This Easy Keto Enchilada Bake is perfect to keep stashed in your freezer for those busy nights when you have time only for the drive-through or to throw something pre-made into the oven!
If you want to freeze your Enchilada Bake just prepare it, but don't bake it in the oven. Wrap the casserole well and store it in your freezer uncooked for up to three months. When you want to make it, let it thaw to room temperature and then bake it.
What exactly is an Enchilada?
An enchilada is a tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Enchiladas can be filled with various ingredients, including meats, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables or any combination.
Are Keto Enchiladas Healthy?
Yes, this delicious Easy Keto Enchilada Bake Recipe uses Almond and Coconut Flour instead of All Purpose flour in the preparation of the tortillas making it Gluten Free.
Oh and we can’t forget the main ingredient Low Carb White Meat Chicken. You can use Dark Meat chicken if you prefer. The white meat (chicken breast) has slightly less cholesterol than the dark meat(legs). It is definitely lower in saturated fats. In general, poultry is a heart-healthy protein.
How many Calories are in this Easy Keto Enchilada Bake?
If you make your own Low Carb Soft Tortillas with my recipe below each keto soft tortilla contains about 142 calories. If you don't have time to make your own soft tortillas I highly recommend the Tumaro Low Carb wraps which have only 60 calories per wrap and they are delicious.
The enchilada filling with the cheese topping is about 303 calories, so depending on which tortilla you use you can have a hearty delicious meal for under 400 calories.
What kind of filling is used in this Low Carb Enchilada Bake?
I used a blend of ground chicken chop meat and shredded white meat chicken breast. I first took 2 boneless white meat chicken breasts and cooked them in my Instant Pot for 30 minutes and then shredded the meat. You could also just pick up a Rotisserie chicken and pull some white meat off of it and shred and then add it to your sautéed chicken chop meat to make the blend.
Can I use Beef Chop Meat to make the Enchiladas more Flavorful?
Yes you can swap your protein from chicken to beef if you prefer a red meat protein. But just a fun fact chicken is the go-to protein for athletes and bodybuilders.
But Beef does contain high levels of protein and a significant amount of creatine, which helps produce lean muscle much more quickly...but your body can only absorb 74% of a slab of beef, where as your body can take in 80% of protein in chicken.
Can I use vegetables to make the Enchilada Bake Recipe Vegan?
You sure can! I love to sauté up some Eggplant, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Onions and Mushrooms and then use that mixture to stuff my Low Carb Tortilla and bake it Enchilada Style! Yummy!
Is this Keto Enchilada Casserole Gluten Free?
How many Carbs are in this Keto Enchiladas Bake?
The Homemade Keto Soft Tortilla has 4.3 grams of Carbs and the Enchilada filling contains 4.5 grams of carbs. So you can have a delicious keto cheese enchilada for under 10 grams of carbs. That is pretty good!
Are you Carb Conscious?
This Keto Tortilla recipe uses Almond Flour and Coconut Flour in place of regular flour. Almond Flour and Coconut Flour are great alternatives to traditional Wheat Flour. They are low in carbs, packed with nutrients and have a slightly sweeter taste. Almond Flour and Coconut Flour may provide more health benefits than traditional wheat flour such as reducing “bad” LDL cholesterol and insulin resistance.
Why is eating Low Carb better for you?
When you consume carbohydrates, they are converted into simple sugars known as glucose in your bloodstream. They are your main fuel source. Without sufficient carbs available as fuel, your body will start burning fat to keep you moving. Basically lowering your Carb intake will make it easier to burn fat and lose weight.
Why is everyone trying Low Carb and Keto?
Lowering your carbs to below 100 grams per day is beneficial for weightloss and also promotes overall good health, energy and vitality. The Keto Diet limits your intake of carbs to less than 50 grams per day and eliminates junk and processed foods allowing you to eat clean, whole food for better overall health and wellness.
Grab a FREE Copy of 100 Low Carb Food Swaps HERE!
I follow the Weight Watchers program and incorporate low carb, so it is a blend of both. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of food that is the only way you are going to discover your best healthy life.
What are the Top Benefits of Eating Low Carb Foods?
- When you eat food Lower in Carbs it reduces your appetite which in turn causes you to consume fewer calories.
- Quickstart to Weightloss
- Reduces harmful abdominal fat.
- Reduces Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels
Do you want to try a Really Easy Low CarbMeal Plan to Drop some Pounds Fast?
Whenever I fall off the wagon which always seems to be around this time of the year after the Holidays I follow a 30 Day Low Carb/Keto Meal Plan and I can drop 5 pounds in the first 5 days. Within the first week I can usually button my jeans again without passing out from sucking in my stomach. I am a perpetual Weight Watcher but sometimes my body needs a change to switch it up which is why I like to give myself a 30 day Low Carb challenge for a fresh start.
Start your 30 Day Fat Burning Journey Here!
If you are looking for a Healthy and Tasty way to lose serious pounds without counting calories or exercising then this simple program is perfect for you.
The program will give you everything you need to jumpstart 2021. Here are the resources that come with the program:
- 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which contains over 90 Low Carb Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks
- Your weekly shopping list
- Quickstart Salad and Dressing Recipes
- Calm – Meditation Guide
- Easy Keto Dessert Recipes
- Plus everything is electronic with this program which mean you will have Instant Access to it, you will be able to read it on your tablet, laptop or smartphone. I like to set up my tablet in the kitchen to follow the recipes so there is no need to print anything.
- The BEST part…I am able to get you access to this program today for only $7.97 – that is cheaper than one trip at the drive through. Do not wait you are worth it!
Start working on that Flat Belly Today..Click here for 90 Fat Burning Recipes!!
What Kitchen tools do I need for this Easy Keto Enchilada Bake Recipe?
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Keto Enchilada Bake is only 4 points for the homemade Soft Tortilla and 7 points for the filling and cheese. If you use a Tumaro Low in Carb Multi Grain wrap then it is only 1 Point on the WW Blue plan which is the plan I am currently following. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Drop up to 5 pounds in 7 Days with my New Ultimate Book of Fat Burning Recipes - GET YOUR COPY HERE😁
I have been going back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan and when I plateau I do my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again…… If you want to see new WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here…
Ingredient for the Keto Soft Tortilla
- 1 Cup of Egg Whites
- ¼ cup of Avocado Oil
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Milled Flaxseed
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Cups of Boiling Water
Preparation Instructions for the Keto Soft Tortilla
- In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients except the boiling water.
- Add the boiling water and beat until smooth.
- Heat a medium non stick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the heated skillet. Using the measuring cup , quickly spread out the batter as thin as you can without breaking the tortilla, to a circle about 5-6 inches in diameter.
- Cook until the tortilla is golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip, and then cook until golden on the second side, about 1-2 minutes more. Place the tortilla on a plate, and repeat with the remaining batter.
Ingredients for the Keto Enchilada Bake Filling and Toppings
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 12 Ounces of white meat chicken - shredded breast meat or chicken chop meat or a blend of both
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon of Taco Spice Seasoning
- 3 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup of Salsa
- 2 Tablespoons of Water
- 4 Soft Tortillas - you can make your own Low Carb Tortillas or use a store bought Low Carb Brand like Tumaro's
- 4 Ounces of Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
Preparation Instructions for the Keto Enchilada Bake
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F. Lightly spray the inside of an 8X8 casserole dish with Avocado Oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the chicken chop meat until browned, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the meat.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more stirring constantly.
- I like to add a mix a shredded white meat chicken which I pre cooked in my instant pot or you can get a rotisserie chicken and use some shredded white meat from that and mix it with the chicken chop meat and blend together.
- Stir in the tomato paste and the Taco Seasoning and turn off the heat.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the cream cheese, salsa and water and whisk until smooth. Turn off the heat.
- To assemble each enchilada, spoon one quarter of the meat mixture into the center of each soft tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place them into the prepared casserole dish.
- Spoon the creamy salsa on top and sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
Psst..Before you go make sure you grab a FREE copy of My Easy Keto Desserts Instant Access Recipe Book right HERE!Print Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Ready to Quit your Day Job? Start your own Food Blog with help from Food Blogger Pro - Click Here for Info