Welcome to my kitchen, where flavor meets healthy living! If you're on a journey to shed some pounds while still savoring every bite, you're in the right place. Today, I'm excited to share a mouthwatering recipe for Low-Carb Parmesan Chicken that will make your taste buds dance with delight without tipping the scale.
At the heart of this dish is a tender and juicy chicken breast coated in a crunchy, golden-brown parmesan crust. It's a dish that oozes comfort and indulgence, all while staying true to your Weight Watchers goals.
Gone are the days when you had to sacrifice taste for health. With this keto chicken parmesan recipe, you'll enjoy the savory richness of parmesan cheese, the subtle kick of aromatic herbs and spices, and the satisfaction of a guilt-free meal that's easy to prepare and oh-so-satisfying to devour.
Whether you're following a low-carb diet, counting your SmartPoints, or simply looking for a delicious, wholesome dinner option, this crispy chicken parmesan recipe has got you covered. So, let's dive right in and discover how to create this culinary masterpiece that's sure to become a staple in your healthy eating journey.
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
The Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken comes out super crispy on the outside and stays juicy tender on the inside. It was so easy and quick to make, that I was able to make it mid week after coming home from work when time and my desire to cook was in short supply.
I have made this several times already and usually slice it up and add it to a salad or throw it into one of my low carb wraps and make a sandwich, however you decide to eat it I know you will enjoy it.
Weight Watcher Friendly - This quick and easy low carb chicken dinner recipe is only 3 points for 1 crispy parmesan chicken cutlet.
Easy to Make - This quick and easy keto friendly chicken dinner requires only a handful of ingredients and 10 minutes of cook time.
Kid Friendly - Familiarity: Kids tend to prefer familiar flavors, and chicken Parmesan is a classic favorite in many households. By making it low carb, you're offering a healthier twist on a beloved dish that they already know and love.
Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare this parmesan crusted chicken dinner.
1 - One pound package of thin Boneless Chicken Cutlets
2-1 egg whisked in a bowl - add in a dash of red pepper flakes for some spice or your favorite herbs.
3- One 5 ounce container of Shredded Parmesan Cheese in a large bowl
4- One Pat of Butter
5- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
6- Non Stick Skillet - I use my Copper Skillet which I love!
How to Make Homemade Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Take your chicken cutlets and dip in the egg wash then transfer one at a time into your shredded parmesan coat your cutlet with the cheese on both sides then transfer to your heated skillet.
- You should have one pat of butter and a splash of olive oil warming in your pan while you are prepping the cutlets.
- Do not make your skillet too hot as you don't want to burn the cutlets.
- Cook till golden about 3-4 minutes then flip for another 3-4 minutes. You may want to take your spatula and get underneath the cutlet while they are cooking to make sure they don't stick or burn as they do cook quick.
- When they look crispy and golden remove and serve.
Watch the How to Make Low-Carb Parmesan Chicken Video here...
Don't Forget Dessert - Grab your FREE Copy of Easy Keto Desserts Cookbook right HERE!
Parmesan cheese can be a good option for a keto diet in moderation. It's a hard, aged cheese that is relatively low in carbohydrates compared to other cheeses, making it suitable for a low-carb, high-fat diet like keto.
Overcooking chicken is one of the most common reasons for it to become rubbery. When chicken is cooked for too long or at too high a temperature, the proteins in the meat contract excessively, causing it to become tough and rubbery.
Place the chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper. This will help prevent chicken juices from splattering all over your kitchen and also make the flattening process easier. Gently pound the chicken: Using a meat mallet or the flat side of a rolling pin, gently pound the chicken breast. Start from the center and work your way outwards, moving in a uniform motion. Aim for an even thickness of about ¼ to ½ inch (0.6 to 1.3 cm). Be careful not to pound too aggressively, as you don't want to tear the meat.
- Choose Quality Chicken: Start with high-quality chicken breasts, preferably boneless and skinless. Look for organic or free-range options for better flavor and texture.
- Pound the Chicken: Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to even out the thickness of the chicken breasts. This ensures even cooking and tenderness.
- Proper Seasoning: Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper before dipping it in the egg wash. Seasoning the chicken itself enhances its flavor.
- Egg Wash Consistency: Beat the eggs well for the egg wash. You can also add a splash of milk or water to create a smoother and lighter coating.
- Use Fresh Parmesan: Grate fresh Parmesan cheese for the best flavor. Avoid pre-packaged grated cheese, as it may contain fillers and additives.
- Shallow Frying: Heat a good quality frying pan with a shallow layer of oil. Using too much oil can make the dish greasy.
- Medium Heat: Maintain a consistent medium heat during frying. This ensures the chicken cooks through without burning the coating.
- Drain Excess Oil: After frying, place the chicken on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil and keep the coating crispy.
- Top with Sauce Carefully: Use a good-quality marinara or tomato sauce to top the chicken. Spoon the sauce over the chicken evenly without saturating it. Too much sauce can make it soggy.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This healthy Keto chicken parmesan without breading is only 3 Points on my app for one chicken cutlet.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here..
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...