This easy homemade mason jar strawberry ice cream is made with only a handful simple fresh ingredients.
By far, the best DIY ice cream because you only need 5 minutes and mason jar to create this sweet and creamy dessert.
This healthy ice cream recipe shows you don't need a fancy ice cream maker and a lot of ingredients to make a big impact. It's a fun low carb dessert that you can customize to suit your cravings.
I used fresh strawberries and strawberry preserves for this recipe but also made a chocolate mason jar ice cream with cocoa power and chocolate chips.
Try making a batch of the no bake cookie dough bites and add this to your ice cream mix for a yummy mason jar cookie dough ice cream.
If you love simple healthy recipes make sure you check out my 3 Ingredient Kodiak Cake Muffins, Wendy's Copycat Frosty , Easy Keto Cheesy Chaffles, Air Fryer Avocado Fries or one of my favorites Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this easy keto mason jar ice cream recipe!!
- Keto Friendly - This easy low carb ice cream recipe has less than 10 carbs per serving. Perfect if you are doing a keto or low carb diet plan.
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This easy low calorie mason jar ice cream recipe is only 13 points for one large serving on my WW Plan when you divide this recipe into 4 servings. If you divide into 8 smaller servings it's only 3 ¼ points and then you have room for some sprinkles.
- Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Easy to Make - This mason jar ice cream hack literally only uses 6 ingredients and 5 minutes of shaking for the perfect homemade ice cream recipe.
- Kid Friendly - This healthy ice cream recipe is a perfect dessert for the kids. Using only the freshest ingredients and they will love being put in charge of shaking the jars for 5 minutes.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less that $20.00 to prepare this classic homemade ice cream recipe.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Heavy Whipping Cream - If you want to make a vegan mason jar ice cream you can use 1 cup of full fat coconut milk.
- Sugar - You can swap the sugar with Stevia for a zero calorie vegan sweetener, or coconut sugar is really good as well.
- Sea Salt - I love Celtic Sea Salt
- A Glass Mason Jar - I use the 16 ounce Ball Mason Jars with the lids.
How to make Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream:
1: Grab a 16 ounce glass mason jar and fill it half way with heavy whipping cream.
2: Now add in your sliced strawberries, strawberry preserves, sugar, vanilla extract and sea salt.
3: Place lid on your mason Jason and shake for 5 minutes, Then place in your freezer for 3 hours. Once frozen remove - scoop and eat - Enjoy!!
Watch the How to Make Mason Jar Keto Ice Cream..
Yes, you absolutely can freeze mason jars. I freeze my homemade ice cream in individual glass mason jars, because it's fun and an easy way to serve.
They say Mason jar ice cream stays fresh for about 6 weeks but in my house it is eaten so quickly we never really get to see how long it can last.
Everyone needs an ice cream cone with their homemade mason jar ice cream. Luckily a sugar cone is only 2 points on Weight Watchers, so make yourself an ice cream cone!
- Try making different mason jar ice cream flavors. For Chocolate Mason Jar ice cream skip the strawberries and add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a handful of chocolate chips instead.
- Leave out the strawberries and you will have a an epic mason jar vanilla ice cream.
- Add in some crushed Oreo cookies for a Mason Jar Oreo Cookie Ice Cream
- Use your homemade strawberry ice cream to create strawberry shortcake in a mason jar by making a layer of ice cream and then add a layer of shortcake and continue the layers until the top of the jar.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Keto Mason Jar Ice Cream Recipe is only 13 Points on my app for one serving depending on how you serve your ice cream. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure try my 2 Point Mini Deep Dish Pizzas to go with your ice cream!!
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan. It's super easy to follow. You can grab a copy on Amazon here.
If you are impatient like me and want the 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan now I am offering an instant digital download of the entire plan for my Blog Visitors only for $1.00 today..just click HERE. Limited time only...
More recipes you will love!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...