggless cookie batter.
4: Drop a spoonful of the eggless double chocolate chip cookie batter on a greased baking sheet.
5: Bake for 15 minutes at 450 Degrees F in the oven. You can also bake this healthy double chocolate chip cookie dough in the air fryer at 360 Degrees for 13 minutes.
6: Remove from oven - serve and enjoy!!!
Check out the How to Make a Heart Healthy Cookie Video here...
One SUBWAY double chocolate chip cookie contains approximately 210 calories. Preparing homemade double chocolate chip cookies from scratch using healthy ingredients can cut the calories to less than 150 calories.
One SUBWAY double chocolate chip cookie contains 20 grams of sugar. Try a healthy alternative like making an eggless low calorie double chocolate chip cookie recipe which will have only 6 grams of sugar.
One SUBWAY double chocolate chip cookie has 30 grams of carbs. By making your own healthy double chocolate chip cookie recipe you can cut the carbs down to 18.9 grams per cookie.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Heart Healthy Cookie Recipe is only 6 Points on my app for one serving which is equal to 1 extra large double chocolate cookie. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan. It's super easy to follow. You can grab a copy on Amazon here.
If you are impatient like me and want the 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan now I am offering an instant digital download of the entire plan for my Blog Visitors only for $1.00 today..just click HERE. Limited time only...
More Recipes you will Love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...