A Super Easy Keto Friendly Low Carb Stuffing for the Holidays
- 1 Batch of Low Carb Keto Cornbread
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup of Diced Celery
- 1/4 cup of Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of Sage
- 1 Tablespoon of Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 cup of Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 2 Eggs
- Cut your Cornbread into 1 inch cubes and lay them on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 250 F Degrees and bake your breadcrumbs for 1 hour until toasted and dry. Remove after 1 hour and then turn your oven up to 350 F Degrees.
- Heat your Butter in your Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat, once hot add in your onions and celery and cook for 10 minutes until softened then add in the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Now add in your toasted breadcrumbs to the skillet and toss with the onion and celery mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the broth and eggs. Pour this mixture over the bread mixture in the skillet and toss to combine. Now cover your skillet tightly with some aluminium foil and bake at 350 F Degrees for 40 minutes. Remove the foil after 40 minutes and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes until the top is golden.
- If you have a lot of time and want to prepare a make ahead cornbread dressing do this: Bake your cornbread and cut it into cubes let it dry out for a few days by letting it sit out. Stale, dried-out bread makes the best stuffing.
- If you don't have a lot of time bake your breadcrumbs in the oven at 250 Degrees for 1 hour until toasted and dry.
- If you have any leftover cornbread stuffing mix try making some low carb stuffing muffins. You can bake individual portions of the stuffing in muffin tins.
- When it is time to clean your cast iron skillet try using a plastic mesh produce bag ( the kind that holds onions) and swipe the pan clean. The mesh bag doesn't damage the seasoning the way steel wool will, and you don't have to ruin a scrubber pad with grease. A wad of heavy-duty aluminum foil will also work.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 404 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3 g
- Protein: 10.4 g
- Cholesterol: 188.4 mg