Hello, fellow food enthusiasts, health-conscious readers, and keto aficionados! Today, I'm delighted to bring you a culinary masterpiece that I like to call keto chicken crack slaw.
It combines the rich flavors of savory chicken, the crunch of cabbage, and the fiery kick of Sriracha.
If you're looking to add some excitement to your keto diet while staying on track with your Weight Watchers goals, you've come to the right place.
In the world of keto cuisine, we're often on the hunt for creative ways to prepare meals that not only satisfy our taste buds but also adhere to our low-carb, high-fat lifestyle.
That's where our savory "Chicken Crack Slaw" recipe comes into play. This dish is not just delicious; it's a game-changer for anyone who's been missing out on the joy of indulgent flavors while staying true to their dietary goals.
Our recipe boasts a harmonious fusion of ingredients, each contributing their unique charm to create a mouthwatering masterpiece. With tender chicken, crispy cabbage, and a Sriracha-infused sauce, this dish is a symphony of textures and tastes that will leave you craving seconds.
But here's the real magic: this dish isn't just about tantalizing your taste buds. It's also about making smarter, healthier choices.
As a passionate food blogger and Weight Watcher, I understand the importance of finding recipes that align with your dietary goals, whether you're working towards weight loss, better health, or just looking for ways to stay committed to the keto lifestyle.
So, if you're ready to embark on a culinary adventure that's both satisfying and supportive of your wellness journey, join me in the kitchen as we whip up this delectable keto chicken crack slaw.
From preparation to the very last bite, we'll explore the flavors, the techniques, and the joy of discovering how healthy eating can be an absolute pleasure.
Let's dive into the recipe and uncover the secrets of this savory delight that will make your taste buds dance with every bite. Keto-friendly, Weight Watchers-approved, and full of flavor – this is the recipe you've been waiting for. Get ready to redefine your keto experience with our Chicken Crack Slaw.
Make sure try some of my other popular healthy Weight Watcher recipes. Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins , Mini DASH Chaffles, Air Fryer Beignets and The WW Zero Point Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this delicious keto crack chicken recipe!
Weight Watcher Friendly - This quick and easy crack slaw recipe is only 6 points for the entire batch.
Easy to Make - This family chicken slaw recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and 15 minutes of cook time.
Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to make this healthy WW keto chicken crack slaw recipe.
Ingredients needed and substitutions
- Pick a Protein: I used, 1 package of ground chicken chop meat you can change it up and add your preference, if you are vegan you can add tofu, or ground veggie burgers to create a vegan crack slaw... yum!
- 1 head of chopped cabbage or if you don't have time to shred the cabbage use a package of Dole Coleslaw Mix which is basically shedded cabbage and carrots which is what I used, fast, easy and fresh.
- Unseasoned rice vinegar - This rice vinegar is less acidic and serves up a delicate, mild, somewhat sweet flavor.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce - A great soy free alternative is Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos - THE HEALTHY SECRET - Coconut sap is the healthy secret to all of Coconut Secret products. It is loaded with a wide range of minerals, vitamins, and 17 amino acids. It's also low-glycemic and has a nearly neutral pH. Plus, since it comes from the tree and not the fruit, it doesn't have a coconutty flavor.
- Sesame Oil - Sesame oil has health benefits. Compared to other vegetable oils, sesame-based oils have much less saturated and more unsaturated fat.
- If you want to turn this into an Asian Cabbage Slaw try adding some Ginger Dressing or Peanut Sauce and a handful of sesame seeds.
Step 1 - In a small bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients then set aside.
Step 2 - Spray a large nonstick skillet of wok with the avocado oil spray and set over high heat. When warm, add the ground chicken to the pan breaking it up with a spatula. Season with salt, pepper, and cook until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
Step 3 - Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant, then set ground chicken to the side in a bowl.
Step 4 - Add the shredded cabbage, carrots, and whites of the scallions to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened but still have a slight crunch.
Step 5 - Push the veggies to one side of the pan and add the whisked eggs to the empty side. Scramble the eggs until cooked through, then mix them with the veggies.
Step 6 - Stir in the remaining scallions, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, then add the ground chicken back to the pan to let the flavors meld together.
Step 7 - Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as needed.
Step 8 - Drizzle the reserved sauce over the top, and garnish with fresh cilantro to Thai basil, if desired.
Step 9 - Serving size about 1 ½ cups.
Yes, you can enjoy coleslaw on a keto diet, but you need to make some adjustments to the traditional coleslaw recipe to ensure it fits within your daily carbohydrate limits. Traditional coleslaw is made with ingredients like sugar and mayonnaise, both of which can be high in carbs. consider the following modifications:Use a sugar substitute and a low carb mayonnaise.
The best sugar substitute for you may depend on your personal taste preferences and how you plan to use it in your recipes. Here are some popular keto-friendly sugar substitutes: Stevia, Erythritol, Allulose, Xylitol and Monk Fruit.
Allulose: Allulose is a rare natural sugar that is low in calories and has a taste very similar to sugar. It also caramelizes like sugar, making it a good choice for baking.
- Choose Lean Meats: Opt for lean meats like ground chicken or turkey for your protein source. These are lower in fat and calories compared to ground beef.
- Quality Coleslaw Mix: Start with a high-quality coleslaw mix. Look for one that's fresh and free of added sugars or high-carb ingredients.
- Proper Seasoning: Season your meat with a blend of low-carb seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of red pepper flakes for some heat.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: Whenever possible, use fresh vegetables for your crack slaw, including cabbage, bell peppers, and green onions.
- Thinly Slice Vegetables: Ensure that you thinly slice your vegetables for a pleasant texture in the final dish. A mandoline slicer can be very helpful.
- Stir-Fry Technique: Stir-fry your meat and vegetables in a hot wok or skillet. This ensures they cook quickly and retain their crispness.
- Keto-Friendly Sauce: Create a keto-friendly sauce using ingredients like soy sauce or coconut aminos, sesame oil, and a sugar substitute like erythritol or stevia.
- Minimize Carbs: Avoid high-carb additions like sugar, regular soy sauce, and cornstarch. Opt for low-carb alternatives like xanthan gum or glucomannan to thicken your sauce.
- Sesame Seeds: Toast some sesame seeds to add a nutty flavor and crunch to your dish. Sprinkle them on top just before serving.
- Garlic and Ginger: Freshly minced garlic and ginger add a burst of flavor. Sauté them briefly in oil before adding the meat and vegetables.
- Vinegar for Balance: A splash of rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar can help balance the flavors and add a touch of acidity.
- Portion Control: Pay attention to portion sizes to keep your meal in line with your keto and Weight Watchers goals. A food scale can be handy for accurate measurements.
- Meal Prep: Make extra and portion it out for quick and easy keto-friendly lunches or dinners throughout the week.
- Experiment with Spices: Feel free to experiment with low-carb spices and herbs like cilantro, basil, or crushed red pepper flakes to customize the flavor to your liking.
- Garnish with Fresh Herbs: Add freshness to your dish by garnishing with fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley before serving. It not only enhances the presentation but also the flavor.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This easy crack slaw recipe is only 6 Points on my app for 1 ½ cups of keto slaw.
Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Embark on a transformative culinary journey with '30 Days of Fat Burning Recipes,' a meticulously crafted guide written by the expert author and food blogger, Susan from Sueseaqpi.com. This comprehensive book seamlessly blends a 30-day meal plan with over 90 delectable low carb recipes, making it an indispensable companion for anyone looking to embrace the keto lifestyle. Susan not only demystifies the world of keto but also imparts invaluable lifestyle tips, acting as your trusted companion on the journey toward success in adopting a low carb lifestyle.
If you are impatient like me... blog visitors can get instant access to the digital download version today for only $1.00 just click here...
Want to know how many calories you should be eating?
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...