Breading chicken fingers in a buttermilk beer batter? It doesn't get any crunchier. We used a Montauk Pale Ale for this beer battered air fried chicken tenders recipe, but you can use any light colored beer. You'll love the savory combination of chicken, parmesan, buttermilk and pale ale. Perfect for happy hour or for a kid-friendly family dinner. These beer battered boneless chicken tenders are irresistible and perfect for dunking in your favorite dip.
- 1 1/2 cups of light-colored beer, such as a pale ale.
- 2 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups of Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Combine beer and buttermilk in a shallow dish. Combine Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a separate shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dip in beer mixture; roll in Panko mixture to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 Degrees F. Line air fryer basket with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook in batches 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
To make a substitution for buttermilk place 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or distilled white vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough milk to measure 1/2 cup. Stir and let the mixture stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Discard leftover mixture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken tender
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 75.8 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 23.4 mg
Keywords: Air Fried Chicken Tenders