Do you love a Super Creamy Mac and Cheese but feel guilty indulging? I have found the guilt free solution with this easy WW Mac and Cheese with cream cheese recipe!
All you need is 15 minutes of prep time. You can create the most delicious WW instant pot Mac and Cheese with cream cheese recipe, with ultra extra creaminess. Put it on your table for dinner tonight!
This Instant Pot Southern Style Super Creamy Mac and Cheese Recipe uses Cauliflower and Carrots? I know you are thinking that does not sound like it would be good, but it is ridiculously delicious and I am not kidding.
This Instant Pot Healthy Mac and Cheese Recipe takes the Cauliflower and Carrots cooks them until tender and purees them which creates a delicious smooth and creamy sauce.
By adding the pureed Cauliflower and Carrots you are able to lighten up this homemade Mac and Cheese and get your Veggie intake for the day.
Oh and to take it over the top add some toasted breadcrumbs, Gruyere Cheese and your favorite Macaroni, for the best Mac and Cheese recipe. You won't be disappointed.
If you love Instant Pot recipes make sure you check out my Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers, Instant Pot Risotto, Instant Pot Tangy BBQ Chicken and my fan favorite Instant Pot Lasagna.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this family favorite recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - this instant pot cauliflower Mac and Cheese is only 6 smart points per serving.
- Mouth watering low calorie meal - that is not easy to find!
- Easy to Make - Only 15 minutes of prep and 25 minutes to cook a healthier Mac and Cheese dinner.
- Kid Friendly - First, I never met a kid that didn't like Mac and Cheese. Second, this Mac and Cheese with vegetables helps sneak in a little extra nutrition as a bonus.
- Budget Friendly - costs less than $20.00 to prepare this creamy Mac and Cheese recipe.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Ronzoni Elbow Macaroni - If you need to make a gluten free Mac and Cheese recipe try using Ronzoni Gluten Free Elbow macaroni.
- Gruyere Cheese - if you can't find Gruyere cheese you can try swapping this for Parmesan, Fontina or Jarlsberg cheese.
- Cauliflower - you can swap in any root vegetable if you do not like cauliflower. Try sweet potatoes, turnips or even some extra carrots.
How to make this recipe:
1: Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2: Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add Panko breadcrumbs and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool; add the Pecorino Romano cheese to your bowl of toasted Panko and mix together and set aside.
3: Cut 3 cups of small cauliflower florets; set aside. Peel and slice your four carrots; set aside. Add cauliflower pieces and carrots and vegetable broth to your instant pot. Close and lock the lid and set vent to sealed position and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
4: Once your instant pot has completed its cooking cycle open the lid and add in your cream cheese, mustard, ¼ cup of cheddar, Gruyere, salt and pepper and then use your immersion blender to puree into a creamy sauce.
5: Add pasta to boiling water; cook half the time of package directions, drain pasta and stir in pureed sauce.
6: Coat a 2 ½ quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray; spoon pasta mixture into prepared pan in an even layer. Sprinkle dish with remaining ¼ cup of cheddar and reserved bread crumb mixture; bake until golden on top, 25-30 minutes.
7: Ready to eat!! Serving size one cup.
- If you don't have a lot of time you can skip the baking in the oven and just mix your macaroni and instant pot sauce together for a simpler super creamy WW Mac and cheese.
- Since this Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese is so delicious and you may be tempted to eat more than one cup so use individual small baking dishes and just bake single one cup servings.
Instant Pot Expert Tips:
- If this is your first time using your Instant Pot just an FYI when you set it for 5 minutes it does not instantly start cooking it takes the pot a few minutes to build up the pressure and then once it completes the 5 minute cook time it needs time to release the pressure so the entire process takes about 15 minutes.
- Never try to force the lid open after cooking - if the lid will not open, that means the pressure has not fully released. ( As a safety feature, the lid remains locked until the float valve drops down)
- Don't overfill the pot - the total amount of food and liquid should not exceed the maximum level marked on the inner pot.
Macaroni and cheese is normally high in calories, containing an average of 300–500 calories per serving. By preparing your own homemade Mac and cheese recipe you can easily create a light low calorie Mac and cheese for under 300 calories per serving.
Don't only use cheddar cheese. Try adding in whipped cream cheese, Gruyere cheese or Fontina. Then steam and puree some root vegetables like carrots and cauliflower and blend together with an immersion blender. These tricks will give you a delish creamy Mac and Cheese.
Sharp Cheddar, Gruyere, Cream Cheese, Goat cheese and Parmesan work best for homemade Mac and Cheese recipes.
Check out my latest videos here:
What Kitchen tools do you need?
I used my Instant Pot to steam and cook the Veggies and my Immersion Blender to Puree all the ingredients together.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
This Instant Pot Weight Watchers Mac and Cheese is only 6 Points a serving on the Weight Watchers Program. Serving size is one cup. Your typical Mac and Cheese Recipe is about 14 points for one cup so this is considerably better and you are adding a serving of vegetables.
Are you on a Gluten Free Diet?
Want to make an Instant Pot Gluten free Mac and cheese? No problem just make sure you choose a Gluten Free Pasta like Barilla Gluten Free Elbow Pasta and a Gluten Free Breadcrumb like Michelle Farms Gluten Free Italian Bread Crumbs.
Are you Diabetic?
If you need to watch your Carbs swap the traditional macaroni for a Low Carb Pasta like The Great Low Carb Bread Company Elbows which are only 7 net carbs per serving.
Do you want to make this dish Vegan?
Want to make an Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese? Swap the Cream Cheese for Daiya Deluxe Cheese Sauce which is 100% Vegan. Swap the butter with Coconut Oil, skip the shredded cheese, and try the Nooch it Organic Dairy Free Grated Cheese in place of the Pecorino Romano cheese and you have now made this Vegan friendly.
5 Ingredients to Elevate this Mac and Cheese to Gourmet
- Lump Crabmeat
- Grilled Chicken
- Tenderloin Tidbits