Are you hosting the Holiday Dinner this year and want to please all of your guests including your health conscious Keto, loved one's?
This delicious easy cornbread dressing recipe takes only 5 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes to cook.
This Easy Keto Cornbread Stuffing recipe will have your Keto eaters smiling and all the other guests as well, because it is so good.
I have a lot of family members and friends that are fitness enthusiasts and I know how difficult it is to stay on track over the Holidays, so I try to include a variety of healthier versions of food mixed in with the traditional ones.
This gives everyone options to mix and match plus it's fun to try out different recipes. You may find you like Keto Cornbread Stuffing better than Stovetop LOL.
If you need more healthy side dish ideas for you dinner table make sure you check out my Sweet Potato Fritters, Keto Mozzarella Sticks, Avocado Fries, Jalapeno Poppers and my very popular Cauliflower Bites.
Why make this recipe?
You do not want to miss out on this homemade keto cornbread recipe, it is a southern style cornbread recipe mix with a low carb count. Perfect for the keto dieters!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 6 Smart Point for a half a cup of this low carb cornbread dressing.
- A tasty low carb holiday side dish - Low carb holiday side dishes are not easy to come by!
- Super easy to prepare - Requires only a handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare. This can easily be a make ahead cornbread dressing if you have too many dishes to prepare on the actual holiday.
- Kid Friendly - Even though this is a healthy cornbread recipe mix it tastes just as good as kid friendly Stove Top. So the kids will never know you are serving them a keto corn bread dressing.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - Your house will smell amazing when all of the seasonings and spices of this easy keto dressing are simmering.
Ingredient and Substitutions:
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup of Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup of melted Butter
- 2 diced Jalapenos
- 4 slices of Bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make this recipe:
Preparation Instructions for the Low Carb Keto Cornbread
1: Preheat the oven to 325 Degrees F
2: In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients except the jalapeños.
3: Pour the batter into your cast iron skillet ( give your skillet a spritz a olive oil spray to coat before adding in the ingredients so there is no sticking) Smooth your batter out evenly in the skillet then top with some sliced jalapeños...as many as you like.
4: Place your skillet in the oven on the centre rack and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
Step Two - Ingredients for Making the Keto Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 Batch of Low Carb Keto Cornbread
- 1 stick of unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup of diced Celery
- ¼ cup of Parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Sage
- 1 tablespoon of Thyme
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 2 Eggs
How to make this recipe:
Preparation Instructions for the Keto Cornbread Stuffing
1: Cut your cornbread into 1 inch cubes and lay on a baking sheet.
2: Preheat the oven to 250 Degrees F and bake your breadcrumbs for 1 hour until toasted and dry. Remove after 1 hour and then turn your oven up to 350 Degrees F.
3: Heat your butter in your 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, once hot add in your onions and celery and cook for 10 minutes until softened then add in the herbs, salt and pepper.
4: Now add your toasted breadcrumbs to the skillet and toss with the onion mixture.
5: In a separate bowl mix together the broth and eggs. Pour over the the bread mixture and toss to combine.
Cover your skillet with foil tightly and bake at 350 Degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove the foil after the 40 minutes and let cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the top is golden.
Check out my latest video's here:
- If you have a lot of time and want to prepare a make ahead cornbread dressing do this: Bake your cornbread and cut it into cubes let it dry out for a few days by letting it sit out. Stale, dried-out bread makes the best stuffing.
- If you don't have a lot of time bake your breadcrumbs in the oven at 250 Degrees for 1 hour until toasted and dry.
- If you have any leftover cornbread stuffing mix try making some low carb stuffing muffins. You can bake individual portions of the stuffing in muffin tins.
- When it is time to clean your cast iron skillet try using a plastic mesh produce bag ( the kind that holds onions) and swipe the pan clean. The mesh bag doesn't damage the seasoning the way steel wool will, and you don't have to ruin a scrubber pad with grease. A wad of heavy-duty aluminum foil will also work.
By preparing your own homemade cornbread breadcrumbs using low carb ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour and heavy cream your cornbread dressing will not be high in carbs. A healthy cornbread dressing should have under 10 carbs per serving.
Cornmeal has about 30 net carbs for a ¼ cup. So not the best choice for a keto diet. If you love the flavor of cornmeal just make your own low carb keto cornbread recipe.
When you are making stuffing from low carb cornbread there is approximately 256 calories per ½ cup serving.
Traditional stuffing or dressing as some call it, is normally prepared with breadcrumbs which are high in carbs, and not keto friendly. Try making homemade Keto Cornbread Stuffing to make your own low carb breadcrumbs.
Keto stuffing actually tastes better than traditional stuffing because you are literally making it from scratch. Normally most folks buy a bag a pre-made breadcrumbs add some butter and water and that is it...not very exciting. Making your own Low Carb Keto Cornbread from scratch to create the breadcrumbs for your Keto Stuffing enables you to add in lots of flavor by using a variety of fresh herbs and spices.
You will never want to use a store bought bag of stuffing after you make your own low carb bread crumbs, and I guarantee if you serve both even the non Keto guests will be digging into your low carb stuffing.
What Kitchens Tools do I need?
Do I have to use a Cast Iron Skillet?
If you don't own one yet you can use a round cake pan to bake your Keto Cornbread and then use a casserole dish to bake the stuffing. I do recommend using the Cast Iron Skillet as it heats up evenly and it is super easy to go from stovetop to oven in one shot.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my blog you already know I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member so I like to add in the point value of the recipes. Since this is a Keto Stuffing with all the goodies it is 6 points for a ½ cup. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
I go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan and when I plateau I do my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarts the Fat Burning again…… If you want to see new WW Food Lists for each plan just click Here…
Make sure you grab a FREE copy of my Easy Keto Desserts Here...Print Print
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.