OK so this was my first time using the Instant Pot and now I understand why it has become so popular. With just 5 ingredients it made a delicious Instant Pot Chicken Soup in 30 minutes.
When I took the Instant Pot out of the box and sat it on my kitchen counter I thought Oh Boy this may be too complicated for me LOL. I am all about making quick easy meals and I don't have a spare couple of hours to read directions.
The Instant Pot does look intimidating with it's fancy digital face but it did come with a small instruction book that was an easy 5 minute read and then I was ready to go.
Next I needed a recipe. I bought a couple of Instant Pot Recipe Books and quickly looked up a recipe that would match what I had available in the fridge and pantry and got busy.
This is a Colombian Recipe that is called Ajiaco and comes from the region of Bogota. Since we have been having a snowy March here in New York a nice bowl of Chicken Soup is always good to warm us up.
I used the pressure cooker setting on the Instant Pot for the first part of the recipe and then the saute setting to finish it off.
If you love healthy soup recipes make sure you check out my easy instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe.
Here are the 5 Ingredients:
- 1 Pack of Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs - If you do not like Dark Meat Chicken you can certainly use Boneless Chicken Breasts and if you are vegan you can leave out the meat and just use Potato and Veggies
- 2 Ears of Corn - I cut each ear in 3 pieces with a large knife...be careful or you can just break into 3 pieces with your hand which might be safer
- 2 Potatoes - peeled and then cut into small cubes
- 2 Medium Scallions Chopped...I did not have any fresh Scallions on hand so I used about 4 tablespoons of my freeze dried Chives
- 2 Chicken Bouillon cubes
Step 1 - Take the lid off of your Instant Pot and pour in 5 ½ cups of Water. Add the Chicken, Potatoes, Chives or Scallions and Chicken Bouillon
Step 2 - Place the lid back on your Instant Pot. Push the Pressure Cook Button and set timer for 16 Minutes
Step 3- When this is complete release the steam you will probably have to wait another 10-20 minutes before opening.
Step 4 - Once cooled open lid and add Corn into the Instant Pot and hit the Saute Button for another 10 minutes or until the corn is tender. Leave the lid off for this part.
Now get out your ladle and serve up your Instant Pot Chicken Soup! Yum!Print
Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
With just 5 ingredients you can make a delicious Instant Pot Chicken Soup in 30 minutes.
- 1 pack of 4 piece Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Ears of Corn - cut each ear into 3 pieces
- 2 potatoes - peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 medium scallions chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Take the lid off of your Instant Pot and pour in 5 ½ cups of Water. Add the Chicken, Potatoes, Chives or Scallions and Chicken Bouillon
- Place the lid back on your Instant Pot. Push the Pressure Cook Button and set timer for 16 Minutes
- When this is complete release the steam you will probably have to wait another 10-20 minutes before opening.
- Once cooled open lid and add Corn into the Instant Pot and hit the Saute Button for another 10 minutes or until the corn is tender. Leave the lid off for this part.
- Now get out your ladle and serve up your Instant Pot Chicken Soup! Yum!
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Colombian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 133.5 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.4 g
- Protein: 22.7 g
- Cholesterol: 93.4 mg
Keywords: Chicken Soup
If you don't own an Instant Pot and want one I have added an easy link below just click on the image and it will take you directly to Amazon to shop.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Leave a Reply