Happy Anniversary, food enthusiasts! 🎂 Today marks a delicious milestone in our culinary journey, and what better way to celebrate than with a mouthwatering creation that's both a feast for the taste buds and a triumph for your wellness goals.
As we dive into the world of wholesome indulgence, join me in unveiling an excellent recipe that transforms the classic Italian favorite into a guilt-free delight - the Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan. 🍆✨
In this culinary adventure, we'll explore luscious layers of nutrition that are as satisfying to your health-conscious soul as they are to your discerning palate.
Picture this: loads of cheesy goodness embracing each tender slice of eggplant, creating a symphony of flavors that'll have you savoring every bite.
This lightened-up rendition of the beloved dish proves that you don't have to compromise on taste to make a great choice for your well-being.
No need to stand in front of the stove getting splattered with oil for this recipe.
Why the slow cooker, you ask? Well, it's the unsung hero of our kitchen, infusing this Eggplant Parmigiana with a magical blend of flavors as it patiently simmers, allowing the ingredients to harmonize into a culinary masterpiece.
The first bite promises a burst of satisfaction, with the marriage of perfectly cooked eggplant, savory tomato sauce, and the irresistible allure of melted cheese.
Consider this not just a recipe but a complete meal that effortlessly marries comfort and nutrition.
So, buckle up for a journey through the realms of slow cooker enchantment, as we redefine the art of savoring a lightened-up classic Italian dish.
This Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan is more than just a meal; it's a celebration of flavors, a toast to health, and a reminder that every bite can be both a great choice and a delectable experience.
Cheers to another year of culinary exploration! 🌟🍽️ #HealthyEating #CrockPotMagic #FoodieCelebration
Fill your Crockpot with the ingredients..set it and forget it for 3 ½ hours then get ready to eat your Quick and Healthy Eggplant Parmigiana.
Some Fast Facts about Eggplant:
- It is Rich in Fiber and Low in Calories
- Eggplant contains Anthocyanins which may protect heart health
- Eggplant contains nasunin which may help improve blood flow to the brain.
- Eggplant contains chlorogenic acid which is a powerful free radical.
- Anthocyanins and Chlorogenic Acid function as Antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds which in even small quantities are believed to benefit overall human health.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this favorite Italian dish!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This great recipe is only 6 smart points per 1 cup serving.
Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
Easy to Make - You only need a couple of minutes of prep time and a crockpot for this delicious recipe.
- Fresh Eggplant - 2 of them from your grocery store or garden.
- 2 eggs
- Panko Bread Crumbs - Add Garlic and Italian Seasoning or just use Seasoned Panko or Italian breadcrumbs.
- Olive Oil Spray
- Tomato Sauce (I Used Raos Marinara sauce from a jar) You can use homemade marinara or any flavorful sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil
1 - Peel and Slice your Eggplant into ⅓ inch thick rounds. You need fairly thin slices of eggplant.
2 - Salting Step - Place your sliced eggplant on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for ½ hour.
3 - Whisk the 2 eggs in a bowl.
4 - In a separate shallow bowl place Panko Breadcrumb Mix
5 - Spray the bottom of your Crock Pot with Olive Oil
6 - Dip Eggplant in the egg wash and then dip in the breadcrumbs
7 - Spread some tomato sauce in the bottom of the Crock pot.
8 - Start your layers of eggplant - add a single layer of breaded eggplant then add another layer of sauce then add a layer a mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
9 - Repeat the layers 2 or 3 more times until you are out of eggplant.
10 - Cook on High for 3 ½ Hours
Watch the How to Make Crockpot Eggplant Parm Video Here...
Cooling: Allow the eggplant Parmesan to cool to room temperature before storing. This helps prevent condensation inside the container, which can make the dish soggy.
Divide into Portions: If you have a large batch, consider dividing it into smaller portions. This makes it easier to reheat only the amount you need, preventing unnecessary reheating.
Airtight Container: Transfer the eggplant Parmesan to an airtight container. If you're stacking multiple layers, place a piece of parchment paper between the layers to prevent sticking.
Refrigeration: Store the container in the refrigerator. Eggplant Parmesan can typically be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Yes you can re heat your eggplant parmesan easily.
Oven Method (Preferred):
Preheat your oven to around 350°F (175°C).
Place the desired portion in an oven-safe dish.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the top from drying out.
Reheat for about 15-20 minutes or until it's heated through.
If you're short on time, you can use a microwave.
Place a microwave-safe cover over the dish or use microwave-safe plastic wrap, leaving a small vent for steam.
Reheat in 1-minute intervals, checking and stirring between each interval until it's hot all the way through.
Avoid Freezing: While eggplant Parmesan can be frozen, the texture of the eggplant may change upon thawing, resulting in a softer consistency. If you must freeze it, ensure it's tightly wrapped to minimize freezer burn.
- Choose the Right Eggplant:Select firm and glossy eggplants with smooth skin. Smaller eggplants tend to have fewer seeds and a milder flavor.
- Slice Evenly:Slice the eggplant into even rounds to ensure uniform cooking. Aim for about ¼ to ½-inch thickness.
- Salt and Drain:Sprinkle salt on the eggplant slices and let them sit for about 30 minutes. This helps draw out excess moisture, making the eggplant less bitter and preventing it from becoming mushy during cooking.
- Rinse and Pat Dry:After salting, rinse the eggplant slices to remove the excess salt. Pat them dry with paper towels to remove any remaining moisture.
- Preheat the Slow Cooker:Preheat your slow cooker while preparing the other ingredients. This ensures even cooking from the start.
- Layering is Key:Layer the ingredients evenly. Start with a layer of marinara sauce, followed by a layer of eggplant, and then a layer of cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Use Quality Marinara Sauce:Choose a high-quality marinara sauce or make your own for the best flavor. A rich, well-seasoned sauce can elevate the entire dish.
- Add Fresh Herbs:Enhance the flavor by adding fresh herbs like basil, oregano, or thyme to the layers. Fresh herbs add brightness and complexity.
- Incorporate Parmesan and Mozzarella:Use a combination of Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses for a perfect balance of nutty and gooey textures. Freshly grated Parmesan will provide the best flavor.
- Low and Slow:Cook on the low setting to allow the flavors to meld together and the eggplant to become tender without overcooking or becoming mushy.
- Don't Overcrowd:Avoid overcrowding the slow cooker to ensure that each layer cooks evenly. If needed, use a larger slow cooker or make individual servings.
- Add a Layer of Bread Crumbs:For added texture, consider adding a layer of seasoned breadcrumbs between the eggplant layers. This provides a delightful crunch.
- Check for Doneness:Test the eggplant's doneness by inserting a fork. It should easily pierce through the slices, indicating they are tender.
- Let it Rest:Allow the Eggplant Parmigiana to rest for about 10-15 minutes after cooking. This is a great way to let the flavors settle and makes it easier to serve.
- Garnish and Serve:Before serving, garnish with fresh basil or parsley for a burst of color and additional flavor. Enjoy your delicious slow-cooked Eggplant Parmigiana!
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Weight Watchers friendly melty cheese eggplant parmesan recipe is only 6 Points on my app for 1 cup serving.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
If you are planning to travel soon make sure you check out my 100 Tips for healthy eating on the go.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
More recipes you will love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.