This super easy Zero Point Shrimp Ceviche makes for the perfect light meal or quick appetizer. If you are wondering what you can eat that is refreshing, nutritious and of course delicious this recipe is for you!
Oh and don't worry, you will only need 10 minutes to prepare this healthy Weight Watchers shrimp recipe.
When the weather starts to warm up outside the last thing you want or need is to eat something that will make you feel full, bloated and uncomfortably hot.
I give you the Perfect WW Shrimp Ceviche with Cucumber Recipe for a light, refreshing and healthy meal, Oh and get this,...ZERO points on WW!
If you love low point Weight Watcher Recipes make sure you try my Low Carb Chocolate Frosty, 3 Ingredient Muffins, Air Fryer Beignets, 3 Ingredient Chaffles and another zero point favorite Baked Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this healthy low carb ceviche recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This paleo spicy shrimp recipe is Zero points on my WW plan. Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to determine your exact points it should be similar if not the same.
- Easy to Make - Requires only 10 simple ingredients to prepare this Keto shrimp ceviche recipe.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
This Weight Watcher Grilled Shrimp Ceviche is so Satisfying and Refreshing I guarantee you will be making this on a regular basis. Oh and did I say it is Delicious!
This is the perfect zero point shrimp recipe to break out when you are having a get together or BBQ with friends and family. Just fill a bowl with tortilla chips and your guests can dip away till it's gone.
Tacos and Tostadas are also perfect for making shrimp ceviche tacos with a splash of guacamole Yummy!
Oh and for a quick no cook dinner I just put a couple of scoops of the Shrimp Ceviche on top of my salad for a fast easy meal. Or grab a romaine lettuce leaf and make zero point shrimp ceviche lettuce wraps.
Are you a Weight Watcher, I mean a WW?
Well this is a WW Zero Point Recipe ....YES!! that is correct Zero points for this easy Shrimp Ceviche; so feel free to indulge with zero guilt.
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Smart Points System.
This Easy Low Carb Shrimp Ceviche Recipe is Zero Points on my app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarted the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it!
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
What? You Don't Eat Seafood?
No problem! Leave out the Shrimp and just use Veggies.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
Here are your Ingredients for your ceviche shopping list:
- ½ Cup of Cooked Shrimp is the serving size in the recipe (Fresh is best but, I used a bag of Trader Joe's Frozen Shrimp 1lb bag here, I used the entire bag which I Defrosted and then sautéed in Garlic and Olive Oil)
- One large Un-cooked Red Onion - chopped
- 2 Tomatoes - The first tomato sliced and diced - If you have the Mini Ninja Chopper or any food processor makes quick work here.
- The second tomato is special, as you will take a handful a shrimp (about 6) and blend them together in your chopper/processor so you have a minced puree of shrimp and tomato this will elevate the flavors of your Ceviche to the power of Ten.
- 1 Large Cucumber; first ½ Cucumber diced with the skin on and the other ½ Cucumber peeled seeded and diced so refreshing.
- 1 Fresh Squeezed Lime; Fresh Lime Juice just elevates and is always Best
- A Pinch of Salt
- A Pinch of Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Fresh Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- For a little Caribbean flare you can add a ¼ cup of diced mango and make it a zero point mango shrimp ceviche. Add a ¼ cup of chopped avocado and turn this into a delicious mango avocado salsa..the combinations are endless!
How to make Shrimp and Cucumber Ceviche:
1 - In a medium bowl, combine all your ingredients; your cooked shrimp, chopped red onion, chopped tomatoes, shrimp and tomato puree, chopped cucumber and fresh lime juice. Mix together and let stand for 10 minutes for the flavors to blend together. Sprinkle with chopped Cilantro and season to taste with salt & pepper.
That's it ready to serve and eat !
Check out my latest videos here....
Do you like it Spicy?
Try mixing in Tablespoon of fresh grated horseradish or a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper Powder.
1 - For my chopping I used my Mini Ninja . This is a small electric chopper that is able to mince and chop in seconds. No need to mess with knives. This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets it is always sitting out on my counter..easy to use and easy to clean.
2 - For my Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice I used a chef'n Citrus Juicer. Another handy gadget for fresh squeezed juice.
3 - For the Sauteeing of the Shrimp I used my Copper Chef Pan. This is another item I use all the time. No stick and looks good.
1 ounce of raw or cooked shrimp is zero points on Weight Watchers.
Shrimp ceviche is a keto friendly meal. Just eat it in moderation as one of the main ingredients is lime juice which contains a significant amount of carbs.
½ cup of shrimp ceviche contains approximately 152 calories. A perfect low carb meal or appetizer.
Ceviche is best served chilled or at room temperature. Note that while heat is an effective method for killing the bacteria that cause food poisoning, marinating it in citrus juice is not. So it's important to use the freshest seafood you can, from a source you trust.
Ceviche is best served immediately and must be consumed upon serving. But if you do find yourself with leftover ceviche, just drain off the marinade, and put it in the airtight container in the refrigerator for best results.
Grab a FREE copy of 100 Simple Low Carb Food Swaps Here..Print
And we can't forget the presentation. I plated my Shrimp Ceviche in a RAE DUNN Artisan Collection Bowl. I love all of their designs just click on the image below for more info.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grab a copy of my newest book from Amazon if you need an easy to follow Low Carb 30 Day Meal Plan to jump-start your weight-loss. Lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.