Low carb air fried cauliflower steaks are brushed with Frank's hot sauce and cooked till lightly charred in under 15 minutes. A sprinkle of blue cheese at the end gives it a lovely crisp and a rich cheesy flavor.
Cutting a head of cauliflower into thick cut steaks turns this simple antioxidant rich vegetable into an impressive vegetarian main course.
Make a batch of the healthy 3 point fried rice as a side dish for your vegan steak dinner.
Though it makes a great entree, it would be just as lovely served as a vegan side dish. Cauliflower steaks are fragile, take care when turning the steaks over to be sure to keep the florets intact.
A wide spatula makes a great tool to flip these in your air fryer basket. The heat caramelizes and sweetens the cauliflower and baking in the air fryer adds a nice charred flavor.
Perfect for a meatless dinner. When you cut the cauliflower into steaks, some of the smaller florets may fall off; save them for another time. If you don't plan on using them right away you can freeze them.
If you love easy air fryer recipes make sure you check out my Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks, Crispy Avocado Fries, Easy Air Fryer Beignets, 5 Ingredient Chocolate Cake or the Weight Watchers Favorite Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this delicious roasted cauliflower in the air fryer!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This easy low carb air fryer cauliflower recipe is only 2 points per serving on my WW Plan. Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Mouth watering low calorie meal - Only 72 calories for 1 crispy homemade air fried buffalo cauliflower steak.
- Easy to make - These low calorie air fryer buffalo cauliflower steaks bake up in under 20 minutes.
- Kid friendly - These healthy vegan steaks are so moist and crispy with the au gratin blue cheese the kids won't even know you are feeding them a veggie dinner. Oh and the best part is you can freeze the leftover air fried cauliflower parmesan for a quick after school snack or quick dinner by re heating in the air fryer.
- Budget friendly - These air fried vegan steaks cost less than $20.00 to prepare and there is enough to feed the whole family.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Cauliflower - This easy gluten free recipe works best when using a large head of fresh cauliflower.
- Hot Sauce - For these keto friendly cauliflower steaks I used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce. You can use your favorite brand, but I find the Frank's Hot Sauce has the perfect consistency for brushing and adhering to the cauliflower steaks.
- Crumbled Blue Cheese - If you are not a fan of blue cheese and still want an au gratin cauliflower steak you can swap with Mozzarella, Gouda, Gruyere, Swiss or even Cheddar Cheese.
How to Make Air Fryer Cauliflower:
1: Turn cauliflower stem side up on a cutting board. Trim away the leaves, leaving the stem intact. Cut cauliflower into ½ inch thick steaks. You should get about 5 or 6 nice slices from a large head of cauliflower.
2: Lay your cauliflower steaks on a sheet of parchment paper and brush generously with your hot sauce of choice.
3: Preheat your air fryer basket to 390 degrees F. I used the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer to roast the cauliflower in the air fryer. The Ninja Foodi has an auto preheat which is nice, but you can use any air fryer. Once the air fryer is ready open the lid and place a piece of aluminum foil in the basket. Give it a spritz of olive oil and lay your steak on top of the foil and bake for 12 minutes.
4: After the 12 minutes is up open the lid of your air fryer and sprinkle your cauliflower steak with the crumbled blue cheese and bake an additional 3 minutes.
5: Once cheese is melted remove gently from air fryer basket with a large spatula and serve. These Ninja Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks are delicious!!
Watch the How to Make Air Fried Cauliflower Steaks Video here...
They named them cauliflower steaks because they look very similar to a traditional steak. Meat lovers may not agree..but they are similar in thickness and the shape is kind of steak-like. Cauliflower steaks are perfect if you are following a keto or low carb diet or a vegan or vegetarian meal plan. They are delicious as a side dish or a main meal even if you are not on a diet!
Cauliflower has a really mild and neutral flavor, which is why it is the perfect base for so many recipes. Use it to make vegan cauliflower steaks,mashed cauliflower, cauliflower pizza or even cauliflower Alfredo.
Cauliflower has several properties that may aid with weight loss. First, it is low in calories with only 25 calories per cup, so you can eat a lot of it without gaining weight. It can also be used as a low-calorie swap for high-calorie foods, such as rice and flour and pasta.
Expert Air Fryer Tips:
- Don't overcrowd your air fryer basket you need room for the heat to circulate.
- Grease your air fryer basket with a spritz of olive oil.
- Flip foods halfway through the cooking time to insure even cooking.
- Open the air fryer as often as you like to check for doneness.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe is only 2 Points on my app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan. It's super easy to follow. You can grab a copy on Amazon here.
If you are impatient like me and want the 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan now I am offering an instant digital download of the entire plan for my Blog Visitors only for $1.00 today..just click HERE. Limited time only...
More Recipes you will Love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...