A Keto Friendly Low Carb Cornbread without the Corn...the perfect base for Keto Stuffing
- 1/2 cup of Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Melted Unsalted Butter
- 2 Sliced Jalapenos
- 4 Slices of Cooked and Crumbled Bacon
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 F Degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients except the sliced jalapeños.
- Pour your batter mixture into your cast iron skillet ( spray your skillet with some olive oil to coat before adding in the batter so it does not stick ) Spread the batter evenly with your wooden spoon in the skillet then top with some sliced jalapeños...use as many as you like.
- Place your skillet in the oven on the centre rack and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- If you have a lot of time and want to prepare a make ahead cornbread dressing do this: Bake your cornbread and cut it into cubes let it dry out for a few days by letting it sit out. Stale, dried-out bread makes the best stuffing.
- If you don't have a lot of time bake your breadcrumbs in the oven at 250 Degrees for 1 hour until toasted and dry.
- If you have any leftover cornbread stuffing mix try making some low carb stuffing muffins. You can bake individual portions of the stuffing in muffin tins.
- When it is time to clean your cast iron skillet try using a plastic mesh produce bag ( the kind that holds onions) and swipe the pan clean. The mesh bag doesn't damage the seasoning the way steel wool will, and you don't have to ruin a scrubber pad with grease. A wad of heavy-duty aluminum foil will also work.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Keto
- Method: Cast Iron Skillet
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: A slice
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 548.5 mg
- Fat: 20.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 110.9 mg
Keywords: Keto Stuffing