Enjoy this 4 ingredient bread for breakfast, snack or dessert. Smashed up overripe bananas replace the sugar and a handful of Lily's stevia sweetened chocolate chips create the best ever chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
This homemade banana bread is so moist you won't believe there is no butter, oil or eggs in it. Bakes up in under 40 minutes or Air Fry in only 20 minutes.
Customize this recipe to your liking. Swap chocolate chips for raisins. Add another flavor profile by stirring in a half a cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
If the bananas you have on hand are not ripe enough bake them on a parchment lined baking sheet for 20 minutes at 300 degrees F in your oven.
If you love simple healthy desserts make sure you check out my Wendy's Low Calorie Frosty, Three Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins, Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Cake , 3 Point WW Muffin or my favorite Air Fryer Hushpuppies.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this super easy eggless chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This easy low carb eggless banana cake recipe is only 5 points for one slice on my WW Plan when you slice your loaf into 12 pieces. If you slice into 20 smaller pieces they become perfect little evening snack bites at only 3 points.
- Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Easy to Make - This low calorie evening snack recipe requires only 4 ingredients and 5 minute prep time.
- Kid Friendly - This healthy eggless chocolate chip banana bread is so moist and fudgey with a drizzle of butter the kids won't even know you are feeding them a nutritious snack.
- Oh and the best part is you can freeze the chocolate banana bread bites so they are always ready for a quick after school snack.
- Budget Friendly - This no egg banana bread recipe costs less than $20.00 to prepare and there is enough to feed the whole family.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - If you want to make a vegan banana bread swap with Coconut Condensed Milk.
- Self Rising Flour - For a Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread swap for Gluten Free Self Rising Flour.
- Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips - I like Lily's because they are Stevia sweetened and less calories. If you are not a fan of Stevia just use Ghirardelli's Chocolate Chips..they are tasty, just a few extra calories.
- I like a little Cinnamon flavor in my bread recipes so I use a pinch of Mccormick's Cinnamon and Sugar mixture.
How to make banana bread without eggs:
1: Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. You can also make this recipe in the air fryer which you would also preheat to 350 Degrees F. Grease your baking pan and line with parchment paper. For this recipe I used a 7x4 inch rectangular pan and also a mini baking pan for the air fryer.
2: Mash your bananas with a fork into a nice puree.
3: Grab a large bowl and mix together the smashed bananas, sweetened condensed milk, self rising flour and chocolate chips. If you want to elevate this cake recipe without eggs your can add a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of cinnamon and sugar as well.
4: Pour your batter into your baking pan about ¾ full and place in the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes. If you are air frying it bakes much quicker and will only take about 20 minutes.
5: Remove from oven - cool and slice..Enjoy!!!
Watch the How to Make Eggless Banana Bread Video Here..
Don't use the yellow bananas, they are not ready yet. Use the bananas that are streaked with black and brown spots, with just the barest hint of green at the stem. The darker the better. There is no such thing as a too-ripe banana when you're making a banana bread recipe.
When your banana bread is done baking, you can check for doneness by inserting a toothpick, wooden skewer, or the thin blade of a knife into the center of the bread. When you pull it out, it should be pretty clean, with perhaps just a few moist crumbs and no smudges or streaks of shiny, wet batter.
You can ripen up yellow bananas in just a few minutes. Just poke unpeeled bananas all over with a fork or knife. Then put them on a paper towel or plate and microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time, repeating until they're as soft as you want.
- Cover the top of your loaf with foil halfway through the baking time at around the 20 minute mark to prevent the top from burning.
- Do not over bake your bread. One of the benefits of baking without eggs is you do not need to worry about salmonella. If your banana bread seems a little too moist in the middle don't be concerned as it will continue cooking as it cools.
- You can store your banana bread for up to 3 days on the counter at room temperature; or up to a week in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze your leftover banana bread in a Zip Loc bag for up to 3 months.
- To thaw frozen banana bread just place in the microwave for 45 seconds or let defrost at room temperature.
- If you don't mind a couple of extra calories you can make a simple delicious glaze to drizzle over your banana bread by mixing together 1 cup of melted butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, ¼ cup of hot milk and 2 cups of powdered sugar - stir well and then pour over the top of your loaf.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Egglass Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe is only 3-5 Points on my app for one serving depending on how you slice your loaf. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan. It's super easy to follow. You can grab a copy on Amazon here.
If you are impatient like me and want the 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan now I am offering an instant digital download of the entire plan for my Blog Visitors only for $1.00 today..just click HERE. Limited time only...
More recipes you will love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...