With only a handful of ingredients and 15 minutes of easy prep, you can have a filling, hearty pan of zucchini lasagna roll ups ready to go into the oven.
In place of noodles we used sliced precooked zucchini. A healthy WW zero point ingredient. The zucchini noodles are rolled in a creamy ricotta and baked to perfection with a sprinkle of grated cheese and marinara.
- 4 Sliced Zucchini
- 1 cup of Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese like Mozzarella or Cheddar or a Mix
- 1 Teaspoon of Basil
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Slice 4 Zucchini's lengthwise with a knife or mandolin. I used a mandolin slicer as it keeps all the slices the same width. Lay your slices on a large baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle your Zucchini slices with olive oil and a sprinkle of Celtic Sea Salt. Then place your baking sheet with zucchini into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While your zucchini slices are baking prepare your ricotta mixture. Grab a large bowl and mix together 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, a pinch of sea salt and fresh basil.
- Grab a 9x9 Inch baking pan and add a layer of marinara sauce to the bottom to prep for placing your veggie rollups.
- Remove your zucchini slices from the oven. You will see that they are still firm but soft enough to bend. Grab a teaspoon of your ricotta filling and place on a zucchini slice and roll. Now place the zucchini roll into your pan on top of the sauce layer. Fill the entire pan, laying them side by side.
- Add another layer of Marinara sauce over the top of your lasagna ricotta rollups and then sprinkle with your favorite shredded cheese and bake for another 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. You can also pop the tray in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 Degrees F for air fried Zucchini rollups. They come out good in the oven and air fryer.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!!!
- Swap the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese for a lower fat content.
- Add your favorite chopped meat like turkey, chicken or beef to make a Zucchini Meat Lasagna.
- Freeze a tray or your baked zucchini ricotta roll ups for a make ahead dinner idea.
- Roll your zucchini slices with a taco meat blend for a zucchini enchilada bake recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Roll up
- Calories: 34
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 35.7 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 13.8 mg
Keywords: Zucchini Ricotta Lasagna Rollups