Attention muffin lovers, this easy carrot cake muffin recipe is for you! Baby carrots and coconut milk give these savory muffins a moist center, while a melt in your mouth cream cheese frosting brings a sweet and creamy flavor to the outside.
These quick and easy muffins bake up in under 20 minutes. They are the perfect low calorie, Weight Watcher friendly breakfast muffin.
Made with baby carrots and the freshest ingredients for a perfect healthy dessert muffin.
I used a Mini Ninja Chopper to grate the baby carrots for this recipe in seconds. These little kitchen choppers make life so much easier in the kitchen and they are super affordable. I highly recommend getting one if you don't have one already.
You can make these baby carrot muffins ahead of time and freeze them.
These cute little Weight Watcher muffins are perfect for a healthy snack.
There was enough batter to make 16 muffins so I put 4 into my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer in individual silicone muffin cups. I wanted to see if this batter would make good air fryer muffins too and the answer is yes!
The air fried carrot cake muffins baked in about 13 minutes so slightly faster in the air fryer than the oven and they looked more like bakery style carrot muffins. Tasted just as good as the oven baked.
If you want to see more WW friendly sweet treats make sure you check out my Low Calorie Wendy's Frosty, 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Muffins, Air Fryer Beignets, 3 Ingredient Chaffles and the popular Zero Point Baked Apple Crisp Chips.
Why make this recipe?
You don't want to miss out on this easy low calorie Weight Watcher muffin recipe!
- Weight Watcher Friendly - This easy carrot muffin recipe is only 6 points on my WW Plan. Since the new Weight Watchers plan is personalized you will have to input the ingredients used into your WW app to get your exact points.
- Mouth watering low calorie dessert - Only 179 calories for 1 Iced carrot cake muffin.
- Easy to Make - These carrot cake muffins from scratch bake up or air fry in under 20 minutes.
- Kid friendly - These little carrot cake Bon Bons are so moist and delicious the kids will have no idea you are sneaking a vegetable into their dessert.
- Budget Friendly - Costs less than $20.00 to prepare.
- Aroma - The smell of cinnamon and nutmeg baking in the oven is like being in your favorite bakery on a Sunday morning..
- Parfait Fun - Oh and they can be turned into the perfect healthy breakfast parfait. Just break your muffin into pieces and layer with Cool Whip in a mini glass.
Ingredients needed and substitutions:
- A bag of baby carrots - you can also add some grated zucchini for a carrot cake zucchini muffin.
- All purpose flour and whole wheat flour - this carrot cake muffin recipe uses a blend of both flours.
- Weight Watchers Cream Cheese or any light cream cheese.
- Unsweetened light coconut milk
- Powdered sugar
- Brown Sugar or you can make your own version of brown sugar with ⅓ cup of regular sugar and a teaspoon of maple syrup mixed in.
1: Preheat your oven to 425 Degrees F. Line a 12 muffin pan with standard size muffin liners.
2: In a large bowl mix your flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3: In a medium bowl mix your egg, coconut milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Then add in your grated carrots to the mix and whisk together.
4: Pour carrot cake muffin batter into your muffin cups - fill half way - then bake in over at 425 degrees F for 18 minutes.
5: Make your icing by mixing together 2 ounces of light cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. When muffins are cooled add your icing and eat!
- If you don't have muffins liners on hand or run out try this muffin liner hack - cut 5 inch squares from a sheet of parchment paper and firmly press them over the base of an inverted drinking glass to shape them. Then place the shaped liners into the muffin cups in your baking pan. Fill and bake as directed.
- For mess free muffin making - Instead of portioning batter into a muffin tin using a spoon or measuring cup - which tend to dribble batter on the counter - try an unusual tool; a canning funnel. The gadget neatly fits into each cup and allows you to deposit batter without any drips.
- Soften your cream cheese with ease - when you need room temperature cream cheese to make frosting and don't have time to wait, speed things up by submerging the foil wrapped package in a bowl of warm water. It should only take about 10 minutes for the cheese to soften.
If you use whole wheat flour and unsweetened light coconut milk you can make homemade carrot cake muffins that are less than 200 calories per muffin. Averaging about 179 calories per carrot muffin with only 9 grams of fat.
Since the main ingredient is grated carrots you are getting a healthy dose of fiber, vitamin A and beta carotene with your dessert. So the answer is yes carrot cake does have some health benefits.
Your typical carrot cake with frosting has about 39 grams of carbs per serving. If you make your own homemade keto carrot cake with frosting you can cut that down to about 24 grams of carbs per serving.
Check out my latest videos here...
Need a quick jumpstart to your weight loss? Grab a copy of my 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan for $1.00 Here..Limited time only for my Blog Visitors
Are you a Weight Watcher?
If you follow my Blog you probably already know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I like to point all of my Recipes with the WW Points System.
This Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe is only 6 Points on my app for one serving. Weight Watchers has a new individualized program right now to make it easier to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight.
Just plug the ingredients into your WW app to confirm the points for your individual program.
I used to go back and forth between the Purple Plan and the Blue Plan prior to the new program and whenever I hit a plateau I did my own 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan which jumpstarted the Fat Burning again, so if you feel stuck try it! You can get an instant download of the entire 30 day meal plan for $1.00 just click HERE...
If you don't like a digital meal plan you can grab the book on Amazon here..
Make sure check out my Newbie WW Tips and Tricks Guide if you are just getting started.
More recipes you will love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Want to stay connected? Just hit Subscribe Here and keep up on all the latest recipes.