Welcome to my kitchen, where flavor meets healthy living! If you're on a journey to shed some pounds while still savoring every bite, you're in the right place. Today, I'm excited to share a mouthwatering recipe for Low-Carb Parmesan Chicken that will make your taste buds dance with delight without tipping the scale.
- 1 pound of thin boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 egg whisked in a bowl - add red pepper flakes for spice and herbs of choice
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- One pat of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Take your chicken cutlets and dip in the egg wash then transfer one at a time into your shredded parmesan coat your cutlet with the cheese on both sides then transfer to your heated skillet.
- You should have one pat of butter and a 2 tablespoons of olive oil warming in your pan while you are prepping the cutlets.
- Do not make your skillet too hot as you don't want to burn the cutlets.
- Cook till golden about 3-4 minutes then flip for another 3-4 minutes. You may want to take your spatula and get underneath the cutlet while they are cooking to make sure they don't stick or burn as they do cook quick.
- When they look crispy and golden remove and serve.
- Choose Quality Chicken: Start with high-quality chicken breasts, preferably boneless and skinless. Look for organic or free-range options for better flavor and texture.
- Pound the Chicken: Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to even out the thickness of the chicken breasts. This ensures even cooking and tenderness.
- Proper Seasoning: Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper before dipping it in the egg wash. Seasoning the chicken itself enhances its flavor.
- Egg Wash Consistency: Beat the eggs well for the egg wash. You can also add a splash of milk or water to create a smoother and lighter coating.
- Use Fresh Parmesan: Grate fresh Parmesan cheese for the best flavor. Avoid pre-packaged grated cheese, as it may contain fillers and additives.
- Shallow Frying: Heat a good quality frying pan with a shallow layer of oil. Using too much oil can make the dish greasy.
- Medium Heat: Maintain a consistent medium heat during frying. This ensures the chicken cooks through without burning the coating.
- Drain Excess Oil: After frying, place the chicken on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil and keep the coating crispy.
- Top with Sauce Carefully: Use a good-quality marinara or tomato sauce to top the chicken. Spoon the sauce over the chicken evenly without saturating it. Too much sauce can make it soggy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cutlet
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 272.2 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.5 g
- Protein: 23.1 g
- Cholesterol: 100.8 mg
Keywords: Low Carb Chicken