With only a handful of ingredients and 15 minutes of easy prep, you can have a filling, hearty pan of zucchini lasagna roll ups ready to go into the oven.
In place of noodles we used sliced precooked zucchini. A healthy WW zero point ingredient. The zucchini noodles are rolled in a creamy ricotta and baked to perfection with a sprinkle of grated cheese and marinara.
Think of these individual lasagna bites as a lighter, fresher take on the normally heavy pasta bake. The zucchini noodles are thin and light, giving you the feel of homemade pasta sheets without the carbs and calories.
Grilled zucchini roll ups are an easy way to work more plant-based goodness into your weekly menu plan.
If you love simple healthy recipes make sure you check out my 3 Ingredient Kodiak Cake Muffins, Wendy's Copycat Frosty , Easy Keto Cheesy Chaffles, Air Fryer Avocado Fries or one of my favorites Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this super easy Zucchini Roll recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This easy low calorie WW friendly ricotta stuffed zucchini is only 2 points for one serving on my WW Plan when you slice your lasagna pan into 8 pieces. If you slice into 12 smaller pieces they become perfect little crispy & cheesy snack bites at only 1 point per cheesy roll up.
- Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Easy to Make - This low carb zucchini roll ups recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and 15 minute prep time.
- Kid Friendly - This healthy zucchini ricotta bake is the perfect blend of cheesy and saucy goodness for those little hands. Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and the kids won't even know you are feeding them a nutritious zucchini rollatini.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less that $20.00 to prepare this Zucchini Ricotta bake recipe.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- Fresh Zucchini - sliced lengthwise. You can also use fresh Eggplant if you do not like Zucchini or use both for a Zucchini Eggplant Lasagna Bake.
- Ricotta cheese - I used the Calabro Brand Ricotta. You can swap the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese if you want to lower the fat content.
- Marinara Sauce - I like to use a good organic brand. Garlic and Sweet Basil is really good with this recipe. You can get Michaels of Brooklyn Organic Pasta Sauce on Amazon which is really good. Rao's Tomato Basil is good also.
How to make Zucchini Ricotta Roll Ups:
2: Drizzle your Zucchini slices with olive oil and a sprinkle of Celtic Sea Salt. Then place your baking sheet with zucchini into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
3: While your zucchini slices are baking prepare your ricotta mixture. Grab a large bowl and mix together ½ cup of ricotta cheese, 1 egg, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, a pinch of sea salt and fresh basil.
4: Grab a 9x9 Inch baking pan and add a layer of marinara sauce to the bottom to prep for placing your veggie rollups.
5: Remove your zucchini slices from the oven. You will see that they are still firm but soft enough to bend. Grab a teaspoon of your ricotta filling and place on a zucchini slice and roll. Now place the zucchini roll into your pan on top of the sauce layer. Fill the entire pan, laying them side by side.
6: Add another layer of Marinara sauce over the top of your lasagna ricotta rollups and then sprinkle with your favorite shredded cheese and bake for another 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. You can also pop the tray in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 Degrees F for air fried Zucchini rollups. They come out good in the oven and air fryer.
7: Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!!!
Watch the Video How to Make Healthy Lasagna Here:
I love using a mandolin slicer to cut vegetables like zucchini and eggplant. You can control the thickness with a simple dial for thicker slices as well as paper-thin slices. Perfect for making homemade zucchini noodles.
You can use a sharp knife as an alternative to using a mandolin. Slice your zucchini lengthwise about ⅛ inch thick. There are also a couple of other cooking utensil options that you can use like, a cheese planer, a vegetable peeler or a food processor with the right attachment.
Eating zucchini on a regular basis may help you lose weight. This fruit is high in water content and has a low caloric density, which may help you feel full. Its fiber content may also reduce hunger and suppress your appetite.
Zucchini's are high in Antioxidants. Zucchini is believed to provide many health benefits like promoting a healthy digestion process. Zucchini is rich in water and fiber, two compounds that create a healthy digestion by reducing constipation and symptoms of gut disorders.
- Swap the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese for a lower fat content.
- Add your favorite chopped meat like turkey, chicken or beef to make a Zucchini Meat Lasagna.
- Freeze a tray or your baked zucchini ricotta roll ups for a make ahead dinner idea.
- Roll your zucchini slices with a taco meat blend for a zucchini enchilada bake recipe.
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Keto Zucchini Roll Up Recipe is only 2 Points on my app for one serving depending on how you slice your tray. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
Make sure you check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan. It's super easy to follow. You can grab a copy on Amazon here.
If you are impatient like me and want the 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan now I am offering an instant digital download of the entire plan for my Blog Visitors only for $1.00 today..just click HERE. Limited time only...
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE HERE...