Spicy foods are my favorite and this Healthy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe does not disappoint. These stuffed Jalapeño Poppers are baked to perfection in the Air Fryer and only 2 points on Weight Watchers.
Oh and did I mention they are Keto friendly as well..double bonus..Low Carb and Low Points.
Wondering what exactly is a Jalapeno Popper? Jalapeno Poppers are Jalapeño Peppers that have been hollowed out, stuffed with a mixture of your favorite cheese, spices, and sometimes meat.
Once stuffed they are then breaded and normally deep fried in oil. (The unhealthy version) This healthy jalapeño recipe can be Air Fried, Oven Baked or even grilled.
If you love healthy air fryer recipes make sure you check out Curried Sweet Potato Fritters, Easy Air Fryer French Toast Crunch, Easy Air Fryer Hush Puppies, 6 Ingredient Air Fryer Chocolate Cake, Easy Air Fryer Beignets and Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this delicious recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - Only 2 smart points per serving
- Mouth Watering Low Calorie Appetizer - that is not easy to find!
- Easy to Make - requires only 7 ingredients and less that 30 minutes to make
- Keto Approved - only 10.6 carbs per serving
- Budget Friendly - costs less than $20.00 to prepare and save more money if you grow your own farm to table jalapeño peppers
Ingredients to Make Healthy Jalapeno Poppers:
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- ½ Cup of WW Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican Style Blend Cheese
- ¼ Cup of WW Reduced-Fat Whipped Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 Tablespoon of Fat Free Mayonnaise
- 8 Jalapenos
- ¼ Cup of Regular Liquid Egg Substitute - Like Egg Beaters or Liquid Egg Whites
- 7 Tablespoons of Cornflake Crumbs
- Spritz Air Fryer Basket with Spray Olive Oil
- In a Medium bowl, combine WW Mexican Cheese, WW Cream Cheese and Fat Free Mayonnaise; mix together well and set aside. Halve Jalapeno Peppers lengthwise and remove seeds; fill each half of the jalapeño with your cheese mixture.
- Place Egg substitute in a shallow dish. Dip stuffed peppers into egg substitute and then roll in cornflake crumbs...or if you are going Keto roll in pork rind crumbs to coat.
4. Transfer peppers to your Air Fryer Basket, give them a spritz of Olive Oil and Bake 15 minutes at 350 Degrees. Bake until filling is bubbly and the outside begins to brown. Serve Hot and Crispy. ***Note if you do not have an Air Fryer you can bake in the oven on a Baking Sheet at 350 Degrees for 30 minutes.
5: Remove from Air Fryer with a spatula and serve Hot and Crispy!
Are Jalapeño Poppers Healthy?
I'm glad you asked! Jalapeños are very low in calories and full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
One raw jalapeño has only 4 calories and 0.4 grams of fiber. Loaded with vitamins and nutrients such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Folate and Manganese. A perfect little powerhouse!
How Many Calories are in these Air Fried Jalapeño Poppers?
This Healthy Jalapeño Poppers Recipe makes 8 Air Fried Jalapeño Poppers and each crispy jalapeño popper is about 40 calories. The perfect Low Calorie Air Fried snack or appetizer.
How Many Carbs are in Baked Jalapeño Poppers?
These Delicious Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers are baked in the Air Fryer and only have 10.6 carbs per serving, which is equal to 2 stuffed jalapeños. The perfect snack if you are following a Low Carb Keto Diet or need to watch your carb intake due to a health issue.
What kind of Breadcrumbs can I use for this Weight Watchers Jalapeño Popper Recipe?
To make this healthy Weight Watchers Appetizer we are using good old fashioned Corn Flakes. I know cereal seems like a strange breading but it actually works. It's fun to try different ideas.
Can I make Low Carb Keto Friendly Breadcrumbs?
You sure can! Instead of using the cornflakes or traditional breadcrumbs try using crushed pork rinds as a delicious low carb breading.
For an even healthier bread crumb mix try taking some fresh cauliflower rice and mixing it with some spice and air fry for 10-15 minutes and then let it air dry for 30 minutes and then use that as a crispy low carb breading.
Are these Healthy Jalapeno Poppers Vegan?
These tasty air fried Jalapeno poppers can be Vegan if you stuff them with Vegan Cheese instead of the weight watchers cream cheese. Just add a dash of your favorite spice to the cheese for flavor and now no one is left out.
You can use lots of different dips and sauces for your poppers.Try Frank's hot sauce, Cholula sauce, sriracha sauce, tabasco sauce or Walden's Ranch dressing.
How should I serve these Weight Watcher Jalapeno Poppers?
These little weight watcher appetizers should be served fresh out of the Air Fryer with your favorite dipping sauces.
What kind of Dipping Sauces should I use for these Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers?
How do I cook Weight Watcher Jalapeno Poppers?
How Long does it take to Air Fry?
Most dishes prepared in the Air Fryer can be prepared in a fraction of the time that they would take in a traditional oven. If you are always on the go and do not have a lot of time to spend cooking than an Air Fryer is perfect for you.
Is this Stuffed Healthy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe good for a Low Carb Diet?
Absolutely...averaging only 10.6 carbs for 2 stuffed jalapeño poppers, this recipe will easily fit into your Low Carb lifestyle.
Get your FREE Low Carb Food Swaps Here
Is an Air Fryer easy to clean?
When you finish cooking in your Air Fryer there is no excess grease to clean up or discard like you would have if were traditionally frying. No oil splatters on the stove or countertops. Just remove your basket and rinse with soap and water easy peasy!
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Weight Watcher Healthy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe is only 2 Smart Points for one stuffed Jalapeno Popper. Weight Watchers has 3 New Programs right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
I was following the Purple Plan which was good but a little too lenient for me so I have switched over to the Blue Plan and Low Carb Food Swaps and the pounds are going down again happy to report. If you want the new WW Food Lists for each plan just click here.
Want a Free Low Carb Food Swap Cheat Sheet? Click the Link Below
Make some simple swaps and Lose Weight Easy..Get your FREE copy Here
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.