A Rich and Spicy Full Bodied Turkey Chili with Crispy Turkey Bacon
- 1 lb of Lean Low Fat Ground Turkey
- 1 can of 15 ounce Kidney Beans
- 1 can of 15 ounce Cannellini Beans
- 8 slices of Turkey Bacon
- 6 ounce can of Tomato Paste
- 10 ounce can of RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 Onion
- 1 Pepper diced (use any color - green, red, orange, yellow)
- 2 1/4 cups of Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
- Saute - Turn your Instant Pot to Saute and add in your Turkey Bacon slices. Cook them until they are nice and crispy and then remove from the pot and set aside on a plate. Once the Bacon has cooled chop 6 of the slices into one inch pieces which you will add to the Chili and take the other 2 slices and crumble and set aside to sprinkle on top when serving.
- Stir - Add in a 1/4 cup of chicken broth your diced onions and peppers into your Instant Pot continuing on saute and stir with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot and let them cook for a few minutes until they get soft; now add in your Turkey chop meat and cook until browned.
- Mix - Add all the remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot including your turkey bacon pieces. Mix well. Close and lock your lid and set your vent to the sealed position and press your Bean Chili Button.
- Pressure Cook - Your Instant Pot will cook for 18-20 minutes. Once cook time is complete let your Instant Pot natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then you can use the quick release to empty the remaining pressure.
- Serve - Open your lid and serve.
- Garnish - Don't forget to sprinkle the extra turkey bacon crumble when you serve and try some diced scallions and a sprinkle of cheese for a garnish.
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from an online calculator which attempts to provide accurate nutritional information. Varying factors such as product types and brands can change nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 624.7 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Protein: 26.1 g
- Cholesterol: 54.3 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Turkey Chili