Enjoy this 4 ingredient bread for breakfast, snack or dessert. Smashed up overripe bananas replace the sugar and a handful of Lily's stevia sweetened chocolate chips create the best ever chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 3/4 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups of Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup of Chocolate Chips
- Prep - Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. You can also make this recipe in the air fryer which you would also preheat to 350 Degrees F. Grease your baking pan and line with parchment paper. For this recipe I used a 7x4 inch rectangular pan and also a mini baking pan for the air fryer.
- Mash - Mash your bananas with a fork into a nice puree.
- Mix - Grab a large bowl and mix together the smashed bananas, sweetened condensed milk, self rising flour and chocolate chips. If you want to elevate this cake recipe without eggs your can add a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of cinnamon and sugar as well.
- Bake - Pour your batter into your baking pan about 3/4 full and place in the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes. If you are air frying it bakes much quicker and will only take about 20 minutes.
- Serve - Remove from oven - cool and slice..Enjoy!!!
- Cover the top of your loaf with foil halfway through the baking time at around the 20 minute mark to prevent the top from burning.
- Do not over bake your bread. One of the benefits of baking without eggs is you do not need to worry about salmonella. If your banana bread seems a little too moist in the middle don't be concerned as it will continue cooking as it cools.
- You can store your banana bread for up to 3 days on the counter at room temperature; or up to a week in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze your leftover banana bread in a Zip Loc bag for up to 3 months.
- To thaw frozen banana bread just place in the microwave for 45 seconds or let defrost at room temperature.
- If you don't mind a couple of extra calories you can make a simple delicious glaze to drizzle over your banana bread by mixing together 1 cup of melted butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of hot milk and 2 cups of powdered sugar - stir well and then pour over the top of your loaf.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 24.7 g
- Sodium: 257.1 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 6.5 mg
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread