As a healthy food blogger and Weight Watcher, I would like to introduce you to one of my new favorite recipes... popcorn chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are not only fun and easy to bake, but they're also a guilt-free, low-point dessert option that won't derail your healthy eating habits.
The combination of popcorn and chocolate chips in a cookie might sound unusual, but trust me when I say that it's a match made in heaven.
The popcorn adds a fun, crunchy texture to the cookie, while the chocolate chips provide a rich, indulgent flavor.
And the best part? These cookies are a low-point dessert option, making them a great choice for anyone watching their weight or trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. So go ahead, indulge in a sweet treat without any of the guilt.
So gather your ingredients and get ready to whip up a batch of these delicious popcorn chocolate chip cookies. They're sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them!
Check out some of my most popular Weight Watcher friendly side dishes and desserts like the Air Fryer Polenta, Easy Naan Bread , Air Fryer Avocado Fries, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins and my favorite Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on the best damn chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Weight Watcher Friendly - A healthy and delicious 4 Point Weight Watchers cookie recipe. Who says you can't eat cookies and lose weight!
Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
Easy to Make - These low calorie chocolate chip cookies require only a handful of ingredients and a couple of minutes to prepare.
Kid Friendly - Using popcorn in homemade chocolate chip cookies can add an element of fun and creativity to the baking process. Kids can enjoy the experience of popping the popcorn, mixing it into the cookie dough, and seeing how the final product turns out.
Making homemade chocolate chip cookies with popcorn as an ingredient can be a fun, easy, and healthy way to engage kids in the kitchen and teach them about the importance of making healthy food choices.
Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to make these low fat chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
Popcorn - I used Jolly Time Healthy Pop for this recipe. You can use any of your favorite popcorns like buttered or flavored.
How to make Guilt Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F - line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make a batch of popcorn you will need 2 ½ cups.
2: In a large bowl, beat your butter with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in your oil, sugar and vanilla extract and beat for an additional minute. Add your egg and mix together.
3: In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Add popcorn and chocolate chips; beat at low speed until combined.
4: Scoop out tablespoon sizes of cookie batter onto your lined cookie sheet pan. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. If you like an air fried chocolate chip cookie this recipe also baked perfect in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
5: When baking is complete remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!!
Watch the How to Make Popcorn Cookies Video
Chocolate Chip Popcorn cookies are only 4 points on Weight Watchers.
Semi sweet chocolate chips are 3 points for one tablespoon. Dark chocolate chips are 4 points for one tablespoon.
When it comes to baking cookies, the choice between an oven and an air fryer really depends on personal preference. While air fryers can bake cookies quickly and with less oil, ovens provide a more even and consistent heat, which can result in perfectly baked cookies. Some people prefer the texture and taste of cookies baked in an oven, while others prefer the crispy texture that an air fryer can provide. I think they taste delicious in both the oven and the air fryer.
- Use air-popped popcorn instead of microwave or stovetop popcorn. This will ensure that your popcorn is not too oily or salty, which can affect the texture and taste of your cookies.
- Make sure your popcorn is completely cooled before mixing it into the cookie dough. Hot popcorn can cause the dough to melt and become too soft.
- Use a high-quality chocolate chip brand to ensure that your cookies have a delicious chocolate flavor. Semi-sweet chocolate chips work well, but you can also use milk or dark chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Do not overmix your dough. Overmixing can cause your cookies to become tough and dry.
- Use a combination of brown and white sugar for your cookie dough. This will give your cookies a delicious caramel flavor and a chewy texture.
- Add a pinch of salt to your cookie dough. This will enhance the flavor of the chocolate and balance the sweetness of the sugar.
- Use a cookie scoop to ensure that your cookies are evenly sized. This will ensure that they bake evenly and have a consistent texture.
- Chill your cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help your cookies retain their shape and prevent them from spreading too much.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
- Enjoy your cookies in moderation as part of a balanced diet. While these cookies can be a delicious treat, they should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a healthy lifestyle
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Easy WW cookie recipe is only 4 Points on my app for one healthy chocolate chip cookie - one batch of this popcorn cookie recipe makes about 24 cookies.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...