Do you love a Super Creamy Mac and Cheese but feel guilty indulging? I have found the solution to guilt free Mac and Cheese! If you have 15 minutes of prep time you can have the most delicious WW Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe with cream cheese for that extra creaminess on the table for dinner tonight.
- 1 Teaspoon of Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup of WW Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican Style Blend Cheese
- 1/3 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons of Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1 Large Head of Uncooked Cauliflower
- 4 Medium uncooked Carrots
- 1 cup of Fat Free Reduced Sodium Vegetable Both
- 1/4 cup of WW Whipped Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 ounces of Gruyere Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of Table Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Hot Pepper Sauce
- 8 ounces of Uncooked Macaroni
- 2 Sprays of Cooking Spray
1: Prep: Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil
2: Mix: Melt Butter in a Medium Skillet over Medium heat; add panko and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool; add the Pecorino Romano Cheese to your bowl of toasted Panko and mix together and set aside.
3: Assemble: Cut 3 Cups of small cauliflower florets; set aside. Peel and slice your four carrots; set aside. Add Cauliflower pieces and carrots and Vegetable Broth to your Instant Pot. Close and lock lid and set vent to sealed position and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
4: Mix: Once your Instant Pot has completed its cooking cycle open the lid and add in your cream cheese, mustard, 1/4 cup cheddar, Gruyere, salt and pepper and then use your Immersion Blender to puree into a creamy sauce.
5: Prep: Add pasta to boiling water; cook half the time of package directions, Drain pasta and stir in pureed sauce.
6: Assemble: Coat a 2 1/2 quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray; spoon pasta mixture into prepared pan in an even layer. Sprinkle dish with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar and reserved crumb mixture; Bake until golden on top, 25-30 minutes. Ready to eat, serving size one cup.
- If this is your first time using your Instant Pot just an FYI when you set it for 5 minutes it does not instantly start cooking it takes the pot a few minutes to build up the pressure and then once it completes the 5 minute cook time it needs time to release the pressure so the entire process takes about 15 minutes.
- If you do not own an Instant Pot place your Cauliflower pieces and Carrots pieces in your stockpot and boil them until very tender about 10-12 minutes. Then remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and add into a blender with the vegetable broth, cream cheese, mustard, 1/4 cup cheddar, Gruyere, salt and pepper and puree into a creamy sauce.
- Since this Mac and Cheese is so delicious and you may be tempted to eat more than one cup so use individual small baking dishes and just bake single one cup servings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Weight Watcher Friendly
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 707.3 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5 g
- Protein: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 26.1 mg
Keywords: Macaroni and Cheese, instant pot