Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts and culinary adventurers! It's a pleasure to welcome you back to my cozy kitchen, where we're about to dive into a taste sensation that has taken the internet by storm: the mesmerizingly delicious Easy Tomato Feta Shrimp Pasta.
If you're a fan of quick, flavorful, and utterly satisfying meals, then trust me, you're in for a treat that's about to become a staple in your recipe repertoire.
Picture this: plump, succulent shrimp dancing amidst a symphony of perfectly roasted cherry tomatoes straight from the garden, harmonizing with a creamy, luscious block of feta cheese.
But that's not all – we're about to take this to the next level by combining it all with al dente pasta that will carry these flavors straight to your taste buds with every single bite.
What's the secret behind this culinary wizardry? A genius TikTok discovery that's been causing a whirlwind of excitement and cravings across screens worldwide.
Whether you're a busy bee in need of a weeknight wonder or a food lover seeking the next big trend, this Tomato Feta Shrimp Pasta is the answer you've been waiting for.
As a devoted food blogger and Weight Watcher, I've seen my fair share of recipes, and this one truly stands out for its effortlessness and flavor explosion.
It's the kind of dish that'll leave your friends and family asking, "Wait, you made this?" – and yes, you absolutely did, with a little help from yours truly.
Grab your apron, preheat your oven, and prepare to be amazed. The aroma of roasting tomatoes and bubbling feta cheese is just the beginning of the delicious adventure we're about to embark upon.
Get ready to indulge in a symphony of flavors that'll elevate your pasta game to new heights and make your taste buds sing!
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this Delish TikTok Feta Pasta with Shrimp!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This quick and easy TikTok Feta Bake recipe is only 6 points for a 1 cup serving if you use whole wheat pasta.
Easy to Make - This shrimp and feta pasta recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time.
Kid Friendly - By involving your kids in the different stages of meal preparation, from harvesting tomatoes to enjoying the final dish, you're not only teaching them about food and cooking but also creating wonderful memories and positive associations with the act of eating healthy, homemade food.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
Cherry Tomatoes - I made this recipe during the month of August in New York so I was able to use my own fresh tomatoes from my garden. If you don't have a garden you can easily find these little flavorful tomatoes in the supermarket. If you don't find cherry tomatoes you can also use grape tomatoes for this recipe.
Feta Cheese - An 8 ounce block of feta cheese works perfect for this cherry tomato and shrimp pasta. If you are not a fan of feta cheese you can swap for a block of Philadelphia cream cheese for a softer creamier flavor.
Pasta - I chose Orecchiette for this tomato feta pasta but you can literally choose any shape or brand. You can even use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for vegan feta pasta. Chickpea Pasta and Whole Wheat pastas are the lowest points on WW at 3 points for one cup.
Shrimp - I used 2 cups of frozen shrimp that I pre cooked and then tossed into the mix with the pasta. You can use any protein, grilled diced chicken or even some turkey sausage.
How to make Viral TikTok Tomato Feta Pasta
1: Add 2 cups of cherry tomatoes to a baking dish and place one block of feta cheese in the middle. Now drizzle with olive oil and crushed garlic, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Place in the oven at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.
2: While your tomatoes and feta are baking prepare your pasta of choice and saute or grill your shrimp.
3: Remove your tomato feta bake from the oven and mix together the cheese and tomatoes really well you may have to smush some of the tomatoes to make a nice sauce.
4: Now add your cooked pasta and cooked shrimp to your cheesy tomato sauce and mix well.
5: Ready to serve your feta tomato pasta salad. This can be served hot or cold it is delish both ways! Perfect for a large group and you can even have your proteins on the side to add in case you have friends or family that do not like shrimp as I did.
Watch the How to Make the Viral TikTok Pasta Bake here...
Yes you can freeze your baked feta pasta. Allow the baked pasta dish to cool down to room temperature before freezing. Use freezer-safe containers or resealable freezer bags to store the pasta. Make sure the containers are airtight to prevent freezer burn and maintain the quality of the dish.
In general, cooked pasta dishes like baked feta pasta can be stored in the refrigerator for around 3 to 5 days. To maximize freshness and food safety.
If the feta cheese came in a vacuum-sealed package with brine (salted water), you can keep it in its original packaging. Simply reseal the package tightly after each use. The brine helps keep the cheese moist and preserves its flavor. If the feta cheese is not in brine or if you've removed it from its original packaging, place it in an airtight container. You can crumble or cut the cheese into smaller portions before placing them in the container.
- Choose Whole Grain Pasta: Opt for whole grain or whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta. It's higher in fiber and nutrients, making it a better choice for weight management.
- Use Cherry Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes are naturally sweet and bursting with flavor. Roasting or sautéing them will enhance their taste and bring out their natural juices.
- Incorporate Leafy Greens: Add a handful of fresh spinach or arugula to the pasta. These greens are low in calories and rich in vitamins, providing extra nutrients and a nice contrast to the other flavors.
- Use Reduced-Fat Feta: Opt for reduced-fat feta cheese to cut down on calories while still enjoying the creamy and tangy flavor. Crumble it over the pasta for a satisfying texture.
- Mindful Portion Control: Pay attention to portion sizes. Aim for a balanced plate by filling half with vegetables, a quarter with pasta, and a quarter with protein (feta cheese in this case).
- Incorporate Lean Protein: Boost the protein content of your dish by adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or white beans. This will help keep you fuller for longer and promote muscle maintenance.
- Lemon Zest and Fresh Herbs: Add brightness to the dish with freshly grated lemon zest and a handful of chopped fresh herbs like basil or parsley. These flavors can elevate the overall taste without adding many calories.
- Use Cooking Water: When draining the pasta, reserve a cup of the cooking water. This starchy water can be used to create a light sauce when mixed with the roasted tomatoes, feta, and other ingredients.
- Balance Flavors: Season your dish with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste and adjust the flavors as needed, perhaps with a splash of balsamic vinegar for a hint of acidity.
- Remember, the key to weight-conscious cooking is moderation and the thoughtful use of nutrient-dense ingredients. Enjoy your pasta dish while savoring every bite!
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This healthy baked feta pasta recipe is only 6 Points on my app for one cup.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...